Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Apologies if I was unclear; I 100% agree with your point above and it is correct that they shoud. What I am trying to say, perhaps poorly, is that I suspect the FA will en-devour to distance themselves from the case for two reasons....

1) it has been settled without reporting a criminal offence
2) its a criminal issue rather than a governing body issue.

To be absolutely clear, I am not saying the FA shouldn't throw the book at them, I am suggesting it is likely they predictably look to turn the other cheek

So the fa turn a blind eye to a criminal act but doesnt allowe new owners of clubs to invest heavily !!....common denominator it would impact the fa's favourite clubs ....the fa who dont want to see their clubs nicked for hacking or for being knocked down the league by new investors in not so popular clubs........

Nakrani is not and never has been Sports Editor at the Grauniad. He is described as a writer and an editor which almost certainly means sub editing sports feature copy from freelancers.
The Football Editor is, or was Martin Christenson and Will Woodward is Head of Sport. Incidentally Jonathan Liew joins them next week,. which should do nothing to redress the bias.
OK. Understood, but you can see where I got it from...

From his page on the Guardian: "Sachin Nakrani is a writer and editor for Guardian Sport"(https://www.theguardian.com/profile/sachinnakrani).

This is his Twitter bio: Note writer and editor for Guardian Sport.

q6YoB8W.png

Last edited:
Spot-on and why did employees who carried out hundreds of criminal offences and cost their employers at least £1m in legal costs end up being promoted to senior positions in that organisation. Liverpool FC must have thought the benefit gained by this data theft outweighed the criminal activity of their staff.
Perhaps the £1million is chicken feed to the value of the stolen information or for other criminal activities carried out by LFC

cvcvcvcvcv

That doesn't mean he's sports editor. Just means he's an editor on sport. Could be a copy editor or commissioning editor. He's not sports editor.
Yes. I got it now. He's not the Sports Editor, but an editor.

I wouldn't normally debase myself on here by posting a link to a Manchester United fan site and urging people to click on it, but the mention of Sachin Nakrani makes me want to share this: http://therepublikofmancunia.com/guardian-journo-will-regret-starting-battle-with-united-fans/

I ask for forgiveness for the fact that I find the dirty feeling of viewing the site in question well worth it given what the page in question reveals about old Sachin.
ive read that before ,a great story

The method of hacking that LFC might have used here could be considered in the world of IT as one of the least damning. Granted password hacking can be done in various ways, but the easiest way is when not so smart users start using passwords that are way to predictable. Immagine a container filled to the brimm with gold bars secured by the simplest of slots and having the key under the floormat below it. There is a point where one can argue that "someone is asking to be robbed". Would you really punish a thief so much for stealing a diamond ferrari when the doors was left open and the keys left upon the dash?

In fact, from my pov i kinda "grant it" to "hackers" who get in by simply guessing the login and password right. It takes a certain fine skill of the one to do it, or the total lack of caution of the victim to propperly secure it.

That said, there are various ways of password hacking that are far less innocent. In such cases the punishment should be way harder:

-Brute force password hacking: This is a form of hacking where one uses software code to run trough potentially "almost every possible combination of login/password". This can take litteraly billions of attempts before you get a combination that works, but the code might run pretty fast trough those attempts. Granted, even with the speed of a program such efforts can take days and should be noticable to any network administrator that has his security set up right. This form of password hacking is quite different from the former as it takes a very concerted planned effort in contrast to the former where one can "just stumble on the gold".

-Bribery: Getting someone on the inside to facilitate acces for you is a often employed technique in the world of hacking. Again something that should warrent a bigger punishment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.