Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Quagmire blue said:
Taken from the comments section on a piece about City from the BBC sport website:

"Apparently some City fans were showing how graceless they were and mocking Gerrard's slip. I believe those, and anybody who laughed at Suarez's slip, should be liable for criminal prosecution. This would stop these sick, plastic fans.

And anyway, we only need to win 10-0 at the weekend to get the title. With a normal strikeforce, impossible. With SAS? Near certainty.

#YNWA"

Just wow.

I've had this at work from two well educated, professional colleagues. Apparently singing about Gerrard was...yup..you've guessed it..."classless". Things got a bit fraught when I suggested that killing 39 opposition supporters probably wasn't the classiest thing I've ever seen.

AustinBlue said:
It's amusing how many RAWK, RedCafe, and Bluemoon posters are derisive of the delusion and arrogance of the posters on the other boards. We all have our share of imbeciles, and we all have our thoughtful minority who can see the bigger picture and love our teams win or lose. It keeps it all fun.

I think we can all understand that gobshites on a forum are not necessarily representative of a supporter base as a whole, and every team has posters who can respect the quality history and traditions of others even if they want them to lose.

The problem is the torrent of shit from almost all sections of Liverpool's supporter base has been relentless.

It wasn't a couple of idiots on RAWK who booed us relentlessly for having the temerity to have the ball after the impeccable Hillsborough tribute. It was the whole stadium. If they want to behave like fans of Galatasaray or CSKA Moscow, that's up to them. But that isn't one or two morons, that's their entire match going crowd.

It wasn't one or two idiots on RAWK that cheered when Yaya went down injured. I'm not talking about 30 seconds earlier when he put a shot in Row Z - I have no problem with 'ironic' (pisstaking) cheers, it happens everywhere and we'd have done the same if Stevie G had done the same. What I'm talking about is that when he went down 30 seconds later in the centre circle, not under any challenge and obviously injured, the whole fucking stadium cheered. Classy.

Maybe it was one or two idiots that bricked our coaches on that day. Maybe it was a different one or two idiots looking for fights at Lime Street. Maybe it's a different one or two idiots that started on Chelsea after they lost at home to Maureen, and maybe it is a different one or two idiots that started on palace after they had drawn there. Maybe it is only one or two idiots that vent their spleen on RAWK, or came on here to take the piss for no other reason than that they could.

But wow, all those one or two idiots are starting to add up.

Quagmire blue said:
Taken from the comments section on a piece about City from the BBC sport website:

"Apparently some City fans were showing how graceless they were and mocking Gerrard's slip. I believe those, and anybody who laughed at Suarez's slip, should be liable for criminal prosecution. This would stop these sick, plastic fans.

And anyway, we only need to win 10-0 at the weekend to get the title. With a normal strikeforce, impossible. With SAS? Near certainty.

#YNWA"

Just wow.

Lol. The Dippers are a whole new ball game when it comes to fans and their attitudes.

Light candles and get over it.

Wreckless Alec said:
Things got a bit fraught when I suggested that killing 39 opposition supporters probably wasn't the classiest thing I've ever seen.

When 'istory' matters that little hiccup gets overlooked by the praying weeping masses of the Klanfield cult.

I don't want to get into any wild predictions about the weekend , as the point I'm going to make remains the same whatever the outcome on Sunday.

There seem to be a number of points being raised by Liverpool fans to point to our unworthiness as Champions. From our lacklustre crowd and poor attendances to lack of players who genuinely care about the club. They are all assertions which could easily be challenged as wrong and undermined as inconsistent, but I'll leave that to others.

What I will take issue with, are the claims that we're a "plastic club" infested with newbie supporters. Whilst this may be true, to an extent, in the wider world, it certainly isn't the case, at least based on what I observe, at most games, certainly in the league. Doubtless this will be subject to some change as the club evolves over the coming years, but at its heart the club will still be followed by a group of supporters who share a common bond, which no Liverpool fan can hope to fully appreciate.

There is a rump of supporters, above the age of 40, who have actively followed the club for the last 30 odd years as it stumbled from one disaster to another. There are also younger fans who had to endure much of those difficulties, but their time of birth may have spared them to some extent. These are supporters who witnessed a once leading club, inflict wounds and mediocrity upon itself while they stood by, helpless. A group of fans who looked towards the top of English football, when City were no longer a part of it, with a mixture of regret and anguish, while their local neighbours swept all before them at a time when English football was gripped in a cycle of growth. All this against the backdrop of the teams at the top taking ever increasing measures to protect and calcify their positions, to exclude fallen giants like ourselves. And yet in spite of that these supporters carried on following the club in great numbers, wondering, in fact, if we'd even see a cup final again in our lifetimes. We managed to claw our way back to the top division and stay there, but the reality was that there was a glass ceiling in place through which we could not hope to break.

And then everything changed. By a combination of happenstance, circumstance and good fortune someone decided we were worth a punt and the outcome of that punt is there for all to see at the top of the Premier League with only a game to go.

So say all you will about the crowds and their lack of noise. It's all fair game, but know this:

Sitting there, in our stadium, with other people who I've shared this incredible journey with for the last 30 years, seeing the plans in and around the ground for greatness, watching some of the best players on the planet play for my club, planning Eurpoean aways which a decade ago were in the realms of fantasy, it does, at times feel a little unreal.

But to me, to us who've lived through that narrative, there's nothing about it that feels plastic in any way whatsoever. To have followed Manchester City for the last three decades and to end up where we currently reside feels anything but hollow.

It feels, in fact, absolutely fucking amazing.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I don't want to get into any wild predictions about the weekend , as the point I'm going to make remains the same whatever the outcome on Sunday.

There seem to be a number of points being raised by Liverpool fans to point to our unworthiness as Champions. From our lacklustre crowd and poor attendances to lack of players who genuinely care about the club. They are all assertions which could easily be challenged as wrong and undermined as inconsistent, but I'll leave that to others.

What I will take issue with, are the claims that we're a "plastic club" infested with newbie supporters. Whilst this may be true, to an extent, in the wider world, it certainly isn't the case, at least based on what I observe, at most games, certainly in the league. Doubtless this will be subject to some change as the club evolves over the coming years, but at its heart the club will still be followed by a group of supporters who share a common bond, which no Liverpool fan can hope to fully appreciate.

There is a rump of supporters, above the age of 40, who have actively followed the club for the last 30 odd years as it stumbled from one disaster to another. There are also younger fans who had to endure much of those difficulties, but their time of birth may have spared them to some extent. These are supporters who witnessed a once leading club, inflict wounds and mediocrity upon itself while they stood by, helpless. A group of fans who looked towards the top of English football, when City were no longer a part of it, with a mixture of regret and anguish, while their local neighbours swept all before them at a time when English football was gripped in a cycle of growth. all this against the backdrop of the teams at the top taking ever increasing measures to protect and calcify their positions, to exclude fallen giants like ourselves. And yet in spite of that these supporters carried on following the club in great numbers, wondering, in fact, if we'd even see a cup final again in our lifetimes. We managed to claw our way back to the top division and stay there, but the reality was that there was a glass ceiling in place through which we could not hope to break.

And then everything changed. By a combination of happenstance, circumstance and good fortune someone decided we were worth a punt and the outcome of that punt is there for all to see at the top of the Premier League with only a game to go.

So say all you will about the crowds and their lack of noise. It's all fair game, but know this:

Sitting there, in our stadium, with other people who I've shared this incredible journey with for the last 30 years, seeing the plans in and around the ground for greatness, watching some of the best players on the planet play for my club, planning Eurpoean aways which a decade ago were in the realms of fantasy, it does, at times feel a little unreal.

But to me, to us who've lived through that narrative, there's nothing about it that feels plastic in any way whatsoever. To have followed Manchester City for the last three decades and to end up where we currently reside feels anything but hollow.

Fucking hell GDM Another fantastic post. You are by fat the best poster on this forum (and champion sink pisser).
Hope you are well pal

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

There is a rump of supporters, above the age of 40, who have actively followed the club for the last 30 odd years as it stumbled from one disaster to another. There are also younger fans who had to endure much of those difficulties, but their time of birth may have spared them to some extent. These are supporters who witnessed a once leading club, inflict wounds and mediocrity upon itself while they stood by, helpless. A group of fans who looked towards the top of English football, when City were no longer a part of it, with a mixture of regret and anguish, while their local neighbours swept all before them at a time when English football was gripped in a cycle of growth. all this against the backdrop of the teams at the top taking ever increasing measures to protect and calcify their positions, to exclude fallen giants like ourselves. And yet in spite of that these supporters carried on following the club in great numbers, wondering, in fact, if we'd even see a cup final again in our lifetimes. We managed to claw our way back to the top division and stay there, but the reality was that there was a glass ceiling in place through which we could not hope to break.

Fucking hell GDM. Another fantastic post. You are by fat the best poster on this forum (and champion sink pisser).
Hope you are well pal

He's not fat, just big boned.

There is a rump of supporters, above the age of 40, who have actively followed the club for the last 30 odd years as it stumbled from one disaster to another. There are also younger fans who had to endure much of those difficulties, but their time of birth may have spared them to some extent. These are supporters who witnessed a once leading club, inflict wounds and mediocrity upon itself while they stood by, helpless. A group of fans who looked towards the top of English football, when City were no longer a part of it, with a mixture of regret and anguish, while their local neighbours swept all before them at a time when English football was gripped in a cycle of growth. All this against the backdrop of the teams at the top taking ever increasing measures to protect and calcify their positions, to exclude fallen giants like ourselves. And yet in spite of that these supporters carried on following the club in great numbers, wondering, in fact, if we'd even see a cup final again in our lifetimes. We managed to claw our way back to the top division and stay there, but the reality was that there was a glass ceiling in place through which we could not hope to break.

Agreed..considering we are supposed to be plastics I still see the same faces every game that I did years ago and never fail to bump into a few lads I know every game

I'd go as far as to say that everyone knows each other in my part of the ground or at least knows each other's face..we certainly know when someone new sits around us

BWTAC said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Fucking hell GDM. Another fantastic post. You are by fat the best poster on this forum (and champion sink pisser).
Hope you are well pal

He's not fat, just big boned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.