Liverpool Thread 2012/13

Re: Liverpool Thread 2012

You know, I can see us taking over some of Liverpool's world wide fanbase. They're at the point where if they don't do something soon, they'll lose the generation. Many fans abroad followed Liverpool for their former glories but it is getting to a point where their sons and daughters will also want to follow that glory. Liverpool aren't giving them that.

Just think, the Dippers and Rags successes over the years will now help us to become a global brand, just like them. Building that global awareness is one of the things that Sheikh Mansour found appealing, he just had to tap into it.

The question is though, who's going to lose out the most?

suarez7 said:
citykev28 said:
suarez7 said:
i just dont think everton have money , and i dont think with a average of 32000 supportters for their current stadium , will they sell out a 60000 stadium , can their relatively poorer supprort par the increased price of the match tickets?

i reckon if your lot had as many bleak years as they have, your support would be less. i think everton have a far more loyal fanbase than liverpool.

You dont make any sense , they were never as successful as us , even if it was 20 years back , they were never too glorious to be called bleak now , they were always a 5-10th league position club(except during 1980's)

Everton have more loyal fans? It's easy to assume that you dont have a clue about liverpool's fan base which sells 3rd most kit in the world every year(just an example),even after finishing 7th , 6th , 8th in 3 successive years , sings for the team even when loosing . i will really take your comment as a good humor

when you say "fanbase" and then go on about shirt selling statistics, i don't mean fuckers in ireland, norway or singapore who buy your shirt, but loyal match going fans.

when you say "even after finishing 7th, 6th, 8th" my heart bleeds but it's not really the bleak times of everton is it? they didn't buy a player for 3 years while you were watching torres leather them in.

when you say "sing for the team even when losing", i think back to the thread on RAWK about my article on anfield. lots of liverpool fans agreed that the atmosphere is wank at anfield until injury time when the points are in the bag.

suarez7 said:
shackattack said:
as a scouser living down south i see so many locals wearing your shirts, when i engage in conversation and ask if they go the game,most say no..so the wearing of a shirt proves fuck all. if it did then newcastle would win euro 2012

I know selling shirts dont mean if the fan is loyal or not , but many of our fans can't afford to go to matches , does that makes them any less loyal than those who attend the games?

in a word yes !! in the eyes of your club it will. next time you reach a cup final tell them you don't go games as you can't afford it. see if it gets you a ticket

suarez7 said:
shackattack said:
as a scouser living down south i see so many locals wearing your shirts, when i engage in conversation and ask if they go the game,most say no..so the wearing of a shirt proves fuck all. if it did then newcastle would win euro 2012

I know selling shirts dont mean if the fan is loyal or not , but many of our fans can't afford to go to matches , does that makes them any less loyal than those who attend the games?
Where are you from?

The Future's Blue said:
You know, I can see us taking over some of Liverpool's world wide fanbase. They're at the point where if they don't do something soon, they'll lose the generation. Many fans abroad followed Liverpool for their former glories but it is getting to a point where their sons and daughters will also want to follow that glory. Liverpool aren't giving them that.

Just think, the Dippers and Rags successes over the years will now help us to become a global brand, just like them. Building that global awareness is one of the things that Sheikh Mansour found appealing, he just had to tap into it.

What an appropriate post, given your username.

I'm not entirely sure when it was. It was certainly well after September 1st 2008 and it was definitely well before we bought Yaya and Silva, but I remember realising that our owners were going to take this club to unimaginable heights and make our club as big as Liverpool.

Around this time I expressed this view to various friends who supported Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. They all snorted with derision and came out with the usual crap about not being able to buy success/history [delete as appropriate] but I stood my ground because a light had turned on in my head. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I invited further ridicule down the line, so I must have really meant it.

And now here we are a few years later and I'm going to make another prediction: within a decade we will be viewed as big a club as Real, Barca and united. Money has played an enormous part, but our success to date has been managed in such a professional and expert way it is difficult to imagine any other outcome.

The profile of this football club just keeps growing and growing and Liverpool do not have the resources, the time, or the wherewithal to deal with us overtaking them in the outside lane.

As you say, the future's blue.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The Future's Blue said:

I'm not entirely sure when it was. It was certainly well after September 1st 2008 and it was definitely well before we bought Yaya and Silva, but I remember realising that our owners were going to take this club to unimaginable heights and make our club as big as Liverpool.

Around this time I expressed this view to various friends who supported Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. They all snorted with derision and came out with the usual crap about not being able to buy success/history [delete as appropriate] but I stood my ground because a light had turned on in my head. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but I invited further ridicule down the line, so I must have really meant it.

And now here we are a few years later and I'm going to make another prediction: within a decade we will be viewed as big a club as Real, Barca and united. Money has played an enormous part, but our success to date has been managed in such a professional and expert way it is difficult to imagine any other outcome.

The profile of this football club just keeps growing and growing and Liverpool do not have the resources, the time, or the wherewithal to deal with us overtaking them in the outside lane.

fantastic post. we just know. i try to tell people and when they mock me, i feel sorry for them. a blackburn fan tried it on today.

my moment of clarity came the day after spurs dicked us at eastlands for the champs league. i listened to khaldoon and just thought "we're sorted".

then he fucked it all by denying the barm.

citykev28 said:
The Future's Blue said:

fantastic post. we just know. i try to tell people and when they mock me, i feel sorry for them. a blackburn fan tried it on today.

my moment of clarity came the day after spurs dicked us at eastlands for the champs league. i listened to khaldoon and just thought "we're sorted".

then he fucked it all by denying the barm.
whilst i recognised what wonderful and astute leadership we had

The Future's Blue said:

I had the same thoughts when we were taken over.

Build it, and they will come ;-)

it will take city win most of what they can over next 10 years to be where liverpool is, we had a succesful 2005-2007 period , yes , we'll loose fans , but not that soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.