Liverpool Thread 2012/13

I see they're still pushing the £1bn line.

Using the same figures as was used to calculate our £1bn spent I wonder how much Liverpool have spent since FSG came in.

Cost of buying the club - £300m
Players bought (players sold not included) - £160m
Wages since start of 10/11 season- £390m
Other spending since 10/11 (ignore income) - ????

Not far off a billion themselves if not more.

moomba said:

Using the same figures as was used to calculate our £1bn spent I wonder how much Liverpool have spent since FSG came in.

It's absolutely laughable that our club seems to be the only one when talking about spending that people include the whole shagging lot - transfer fees, wages, and purchase price of the club. Any other club and they just seem to include transfer spend.

M18CTID said:
moomba said:

It's absolutely laughable that our club seems to be the only one when talking about spending that people include the whole shagging lot - transfer fees, wages, and purchase price of the club. Any other club and they just seem to include transfer spend.

Just had a look now, our £1bn included not only the wages we've spent but future wage commitments so for Liverpool they would be well over the £1bn mark themselves. So would the rags, so would Chelsea, if you include the price Kroenke has paid for his minority stake Arsenal would probably be over £1bn as well.

But you would never know it listening to the bitching from supporters of those sides.

MSP said:
You're worse than them if you give a damn what other teams fans think about money City have spent.

If we're going to ignore everything said and written about us it's going to make for a pretty quiet forum.

moomba said:
MSP said:
You're worse than them if you give a damn what other teams fans think about money City have spent.

If we're going to ignore everything said and written about us it's going to make for a pretty quiet forum.

So be it.

moomba said:
MSP said:

It's OK to discuss I guess but people are taking it too personal, bringing the counter arguments etc, etc..

"Yep, City spent 1 bn, will spend another 1bn" is one I like to say in such moments. If you don't do that than you get bombarded with "we spent our own money, we have class, we have isstry" and other bullshit so why listening that...

Just say, yep we're rich woman, deal with it. That hurts them more than anything :) Though Dippers are usually OK, City are challenging United so they're half fine with it, Gooners are worse moaning lot out there.

Who is taking it personally?

I'm just pointing out that if people are going to point out that we've spent a billion they might like to look at their own sums.

When it comes down to it the billion spending us stupid as it includes the price of buying an asset, and excludes any income that we've earned in the same period.

Seeing as we are on a city board I wouldnt have thought it was a problem discussing that here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.