Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I believe that if they could flick a switch and have a 60k stadium right now they would fill it.

They still have an enormous appeal among people of my generation throughout the UK and within your generation in Asia. Although their global following is, to some extent built on sand, the same could not be said of their (lower;-)) middle aged suppporters in this country.

Do not forget the impact that building a new stadium has had on demand for tickets at Sunderland, Bolton and, yes, City. I am sure that the attendant goodwill that such an undertaking generates would give them sufficient impetus to fill a 60k stadium for a couple of seasons based on their showing this season.

That is hardly the point, however. There is no switch to flick and the longer they go without a stadium to reflect their ambitions as a club, the less likely those ambtions can ever be realised.
I certainly don't. At City we were rammed to capacity at Maine Road when we were shit. As a 15 year old lad in the last season buying tickets with his own money (season tickets were beyond me at this point and travel to night matches was not a possibility), and in the years immediately before, the idea of getting tickets for a big game was laughable. There was clearly pent-up demand. I'm not saying there's none at all at Anfield. Perhaps they could get 60k for big games but the fact remains that when we moved we were selling out every league game. The scousers haven't this season and yet I'm expected to believe they'd get bigger than an 11k bump like us. Can't see it. 5k-8k possibly, not 15k. That amount of fans probably wouldn't cover the interest on a new stadium, much less pay the fucker off. Stadiums are damned expensive things and before building starts, the scousers best be sure of their figures or it could be the ruining of them rather than the making - or remaking.

Skashion said:
At City we were rammed to capacity at Maine Road when we were shit.

And we struggled to fill it in 1995/6 season in the Premier League, most noticeably in the Derby when Giggs scord that fucking goal.

Attendances can be a moveable feast for a whole variety of reasons. If you think that as thing stand today Liverpool could not fill a 60,000 stadium then I think you totally underestimate their support base.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Skashion said:
At City we were rammed to capacity at Maine Road when we were shit.

And we struggled to fill it in 1995/6 season in the Premier League, most noticeably in the Derby when Giggs scord that fucking goal.

Attendances can be a moveable feast for a whole variety of reasons. If you think that as thing stand today Liverpool could not fill a 60,000 stadium then I think you totally underestimate their support base.
and I think you overestimate it. C'est la vie.

SWPISHOME said:
Brendan Rodgers to be named Liverpool manager on Friday, He's 4/6 if anybody want to lump on. Info is from a very good source.

Well the Swansea Chairman has held two hour talks with Rodgers so must be trying to persuade him to stay.

carlos92 said:
SWPISHOME said:
Brendan Rodgers to be named Liverpool manager on Friday, He's 4/6 if anybody want to lump on. Info is from a very good source.

Well the Swansea Chairman has held two hour talks with Rodgers so must be trying to persuade him to stay.

Didn't know that, Just got a text a few minutes ago, Was told to lump on whatever money I have on Rodgers, He says it's a done deal, Liverpool will announce it Friday.

I'm in deep sh*t if Rodgers doesn't get it after the money I put on!

SWPISHOME said:
carlos92 said:
SWPISHOME said:

Didn't know that, Just got a text a few minutes ago, Was told to lump on whatever money I have on Rodgers, He says it's a done deal, Liverpool will announce it Friday.

The only thing is Swansea had originally turned Liverpool down. You could be right to put some money on it.

mcmanus said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Been told Laudrup next 'pool manager, anyone know what the odds are with the bookmakers ?

He already declined the opportunity to speak to them

Fat Paul who does a great job running the local bakery has declined the oppurtunity to speak to them.

Laudrup is 80/1 with Bet 365

carlos92 said:
SWPISHOME said:
carlos92 said:

The only thing is Swansea had originally turned Liverpool down. You could be right to put some money on it.

thought I'd read a Swansea statement that said Rodgers had declined to speak Liverpool first time around, they must have offered him the moon this time and Martinez turned it down? blimey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.