Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

waspish said:
This part says it all

"A planning application is not expected to be submitted until next summer and little information has yet been revealed on the exact details of the project."

It's Liverpool doing what they do best!
Couple of years ago they were talking about the first spade in the ground for their new stadium within 60 days and a huge swimming pool hole in Stanley Park shortly afterwards

Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

johnny crossan said:
waspish said:
This part says it all

"A planning application is not expected to be submitted until next summer and little information has yet been revealed on the exact details of the project."

Couple of years ago they were talking about the first spade in the ground for their new stadium within 60 days and a huge swimming pool hole in Stanley Park shortly afterwards

Yep it's about money if they had it they would be starting it NOW

I'll believe the expansion when I see it. That said, I'd be pretty disappointed if liverpool got to 60k before we'd expanded on our current capacity

Would they be able to fill 60k every week if they continued to finish 7/8th?. If I remember right they were struggling to fill some midweek games when Hodgson was struggling. I know it coincided with the Scandinavian volcano but surely that can't account for 5 thousand seats??

I don't think they would fill it if they are half-way in the League, and if it came at the detriment of team re-building, I don't think they'd do it.

Blue Hefner said:
Would they be able to fill 60k every week if they continued to finish 7/8th?. If I remember right they were struggling to fill some midweek games when Hodgson was struggling. I know it coincided with the Scandinavian volcano but surely that can't account for 5 thousand seats??

A Liverpool fan was just on talkspite and he reckons they have a 40,000 strong waiting list at Anfield.
Can't see it myself.

stony said:
Blue Hefner said:

A Liverpool fan was just on talkspite and he reckons they have a 40,000 strong waiting list at Anfield.
Can't see it myself.

I heard that myself and thought the exact same thing. But even if he is right, people on wait on waiting lists if they are successful. If they carry on the way they are going tickets will be available on a week to week basis

Blue Hefner said:
stony said:
Blue Hefner said:

Can't see it myself.

I heard that myself and thought the exact same thing. But even if he is right, people on wait on waiting lists if they are successful. If they carry on the way they are going tickets will be available on a week to week basis

40,000, or 400,000, it makes no difference when the expansion is to 48,000, or not at all. Look at Boston, in the absolute shit playing wise and look at Liverpool, going the same way. They are typical Spivs who asset strip and lie.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
johnny crossan said:
waspish said:
This part says it all

Yep it's about money if they had it they would be starting it NOW

Exactly, its spin and bollocks, it translates to "You never know!"

don't think it would be wise redeveloping anfield, theres only so much you can do to a ground with the infrastructure it has and the area surrounding it. its like us turning maine road into 60k. the transport issues would be a nightmare, and the old infrastructure would hinder any development that would be planned.

plus they haven't got any area around the ground for developments, like we have at east lands.

BUT they get to keep anfield; a little bit of history they do not want to discard

LIVERPOOL’S redeveloped ground will have the largest capacity in the second tier, it has emerged.

The vast stadium will incorporate a housing estate and a Morrisons

The extensive works will begin once all of Stewart Downing’s shanked crosses and Steven Gerrard’s 90-yard passes have been cleared off the roof.

Manager Brendan Rodgers said: “By this time next year we’ll be facing the likes of Ipswich and Barnsley, so the workmen can carry on in the sizeable empty parts of the stadium while matches are being played.

“There’s very little chance of them being distracted by crowd noise, as it’s usually the home team scoring that causes kerfuffle.”

Former owners Hicks and Gillett’s proposals for a 300,000-seat anti-gravity omnidome hovering in the stratosphere were shelved after proving scientifically impossible.

And suggestions that Liverpool and Everton share a ground were abandoned after debate about which set of fans would be friendlier and more welcoming triggered a month-long riot.

Liverpool’s ten-year business plan will see seating capacity continually increased as the club hurtles down the tables.

When the club finally slips into non-league football in 2022, its stadium will be visible from space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.