Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
gooner2 said:
Some very bad news for liverpool also tonight. Guardian reporting that one of their top strikers daniel is out for six weeks with ankle injury . conisdering they only have two top strikers that major blow to their champions league hopes. suarez goal ratio last season far lower without striker next to him . See them dropping many points now

Suarez carried the team prior to Sturridge arriving - nonesense talk.

There's no doubt that our games up to the new year are heavy on away fixtures at top 6 teams. Rodgers will have to rely on the backups brought in over the Summer, good opportunity for them to try build their reputations with the manager. Good test away at Hull - there's rumours that Henderson & Coutinho could also be injured, hopefully bollocks but - in a way, I want to see some squad rotation and Rodgers rarely changes a winning team...

Scouse_Jimi said:
gooner2 said:
Some very bad news for liverpool also tonight. Guardian reporting that one of their top strikers daniel is out for six weeks with ankle injury . conisdering they only have two top strikers that major blow to their champions league hopes. suarez goal ratio last season far lower without striker next to him . See them dropping many points now

There's no doubt that our games up to the new year are heavy on away fixtures at top 6 teams. Rodgers will have to rely on the backups brought in over the Summer, good opportunity for them to try build their reputations with the manager. Good test away at Hull - there's rumours that Henderson & Coutinho could also be injured, hopefully bollocks but - in a way, I want to see some squad rotation and Rodgers rarely changes a winning team...

Liverpool do have some tough away fixtures looming but they won't lose all of them, by any stretch of the imagination. They'll still be near the top, come New Year's Day.
They won't win it but they might set themselves up for a fair shot at a Chump's Lg spot. Which is as much as could be asked of Rodgers.
Maybe I was wrong about him, at the start of the season, when I wrote him off as a bullshitter.
God, I hope not. I've never been wrong before, y'know.

mad4city said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
gooner2 said:

Liverpool do have some tough away fixtures looming but they won't lose all of them, by any stretch of the imagination. They'll still be near the top, come New Year's Day.
They won't win it but they might set themselves up for a fair shot at a Chump's Lg spot. Which is as much as could be asked of Rodgers.
Maybe I was wrong about him, at the start of the season, when I wrote him off as a bullshitter.

Can't see who we could manage to finish above apart from Spurs though to get fourth. You just know United are gonna go on a run of jammy wins eventually

There is nothing more certain than an injured player being out for a period of time but making a miraculous recovery just in time to face Man City and play out of his skin...Bookmark this post for the Boxing day match.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
There is nothing more certain than an injured player being out for a period of time but making a miraculous recovery just in time to face Man City and play out of his skin...Bookmark this post for the Boxing day match.

True.
We've seen more recoveries than f**king Lourdes.

mad4city said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
gooner2 said:

He's still a bullshitter, even if they win the league. And an increasingly plastic looking bullshitter at that.

mad4city said:

Rodgers problem is his internal monologue is not internal, seems to think aloud which comes across as bullshit. He's an outstanding coach though, the manager bit will follow with experience

There next 2 games will be key for them. After that defeat against Hull its a must win 2 games as there next 3 away games Spurs , City and Chelsea. Saying that Norwich and West Ham next are fighting for there lives so these 2 games are not easy 3 points. A lot now lies on Saurezs back. Now Struddige is out injured Saurez needs to be on form. I think coming up to the January window could be more talk behind the scenes about Saurez wanting out of the club again or will be more bids to test Liverpool. Time will tell. If Arsenal were to go in for him again would he demand a move there now they are top of the league or not also the chance to play Champions league football again. Interesting few weeks ahead on and off the pitch for Liverpool I think.

It will be interesting to see what happens there if they're off the pace and slipping down the table come January. The sharks will be circling if they smell blood and Suarez will be a nice juicy target.

RAWK will be something to behold if he goes and it dawns on them that mid-table mediocrity beckons for the foreseeable future.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It will be interesting to see what happens there if they're off the pace and slipping down the table come January. The sharks will be circling if they smell blood and Suarez will be a nice juicy target.

RAWK will be something to behold if he goes and it dawns on them that mid-table mediocrity beckons for the foreseeable future.

They won't make top four and suarez will surely be off. They'll get decent money for him to buy a couple of players but they'll have to get it right. They might end up in a spurs situation where they've got a load of good players but no great ones to set them apart. Coutinho and Sturridge were good signings, but if they lose Suarez it will more than likely be a transition period and another couple of seasons out of the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.