Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

JoeMercer'sWay said:
carlos92 said:
SWPISHOME said:
Didn't know that, Just got a text a few minutes ago, Was told to lump on whatever money I have on Rodgers, He says it's a done deal, Liverpool will announce it Friday.

I'm in deep sh*t if Rodgers doesn't get it after the money I put on!

The only thing is Swansea had originally turned Liverpool down. You could be right to put some money on it.

thought I'd read a Swansea statement that said Rodgers had declined to speak Liverpool first time around, they must have offered him the moon this time and Martinez turned it down? blimey.

They dressed it up that way to stop the Swansea fans flapping I guess. I was originally confident that it was Martinez (KFA by the way), but it looks like they want to speak to more candidates.

you would never say it was Liverpool fans who caused death of all these people..

Liverpool Football Club today remembers the 39 football fans who died when a wall collapsed at the Heysel Stadium in Belgium on this day 27 years ago.

Managing director Ian Ayre left a floral tribute at the foot of the Heysel Memorial Plaque in the Centenary Stand this morning.

The tragedy unfolded on May 29, 1985, at the European Cup final between Liverpool and Juventus, when what should have been one of the greatest nights in the club's history turned into a nightmare.

Instead of leaving Brussels having seen our team lift a fifth European Cup, Liverpool supporters travelled back to England having witnessed the deaths of 39 football supporters including 32 Italian fans of Juventus, four Belgians, two from France and one man from Northern Ireland.

Seems to me liverpool are In a struggle to appoint anyone of any note. I mean come on, the Wigan and Swansea managers go head to head for the big job lol ?
All the big guns have turned them down flat.
Just shows you how things can change through decline and lack of on the pitch success.
I think they will be living on past glory for some time to come.

Uber Blues said:
Seems to me liverpool are In a struggle to appoint anyone of any note. I mean come on, the Wigan and Swansea managers go head to head for the big job lol ?
All the big guns have turned them down flat.
Just shows you how things can change through decline and lack of on the pitch success.
I think they will be living on past glory for some time to come.

It had been fun for them to be fair.

The back pages say Rodgers, the only problem is how can he instill his footballing ideology/style with the players Liverpool have? Suarez and Lucas can probably play their part in his style but can any of the others really?

LoveCity said:
The back pages say Rodgers, the only problem is how can he instill his footballing ideology/style with the players Liverpool have? Suarez and Lucas can probably play their part in his style but can any of the others really?

I don't recall Rodgers pushing a policy of diving and racial abuse...

In terms of contacts in the game I would think Brendan Rodgers would be better than Roberto Martinez.

Rodney Marsh seems to think Martinez has snubbed Liverpool to take the Aston Villa job...

I know, don't believe everything you read, but he claims it comes from a source that told him about Dalglish getting the sack before it happened.

If it's true, it would be very funny, being snubbed for Aston Villa haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.