Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

If rogers signs then that will be the same trick he did with watford, talked through his arse about an unfinished job to do and had no wish leave asuring fans and board he was staying and then turning up at reading and signing for them. Liverpool are looking a shambles in this process will be funny if martinez turned them down

He's confirmed as manager now. Doesn't strike me as the obvious choice, but that's football for you...

Edit: Misread what the BBC were saying, made it look like it was a done deal. Official announcement tomorrow.

I've got a lot of time for Rodgers, he's clearly a decent manager. But and it is a big but, he seems to have a very specific and singular philosophy on the game and wherever he goes it is going to take quite a while to see the results, I would think. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Reading and his view was always that you could see what Rodgers was trying to do there but the results didn't stand up while he was trying to change things and he didn't get the time. Now if he is at Liverpool and they go backwards for a while whilst he tries to implement stuff, is he going to get the time to see it through? Will they put up with being mid table or below for a year in the hope that things will be much better in the longer term? I doubt it.

gutted for swansea and their fans.

I was enjoying watching Liverpools demise under king kenny and although I like Rodgers and wish him the best of luck, it's a big job to turn it around.

the club won't want to spend the sorts of money they have in the past couple of years, and their squad is very average with the high expectations of a big club.
also, they wont have the steve g they have had for the past 5+ years to carry them

Its an uphill struggle for any manager in my opinion.

Decent manager, and as long as they give him a few seasons I think he could turn out good news for Liverpool. I think they've signed one of the bright young managers, so let's see how much time the press give him.

Martinez has turned it down because he does not want to work with football directors!

Don't blame him, if Liverpool get Van Gaal, he will tell Martinez how to do his job. Not worth it!

Lancet Fluke said:
I've got a lot of time for Rodgers, he's clearly a decent manager. But and it is a big but, he seems to have a very specific and singular philosophy on the game and wherever he goes it is going to take quite a while to see the results, I would think. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Reading and his view was always that you could see what Rodgers was trying to do there but the results didn't stand up while he was trying to change things and he didn't get the time. Now if he is at Liverpool and they go backwards for a while whilst he tries to implement stuff, is he going to get the time to see it through? Will they put up with being mid table or below for a year in the hope that things will be much better in the longer term? I doubt it.

Because of the financial rewards on offer, the owners see top 4 as the priority for Liverpool rather than winning domestic cups. As you've said, Rodgers' preferred playing style may take a while to implement. While he hit the ground running at Swansea, that seems to be widely acknowledged as having something to do with his predecessor Martinez playing a similar style of football and the players already being used to it. At Watford and Reading it was a different story for him. The owners will need to be prepared to show some patience with him. Plus the fans of course.

Done deal folks. Swansea to announce Brendan Rogers' departure in the next hour.

could be a blessing for Swansea, they've already got Sigurdsson pretty much and they could bring in a more experienced manager who may be able to handle the 2nd season pressures better than Rogers, who now can have fun trying to teach Downing, Henderson and Carroll the passing game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.