Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Merseyside Red said:
kiam06 said:
If City would have had a full team firing today we'd have been 3-0 up at half time and cruised it.
What? Just like at Anfield when with your full team you were 3-0 up and cruising at half time? Utter nonsense. You'd have been tougher for sure, Toure is ten times the player of Garcia and Kompany is obviously superior to your other centre backs but we were much more up for it than you.

You were shite. I want you to win the league but basedon yesterday I cannot see that happening.

I agree that the 3-0 up at half-time comment is daft. I wouldn't go as far as to say we were shite though but I will concede that we've been outplayed by Liverpool in the 2 games this season. However, it's a bit short-sighted to think we play like that every week based on 2 performances against one team. I'd argue that United have turned in as many, if not more, indifferent performances this season (Liverpool away being one, even when you went down to 10 men) but the difference of course is that they have more points on the board than us.

Merseyside Red said:
kiam06 said:
If City would have had a full team firing today we'd have been 3-0 up at half time and cruised it.
What? Just like at Anfield when with your full team you were 3-0 up and cruising at half time? Utter nonsense. You'd have been tougher for sure, Toure is ten times the player of Garcia and Kompany is obviously superior to your other centre backs but we were much more up for it than you.

You were shite. I want you to win the league but basedon yesterday I cannot see that happening.

We didn't play very well yesterday at all, and Liverpool were definitely the better of the two sides, but I don't think Liverpool were anything special in the way they played. They worked hard, had a couple of good performances (Sturridge in particular played very well) but it wasn't much more than that. In fact, had the referee not been so incompetant there's a very good chance we'd have got to half time 1-0 up and then gone on to win the game, despite not playing ver well.

Liverpool need to look at who they have been beating, it's a who's who of mediocrity:-

Norwich (x2)
Reading
Wigan
Southampton
West Ham
Fulham
QPR
Sunderland

So, none of the big sides. In fact none of the average sides too. No United, no City, no Chelsea, no Arsenal, no Spurs, no Everton, no Newcastle, not even a West Brom, Swansea or Stoke. When Liverpool can actually start beating the sides that are in the top hald of the table then they might have a shot at achieving something. Until that time they'll always fall short of what is neccessary.

Carragher to hang up his boots

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1330523/liverpool's-jamie-carragher-to-retire?cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... re?cc=4716</a>

oopsss...

large_45.jpg

They would have been better sticking with Dalglish. Wouldnt have been worse than now and would have won the odd cups every now and then

It just shows how poor we've been that Liverpool looked good against us.

At least their fans are becoming realists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.