Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Liverpool are truly fucked if Suarez leaves. They cannot attract a player of his caliber. I noticed RAWK isn't allowing discussion. What is the point of having a forum if such news can't be discussed?

I was a bit skeptical when Liverpool hired Brendan Rodgers because I felt at the time that the media overrated him. I will say that this year he's been proving me wrong like crazy. He looks like he could be a quality manager in the future. Most importantly which is my favorite part (the fm junkie in me) about him is he recruits so well, so far.

Liverpool have brought in Kolo so far, a decent signing but then they are adding Iago Aspas who might be the Michu of next year and today are getting Luis Alberto Romero from Barcelona who looks interesting.

Plus even if the sell Suarez, with the money they'll make they could invest in 2-3 very good players. After the plan to replace Suarez with Muriel from Udinese who's a great talent.

Liverpool might be the X factor team of next season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-bellamy-autobiography-golf-club-1922686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ub-1922686</a>

Dunno if anyone has read this before but it's worth a look.

Sounds like a top night!

Looks like Barca are sniffing around Reina too add Suarez to the exits and Liverpool are fooked.

Talk about Rafa also wanting Skrtel, Agger & Lucas at Napoli. Liverpool are going to have to get used to being a mid-table club where, if they have anyone half decent, they get snapped up by a club playing in the CL.

But as Liverpool were one of the original G14, who demanded FFP as a quid pro quo for not forming a breakaway competition and thinking it would protect their position, it's hard to feel a great deal of sympathy for them.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Talk about Rafa also wanting Skrtel, Agger & Lucas at Napoli. Liverpool are going to have to get used to being a mid-table club where, if they have anyone half decent, they get snapped up by a club playing in the CL.

But as Liverpool were one of the original G14, who demanded FFP as a quid pro quo for not forming a breakaway competition and thinking it would protect their position, it's hard to feel a great deal of sympathy for them.

I think that's incredibly harsh. I have the utmost sympathy.

I've lit a candle for them.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Exactly. It always makes me laugh when you hear idiotic pundits, presenters and commentators, such as Saggers et al, talk about building a team the correct way i.e. slowly and organically. They always fail to recognise that the minute a lower ranked team generates a gem of a player, a team residing at the top table will simply pluck them from the team that has nurtured them for their own gains; see SWP and Chelsea (although we needed the cash), Walcott and Arsenal, Joe Hart and City, plus countless others.

It also seems strange that this very point hasn't been discussed (in the press and media) in relation to the rag's purchase of Zaha, a player who will, by all accounts, benefit from their world famous youth development programme (joke). What about newly promoted Crystal Palace losing the 'jewel' in their crown? I've not heard a fucking peep from the usual suspects about that - the same suspects who gave us shit for buying players like Rodwell and Sinclair. Surely buying Zaha is just a form of bullying that seriously weakens Crystal Palace, a newly promoted side that will need all the decent players they can get their hands on? Or is it just a good bit of business Saggers?

Liverpool are being slowly drowned by the very system that they installed to keep others treading water. Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.