Liverpool PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
It takes an exceptional level of talent, self-belief, and mental fortitude for a No. 2 keeper to come into a game like that and put in the performance he did. For that, Ortega gets my vote. Best No. 2 in the league by a country mile. Stones was very good too and Kova, for me, showed why he should have started.

Went for Stones.
Ortega brilliant, Akanji very good, and … no, that’s about it for today.

Pity too many were not peaking on the day.

Sidenote:
I miss Haaland running, getting in duels, and trying to at least look like he gives a feck. We can ask more from the ones who are really good or special. Bernardo was not good but he ran, tackled and tried to at least be of some use.

As poor as we were there was quite a few nominees (>20 votes) for MOTM. The fact that it was mostly defenders that got more votes probably highlights our our determination to stay in the game and hang on. Well done Kova for steadying the rocking ship.

Akanji best of a bad bunch , Kovacic made a big difference when he cam eon , but i am a pensioner and i could have given the ball away less than Alvarez today , he was useless.

You get lucky when your two strikers don’t turn up at Anfield thought Haaland became a passenger only trying to close angles down as the Scouse played the ball out from the back. Don’t understand Alvarez’s role he seemed to be all over the place and consistently caused breakdowns and had them turning us round too many times

Walker today.

He's crap at crossing and he spurned two good opportunities, but he was our best defender and saved us a few times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.