Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by xzbit04, 16 Jun 2013.

1. Centurions

Centurions

It sounds like you're trying to excuse Liverpool. It doesn't matter how the access details were obtained, they illegally accessed a database that they had no right to and did it over a 6 month period multiple times.

Edit: 100's of accesses over an 8 month period, so not an 'whoops, we forgot we didn't work there anymore' simple mistake.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2019
    karen7 and 55yr old teenager like this.
  2. Malekith

Malekith

It's in the Daily Mail and the Times so far it's not being ignored. I assume it will blow up when the FA start a proper investigation.

3. hcblue95

hcblue95

Naive to think this will blow up, or the FA will open a formal investigation.

4. Marvin

Marvin

I am not sure how it occurred, but I do agree a pre-planned plot would be more serious than an opportunistic crime, however from what I have read, LFC are in very hot water IF City have provided the FA with evidence of unauthorised access. How would you refute that, and how could a regulator walk away from that, once the world knows or thinks they know some of the background?

5. FlemishDuck

FlemishDuck

Don't be bloody stupid, i'm a blue. The difference is that i have a relevant degree and experience in network administration and i'm just giving my insights from that viewpoint. Pool can go burn in hell as far as im concerned. The reflections i made though was that severity of punishment would typicly depend of form in which it happened especially if that suggests a concerted pre planned effort.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2019
  6. Marvin

Marvin

Surely that depends on what information City have given the FA.

chesterbells likes this.
  7. FlemishDuck

FlemishDuck

Well i'd like the technical details on how it was exactly done. I'm not refuting aything unless i know the details.

What i do consider is given that scouts afaik often work freelance that LFC might even not have been aware that the information was aquired trough hacking by their hired scout. I presume it's also good for the scout if he's able to bring in an interresting player, even getting payed extra for that?

What would be way more worse for LFC would be that the intrusions would have been tracked back to their networks. If it proves that someone used a computer sitting within the IP range of a LFC network to acces a secured server of MCFC well i doubt the regulators would need so much more.

8. Eds

Eds

Doing it once is an opportunistic crime, doing it multiple times over an eight month period is pre planned. It's like your partner may forgive you for a drunken one off fumble but is unlikely to do so after an eight month affair unless of course you are a multi millionaire footballer. the victims are in deep shit and I can only see a huge fine and a points deduction coming there way. Anything less would mean a cover up of huge proportions.

9. BAB.DAB

BAB.DAB

Simple way of looking at it
    We didn't leave the back door open it was locked, Liverwoods came equipped

10. FlemishDuck

FlemishDuck

If so, may they be punished harsh for it, including some jailtime for the ones that executed it.