Liverpool Thread 2012/13

gaving673 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Mickeys just announced they have Kolo - a massive upgrade on Carragher.

Hows he been for you this season? Seen he's played 20 games but can't say I've seen much of him this season

Been a lot better than Lescott this season, I'd have happily gave him a new contract.

gaving673 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Hows he been for you this season? Seen he's played 20 games but can't say I've seen much of him this season

put it this way, i'm unhappy we're letting him go, it's probably his wages we want rid of but he's been quality for us this season.

when kompany was injured and kolo played we had a run of clean sheets where kolo was instrumental.

ban-mcfc said:
gaving673 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

put it this way, i'm unhappy we're letting him go, it's probably his wages we want rid of but he's been quality for us this season.

when kompany was injured and kolo played we had a run of clean sheets where kolo was instrumental.

this.

one of the consequences of FFP is that our stated policy of having two world class players for every position is difficult to sustain because you just cant keep the wages within the budget. Having VK, Nasty, Kolo and Jo Le together gave us I think the best overall group of centre backs in the country, and it is a shame that we cannot keep that group together.

hertsblue said:
I do think Pool will be closer to the top 4 next year but its a very hard group to get into. Us/Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs all to overcome to get into the top 4 but with a few more buys I think they have a chance especially if they keep Suarez

I thought that last season but they have a really strange tendency to dominate games but draw 0-0. I've seen them have like 15 shots on target in games and create tons of chances but not score a goal and either draw or lose. But then other games they win 3, 4, 5, 6 - nil.

Really weird because I think on paper they're pretty close to us and Arsenal.

Liverpool are done out of the game gone.

The best their fans can hope for is they don't spend too much on average players and do a Leeds United.

If Suarez stays I can see them scraping a Europa spot if he goes it will be a very shaky season for them.

gaving673 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

If you asked that question 12 months ago I doubt many of us would've been bothered to see him leave but as others have stated, he did very well when called upon this season. When Kompany got injured in the first half of the home derby defeat, many of us feared the worst when Kolo came on for him but he hardly put a foot wrong and that was the pattern in most of his subsequent games.

I can see him doing well at Liverpool - he's comfortable on the ball and that will fit in with the passing game that Rodgers likes his teams to play.

M18CTID said:
gaving673 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

If you asked that question 12 months ago I doubt many of us would've been bothered to see him leave but as others have stated, he did very well when called upon this season. When Kompany got injured in the first half of the home derby defeat, many of us feared the worst when Kolo came on for him but he hardly put a foot wrong and that was the pattern in most of his subsequent games.

I can see him doing well at Liverpool - he's comfortable on the ball and that will fit in with the passing game that Rodgers likes his teams to play.
Actually I'd be wary of his passing. He used to play in midfield, so he should be a good passer but I always feel he is about to lose the ball.

He's 32. So you're getting a top pro but one who is past his best. Still a good squad player<br /><br />-- Wed May 29, 2013 6:52 pm --<br /><br />
Daz_Blue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Apparently their going to sign Iago Aspas.

Reported as a done deal now ....
Not heard of him, but got a good goal record for a player at team threatened with relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.