Liverpool takeover

YES! i hope this is true!! just imagine! the competition between the two down in the Gulf

Dont think our owners want to lose that battle to be honest! :)

I hope it isn't true, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Thy have potential and World Wide support, but the only one who could help them realise that potential
is someone so rich they are prepared to take a massive early loss to first buy the club, pay off the debt, re-build the squad and build a new stadium.

This is funny, this thread has spread like wild fire on the dipper forums and that's why you're all getting text... Just had a dipper on the phone saying the same thing to me so asked where he got it from and I was told their forums are wild with it as someone has got it from 'an itk' from bluemoon, lol I know but bless them! Anyway it's all started from here so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not to mention last time we had this it was proven that it wouldn't be done due to conflicts of interest.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 pm --<br /><br />This is funny, this thread has spread like wild fire on the dipper forums and that's why you're all getting text... Just had a dipper on the phone saying the same thing to me so asked where he got it from and I was told their forums are wild with it as someone has got it from 'an itk' from bluemoon, lol I know but bless them! Anyway it's all started from here so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not to mention last time we had this it was proven that it wouldn't be done due to conflicts of interest.

not my fault! said:
This is funny, this thread has spread like wild fire on the dipper forums and that's why you're all getting text... Just had a dipper on the phone saying the same thing to me so asked where he got it from and I was told their forums are wild with it as someone has got it from 'an itk' from bluemoon, lol I know but bless them! Anyway it's all started from here so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not to mention last time we had this it was proven that it wouldn't be done due to conflicts of interest.

-- Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 pm --

This is funny, this thread has spread like wild fire on the dipper forums and that's why you're all getting text... Just had a dipper on the phone saying the same thing to me so asked where he got it from and I was told their forums are wild with it as someone has got it from 'an itk' from bluemoon, lol I know but bless them! Anyway it's all started from here so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not to mention last time we had this it was proven that it wouldn't be done due to conflicts of interest.

Wow, who needs logic and real information when you can grasp at the straws of wummery?

I do hope they are reading what I post concerning their great club as it might just wake a few of em up.

But i doubt they do somehow.......

I must admit I couldnt stop laughing when I was told this by him. They are getting their info from here and are taking it as a done deal, they are all getting cocky and excited. I did try and bring him back to earth by trying to explain it could not happen but.... They just dont listen, bless.

not my fault! said:
I must admit I couldnt stop laughing when I was told this by him. They are getting their info from here and are taking it as a done deal, they are all getting cocky and excited. I did try and bring him back to earth by trying to explain it could not happen but.... They just dont listen, bless.

Well, to be honest I think there are people down in the peninsula rich and powerful enough to try to do a "Sheikh Mansour style" takeover..But I´m sure they would try to reach an agreement with Abu Dhabi first.

A prime suspect would be the flamboyant Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal..who recently had a meeting with Khaldoon in Riyadh.

Why buy today for £560m (or probably more - if fbloke is right (as usual) on the economics) a club that you can buy for a quid when they finally go tits up?

Why buy Liverpool when Newcastle are still up for sale, have a bigger stadium in a one team town and would cost substantially less than £560m?

Why buy in England, at all? The league is ultra competitive and surely an investment in say, Inter, Benfica or Ajax would be a safer bet?

Wishful thinking, that's why...

A couple of relatively minor spanish clubs have recently been bought by our Arabian cousins as well as far as I can tell.

Malaga was one wasn't it?

Perhaps that is where the real value is for any new investment.

I would welcome the opinions of S04, Hbruz and Ajay on whether big money would be paid for a 'successful' club with little or no opportunity for development to brag about unlike the situation at City where the owner(s) can very really claim to have created something special at a sleeping giant.

Would A N Other Arab Billionaire lose face by doing it the easy way? I tend to think they would.

If the bookies and media are right it seems that Roy Hodgeson is going to be the new manager of Liverpool. So just going off that alone I cant see a buyer for Liverpool just yet and I feel Roy will have to sell off Torres and Gerrard to cover the bank loans and hope that he can work his magic at Liverpool. Great manager and deserves his chance at Liverpool but IF there was new owners I dont think Roy would of been there choice of a new manager.I feel Hodgeson will get the best out of Babel as a forward and the Italian midfielder as well good man manager who get the best out of all his players.

I thought so....

Qatari businessman buys Spanish club Malaga
Qatari businessman Shaikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Thani is set to become the first foreign owner of a Primera Liga football club
By Habib ToumiBureau ChiefPublished: 00:00 June 23, 2010
Manama: Qatari businessman Shaikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Thani is set to become the first foreign owner of a Primera Liga football club.
Shaikh Abdullah, chairman of Nasser Bin Abdullah and Sons Group, will announce the details of the purchase of Spanish outfit Malaga CF, rumoured to be about 25 million euros, at a press conference.
He will have 100 per cent ownership of the club, Qatari daily The Peninsula reported Tuesday. Spain, like Italy and England, has no rules preventing foreign citizens from owning clubs.
The press conference will be attended by Fernando Sanz, the current club president, and his father Lorenzo Sanz, former Real Madrid president.
In 2006, Sanz Sr bought a 97 per cent stake in the club and then appointed his son Fernando, former captain of the team, as club president. The club also has its own reserve team, Atletico Malagueno.
Shaikh Abdullah is also expected to name the coach and his plans to bring in players like Rangers star Madjid Bougherra.
Malaga, established in 1948, finished 17th in the 2009-10 La Liga season, barely avoiding relegation. Last year they finished eighth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.