Liverpool takeover

Maybe something which has been overlooked.

Anyone buying Liverpool would have too little time to bring them in to line with UEFA's planned spending contraints coming in to force?

We have 18 months on Liverpool, already. They have no stadium, and the paucity of their squad, ensuring they would need to spend even more than us just to get to our current level.

I have little knowledge as to their finances, but everything currently being speculated in this tread, is in complete contradiction to what Liverpool FC have been actively doing behind the scenes in terms of football transfers.

Manure is a money making machine, any clear rationale, certainly with regards people with access to unimaginable wealth, would simply spend a few hundred million more buying something ready made.

People fail to appreciate, our beloved club were just a perfect storm at the right time.

leighton said:
I know this may sound mad but I think Liverpool will be a lot better next year with or without Torres and Gerrard. Raffa lost the dressing room big time and most of there other players will stay on I just wont write them off as quickly as others have not just yet.
Agreed. I think they're not as bad as some of last years results. Raffa definitely lost it, and I think they are still not far short of being a very good team.

There was an interview with Amanda Staveley on the Today Program on R4 this morning. She was instrumental in negotiating the Sheikh's takeover of City. As well as saying some nice things about us and our owner, she reckons there is very little interest in the Middle East for takeovers of other clubs as there is not much value in it.

The interview as a whole is interesting, start at 18:50, but if you just want the city bit, then start at 22:50 ish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/b006qj9z/console

You will know more about what's happening if Torres , Gerrard and Mascherano suddenly start making statements saying that they never want to Leave liverpoo

roylefamily said:
You will know more about what's happening if Torres , Gerrard and Mascherano suddenly start making statements saying that they never want to Leave liverpoo

This...

unexpected item said:
There was an interview with Amanda Staveley on the Today Program on R4 this morning. She was instrumental in negotiating the Sheikh's takeover of City. As well as saying some nice things about us and our owner, she reckons there is very little interest in the Middle East for takeovers of other clubs as there is not much value in it.

The interview as a whole is interesting, start at 18:50, but if you just want the city bit, then start at 22:50 ish.

this is definitely worth a listen - nice one

mancboy123 said:
Look at it this way, if they were that rich then this wouldnt have come out because it wouldnt be a big deal for them, when city got taken over the sheikhs press ofice didnt know because anything under a billion didnt get their attention.

Also you say this is a consortium well that means that one person didnt have the funds to buy them outright?

Ill believe it when i see it but i doubt it v much and to be fair i could have predicted benitez to inter 2 weeks before it happened it was patently obvious!

Good point - Wasn't Portsmouth taken over by a Arab Consortium??

stumpy_mcfc said:
mancboy123 said:
Look at it this way, if they were that rich then this wouldnt have come out because it wouldnt be a big deal for them, when city got taken over the sheikhs press ofice didnt know because anything under a billion didnt get their attention.

Also you say this is a consortium well that means that one person didnt have the funds to buy them outright?

Ill believe it when i see it but i doubt it v much and to be fair i could have predicted benitez to inter 2 weeks before it happened it was patently obvious!

Good point - Wasn't Portsmouth taken over by a Arab Consortium??

I would say they were more Arab wannabe's than anything. Al Fahim in particular has an ego bigger than the Sheikhs bank account.

unexpected item said:

Cheers for that mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.