Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

looks like we are better at shooting as well as defending

Opportunities and goals
Club Attempts off target Attempts on target shots on goal Goals ratio
- Man City 1.League position 222 (50,6%) 217 (49,4%) 439 100 22,8%
- Liverpool 2.League position 211 (45,9%) 249 (54,1%) 460 99 21,5%

I have a hard time believing this - that the population of two neighbouring cities can be so utterly different. It must be down to some editorial guidelines on RAWK right? I have spent a little time browsing some threads there and... well, to me the participants on that board appear to be shell-shocked slightly retarded children having been subjected to some heavy scientology or something. So explain to me, a foreigner, how this can be so. The mancs I meet when I come over are more less like you dear blue brethren, witty, friendly and capable of not being too full of yourselves. Even a few people on rag cafe seem to share those qualities. So if RAWK is equally representative of what I could expect to experience from scousers in general it beggars belief, I mean in a truly anthropological sense. Enlighten me, please.

Awww the justification has begun, whatever helps you sleep at night lads, this is from the dipper who writes Liverpool blogs for ESPNFC

"You can even let Manchester City pretend that their title success amounts to more than winning the Tour de France on a Harley-Davidson, or convince themselves that UEFA will simply grow tired of slapping their wrists.

In the end, none of it matters much. People have lost sleep, and not a little dignity, because Liverpool are back."

Kun Aguero said:
RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown · 12h
(Man City) What a fucking small club, I truly hope we murder them next season. Theyve been way too lucky with dodgy decisions this season

(Aston Villa come close to scoring) It crossed the line!! That goal line technology has been tampered with

(Man City score) I have no doubt maureen (Mourinho) has had a word in Bertrands ear to play that badly, the FA really need to investigate

(Yaya Toure) Could do with him breaking something in training during the next few days.

Such classy fans.

Fuck me, we're not playing them in Belgium are?

proudbear said:
They really do come out of the woodwork when they think they might win something! Seriously cringy and just downright embarrassing. Look at this gem, you can almost see the bitterness pour out from them

ou know what galls me even more Timbo? That to the players, there's no real love or even passion for the club. More likely to kiss their bank statement than the club crest. Oh yeah, that club crest with the 3 fucking made-up stars.

They are indeed Mercenary FC, complete with ridiculous salaries and an artificially rigged chance at silverware every season. Soulless in every sense. They may as well have changed the club's name. Nobody grows up wanting to play for Manchester City, and that's not going to change in my lifetime. As for the fans, well the vast majority have drunk the Kool Aid and jumped aboard.

All of which is why I've delighted in watching them repeatedly fail in the CL, and long may it continue, however many times they buy their way to the title. Then there's the FFP arrogance. Hopefully UEFA prove not as toothless (or corrupt given Platini's beloved PSG) as we all fear, this mooted transfer cap is a positive sign at least.

The only redeeming factor they have is their current manager. Like Ancelotti (and Rafa) at Chelsea, the man has too much class for that club.

He's going to enjoy the next 20 years.

Kids all over the UK are wearing Man City shirts now.

We are becoming the team to support for kids growing up, much like Liverpool and Man Utd were before.

In 20 years time, we'll be the biggest club in England.

DruntBlunt said:
I have a hard time believing this - that the population of two neighbouring cities can be so utterly different. It must be down to some editorial guidelines on RAWK right? I have spent a little time browsing some threads there and... well, to me the participants on that board appear to be shell-shocked slightly retarded children having been subjected to some heavy scientology or something. So explain to me, a foreigner, how this can be so. The mancs I meet when I come over are more less like you dear blue brethren, witty, friendly and capable of not being too full of yourselves. Even a few people on rag cafe seem to share those qualities. So if RAWK is equally representative of what I could expect to experience from scousers in general it beggars belief, I mean in a truly anthropological sense. Enlighten me, please.
Scousers are cunts. But, most of the people on RAWK are not Scousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.