Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

The Liverpool fans brought this on themselves, and so did the players. They've played some great football and played as a team the whole season. Yes they've had 2 cheats playing in most of those games (Suarez and Skrtel) but what a season they've had.

It's poetic justice what has happened to them though. From booing us all game at Anfield (I still don't understand that) then the huddle with Gerrard waiting for the cameraman to deliver his speech. From that moment I had a feeling something would happen. The Gerard slip happened, the colossal capitulation to Crystal Palace happened.

Meanwhile City were doing the business in the background. Beating West Brom, Palace, Everton away, and now Villa.

Do I have any sympathy for them? No, not a single shred. It would've been a fairytale ending, if you take out all the poisonous details. And now on Sunday they can do absolutely nothing to stop us winning the league. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if on Sunday they sent a kopite to contaminate the water at the Etihad)

TangerineSteve17 said:
The Liverpool fans brought this on themselves, and so did the players. They've played some great football and played as a team the whole season. Yes they've had 2 cheats playing in most of those games (Suarez and Skrtel) but what a season they've had.

It's poetic justice what has happened to them though. From booing us all game at Anfield (I still don't understand that) then the huddle with Gerrard waiting for the cameraman to deliver his speech. From that moment I had a feeling something would happen. The Gerard slip happened, the colossal capitulation to Crystal Palace happened.

Meanwhile City were doing the business in the background. Beating West Brom, Palace, Everton away, and now Villa.

Do I have any sympathy for them? No, not a single shred. It would've been a fairytale ending, if you take out all the poisonous details. And now on Sunday they can do absolutely nothing to stop us winning the league. (I actually wouldn't be surprised if on Sunday they sent a kopite to contaminate the water at the Etihad)

Well, we had pasta-gate in 2006 when half the Tottenham team went down with food poisoning which in turn led to them losing to West Ham and Arsenal claiming the last CL spot, so it wouldn't surprise me if they resorted to such desperate tactics to try and de-rail us!

Can someone take a few minutes out of their day and explain to me how : spending money borrowed from a bank and earned by selling shirts to plastics in Asia with no affiliation with the club is, morally more accepted than an owner spending HIS money?

RAWK is top lunch time reading.....

City not sure how to go about the game, caught between 2 stools etc. West Ham go one up from a set piece. City now have to attack, get caught on the break 0-2. City throw everything at the Hammers and naturally pull one back.

Meanwhile at Anfield various roars explode from the Kop as news filters through from the Ethiad. We're 2-0 up and cruising, no chance of a slip up against the Geordies....hearts in mouths as our game ends up a minutes or so before City's.... eventually final whistle blows at City and 1-2 final score!!

Cue utter fuckin delirium at Anfield.

Nothing to out of the ordinary about the above scenario...it can happen!!

FFS

Astuteboy said:

City not sure how to go about the game, caught between 2 stools etc. West Ham go one up from a set piece. City now have to attack, get caught on the break 0-2. City throw everything at the Hammers and naturally pull one back.

Meanwhile at Anfield various roars explode from the Kop as news filters through from the Ethiad. We're 2-0 up and cruising, no chance of a slip up against the Geordies....hearts in mouths as our game ends up a minutes or so before City's.... eventually final whistle blows at City and 1-2 final score!!

FFS

It could happen, we would be thinking the exact same scenarios. The reason why I think it's funny is because they thought they'd already won it. They still have a little hope of west ham beating us but it will make it so much worst for them if we drew after there balls up palace.

DruntBlunt said:
I have a hard time believing this - that the population of two neighbouring cities can be so utterly different. It must be down to some editorial guidelines on RAWK right? I have spent a little time browsing some threads there and... well, to me the participants on that board appear to be shell-shocked slightly retarded children having been subjected to some heavy scientology or something. So explain to me, a foreigner, how this can be so. The mancs I meet when I come over are more less like you dear blue brethren, witty, friendly and capable of not being too full of yourselves. Even a few people on rag cafe seem to share those qualities. So if RAWK is equally representative of what I could expect to experience from scousers in general it beggars belief, I mean in a truly anthropological sense. Enlighten me, please.
Manchester has always been a city of its people, a hotbed of radicalism, invention and aspiration. Liverpool has long been a city built on a dubious and dark past with an inherent sense of self worth and entitlement.

One simple yet enormous difference between the 2 cities is manifest in the fact Manchester has a statue of Abraham Lincoln whilst many old buildings in Liverpool are decorated with emblems of the slave trade. Liverpool got rich on the suffering of others whilst Manchester helped make the world a better place for all.

Many bitter, child-like comments on RAWK/Twitter but on sites such as RAWK if you look at the topic which these comments arise from, you'll see many Liverpool fans challenging these opinions.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we (city) have the highest average age support in the league, and one of the more mature viewpoints usually when commenting on football matters.

Places like Ragcafe/RAWK are packed full of angry teenage boys, late for school as they're up all night on these forums.

This place will be the same in years to come as our fanbase average age lowers.

Should have our age displayed under our usernames as I feel it's relevant to how the comments are expressed.

Why Always Ste said:
Many bitter, child-like comments on RAWK/Twitter but on sites such as RAWK if you look at the topic which these comments arise from, you'll see many Liverpool fans challenging these opinions.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we (city) have the highest average age support in the league, and one of the more mature viewpoints usually when commenting on football matters.

Places like Ragcafe/RAWK are packed full of angry teenage boys, late for school as they're up all night on these forums.

This place will be the same in years to come as our fanbase average age lowers.

Should have our age displayed under our usernames as I feel it's relevant to how the comments are expressed.

Plenty of older people spout complete bollocks, to an extent age should be irrelevant.

Manchester_lalala said:
Astuteboy said:

FFS

It could happen, we would be thinking the exact same scenarios. The reason why I think it's funny is because they thought they'd already won it. They still have a little hope of west ham beating us but it will make it so much worst for them if we drew after there balls up palace.

I love the respect they showed to Palace, "It could be 6 or 7 to nil", end up drawing and now they're doing the same to Newcastle. I hope Newcastle beat them.

Might throw Newcastle into a cheeky accumulator just to bump the price up.

It's amusing how many RAWK, RedCafe, and Bluemoon posters are derisive of the delusion and arrogance of the posters on the other boards. We all have our share of imbeciles, and we all have our thoughtful minority who can see the bigger picture and love our teams win or lose. It keeps it all fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.