Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

Crouchinho said:
Train said:
wstm200z.jpg

Liverpools 3rd kit.
Cheers mate. You just reminded me I have a rocket ice lolly to eat in the freezer

-- Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 am --

Skashion said:
Seriously, check out the Liverpool fan who thinks they can get 75k! Deluded beyond belief.
They stopped selling out when Roy was in charge. Can't imagine them getting 70k with a season like last season even either

which part of 55k ST's holder you didn't get , we always have 20k not so regular fans for the matches so you add them up and get 75k , 70k at least as all on waiting list may not pay when called

We averaged more than 45k this season(officially) despite finishing 8th , that is mostly sold out

Looks like a fucked up Everton kit. Its disgusting.

Now the fixtures are out, have any red dippers starting to claim "it will be our year" yet?

Reading RAWK it seems legit, awful piece of kit. Their home and away shirts are nice though!

suarez7 said:
Crouchinho said:
Train said:
wstm200z.jpg

Liverpools 3rd kit.
Cheers mate. You just reminded me I have a rocket ice lolly to eat in the freezer

-- Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 am --

Skashion said:
Seriously, check out the Liverpool fan who thinks they can get 75k! Deluded beyond belief.
They stopped selling out when Roy was in charge. Can't imagine them getting 70k with a season like last season even either

which part of 55k ST's holder you didn't get , we always have 20k not so regular fans for the matches so you add them up and get 75k , 70k at least as all on waiting list may not pay when called

We averaged more than 45k this season(officially) despite finishing 8th , that is mostly sold out

I have previously disagreed with Skashion about the reach of your club as I feel you could fill a 60,000 stadium and he does not. I think your claims about 75,000 are far wider of the mark than his, however. It is a preposterous thing to suggest.

We will be a bigger club than you within a couple of years and filling that sort of capacity would be way beyond our reasonable expectations, even then.

suarez7 said:

So, erm, this waiting list, commitment to buy by being on it is there? You're entering into a contract when you go on the waiting list are you? It's just that United a few years ago claimed 100k on their waiting list. Now, I could ring up tonight as a Manchester City fan whose only games at Old Trafford have been in the away end, and buy a season ticket. If they'd gone by your logic they'd have built a 190k stadium which would now hold 40k for Carling Cup matches and would only hit 50% capacity for the biggest games.

The reasoning I use, is far more concrete, and that is what is your lowest league attendance in the past few years, and I'll tell you, it's lower than ours was under Pearce (when we didn't score once at home between January and August), and we wouldn't have a hope in hell of selling 75k on a regular basis. Your fans, paying what they do, will not accept mediocrity. They will not accept no European football on a regular basis but it's one hell of a fight now even to make Europa League football. Your cup game attendances are hardly anything to shout about either. You're nowhere near selling out for them. The evidence does not suggest you're massively oversubscribed to me. I think, like our other red neighbours, your list will dry up as soon as you ask people to buy them. Still, dare to dream and watch Liverpool get pulled down by the anchor labelled 'new stadium interest payments'. It's a calculation your club has to make carefully because you could end up much worse off if the move doesn't come off.

suarez7 said:

somethiing just doesn't quite add up here. liverpool got a very creditable average crowd of 45,000 in the premier league last season. are you therefore saying that only 25,000 of those were season ticket holders and the other 20,000 'not so regular' fans made up the rest? i'm sure liverpool currently have far more season ticket holders that that. plus 20,000 'not so regular fans' are unlikely to become 20,000 regulars as by their very definition they're not totally committed or can't be arsed going to all or most of the games.

Skashion said:
suarez7 said:

So, erm, this waiting list, commitment to buy by being on it is there? You're entering into a contract when you go on the waiting list are you? It's just that United a few years ago claimed 100k on their waiting list. Now, I could ring up tonight as a Manchester City fan whose only games at Old Trafford have been in the away end, and buy a season ticket. If they'd gone by your logic they'd have built a 190k stadium which would now hold 40k for Carling Cup matches and would only hit 50% capacity for the biggest games.

The reasoning I use, is far more concrete, and that is what is your lowest league attendance in the past few years, and I'll tell you, it's lower than ours was under Pearce (when we didn't score once at home between January and August), and we wouldn't have a hope in hell of selling 75k on a regular basis. Your fans, paying what they do, will not accept mediocrity. They will not accept no European football on a regular basis but it's one hell of a fight now even to make Europa League football. Your cup game attendances are hardly anything to shout about either. You're nowhere near selling out for them. The evidence does not suggest you're massively oversubscribed to me. I think, like our other red neighbours, your list will dry up as soon as you ask people to buy them. Still, dare to dream and watch Liverpool get pulled down by the anchor labelled 'new stadium interest payments'. It's a calculation your club has to make carefully because you could end up much worse off if the move doesn't come off.

See , our club charges to be on waiting list , so if i was not being serious , why the hell will i be on it to pay?

even last year club called everyone on the waiting list , asking whether they will pay instantly if offered a season ticket , more than 20000 said yes , maybe they lied ,but we cant confirm that either , can we?

But Your last part is true indeed , club will be in massive debt if we build a large one and can't fill it , it will be self induced debt but as someone pointed out , it all depends on success on field , anything over 60k will be a risk if we don't reach champions league soon,But i trust FSG to make wise decision , they are businessmen , a new stadium adds to the value of the club upon selling it , so they will build a stadium if the situation demands

if i am being honest and logical , what i want is a new 60k stadium with options to redevelop it to 75k (incase we are more successful on field in future) , redevelopement means a saturation of stadium capacity at 60k , we will have to build a new stadium if we want more capacity , thats all

laserblue said:
suarez7 said:

somethiing just doesn't quite add up here. liverpool got a very creditable average crowd of 45,000 in the premier league last season. are you therefore saying that only 25,000 of those were season ticket holders and the other 20,000 'not so regular' fans made up the rest? i'm sure liverpool currently have far more season ticket holders that that. plus 20,000 'not so regular fans' are unlikely to become 20,000 regulars as by their very definition they're not totally committed or can't be arsed going to all or most of the games.

We have 25-30k ST's holder , i am not saying that 20k will becomes regulars, but there are always 15-20k irregulars at the game including away tickets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.