Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AntiUnited said:
moomba said:
Henderson is average at best. Shouldnt be close to the England squad, although the fact people like Cleverley are his competition works in his favour.

If/when Liverpool get someone good to play in his position they'll have a very good starting XI.

Lol have you seen him play? he was MOTM against fullham imo. and has a never say die attitude hes pretty much a james milner arc player with huge potential upside.

He runs a lot. Good for him. I didnt see the Fulham game but I believe he played well in it.

moomba said:
AntiUnited said:
moomba said:
Henderson is average at best. Shouldnt be close to the England squad, although the fact people like Cleverley are his competition works in his favour.

If/when Liverpool get someone good to play in his position they'll have a very good starting XI.

Lol have you seen him play? he was MOTM against fullham imo. and has a never say die attitude hes pretty much a james milner arc player with huge potential upside.

He runs a lot. Good for him. I didnt see the Fulham game but I believe he played well in it.

Exactly, against poor opposition all that running leads him to playing some nice football, against anything in the top 6 he fades away - popular thing for LFC fans to say is that "you don't understand the amount of work he puts in for the team" well...actually, the majority of us do and whilst I don't mind paying £45 to watch an athlete run round, I appreciate it much more when he does something more useful, ya know...like a midfielder should be doing, playing those killer through balls, having a good shot.

Hendersons problem is in his self confidence, if he sorts that out - he'll be magic for us one day, if he can't do that...then he's forever going to be average, as he is now.

Apparently leading figures at LFC Academy have been fired for reasons not relating to performance.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1r3gvw/the_anfield_wrap_theanfieldwrap_22s_apparently/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/com ... pparently/</a>

Fired instead of claiming compensation and their rumored destination is NYCFC. Can sense some controversy with LFC and MCFC/NYCFC executives over this in the coming days.

That is if its true...

Scouse_Jimi said:
moomba said:
AntiUnited said:

Exactly, against poor opposition all that running leads him to playing some nice football, against anything in the top 6 he fades away - popular thing for LFC fans to say is that "you don't understand the amount of work he puts in for the team" well...actually, the majority of us do and whilst I don't mind paying £45 to watch an athlete run round, I appreciate it much more when he does something more useful, ya know...like a midfielder should be doing, playing those killer through balls, having a good shot.

Hendersons problem is in his self confidence, if he sorts that out - he'll be magic for us one day, if he can't do that...then he's forever going to be average, as he is now.

......He was closing down and winning the ball back. if im not mistaken he tracked back hunted the ball won possession versus Germany, and gave a killer pass to sturridge which he fucked up in the end.. your selling him to short but i do agree hes a confidence player.

Earlier post confirmed to be true as far as the departure goes and they have been officially fired. Most Liverpool fans I've seen reacting seem to think they were performing their roles well. Waiting to see whether it has anything to do with NYCFC and if they may initially have roles closer to home. Or even permanent roles at the Etihad.

Vinjay said:
Earlier post confirmed to be true as far as the departure goes and they have been officially fired. Most Liverpool fans I've seen reacting seem to think they were performing their roles well. Waiting to see whether it has anything to do with NYCFC and if they may initially have roles closer to home. Or even permanent roles at the Etihad.
If they were linked with us then you'd expect them to be put on gardening leave rather than fired, unless they'd been doing something naughty like passing details of players to City.

But that makes me think about the case of our player database being hacked a while back around the time some of our scouts went to Liverpool. I wonder...

If hacking involved then it also becomes a criminal matter though I suspect its probably nothing that serious. Think we would know by now if it was. Borrell knew Soriano and TB at Barcelona so presumably that's why people have made the connection. Unless the people on that Reddit thread (rumour was first posted on twitter in early hours) who have claimed to hear of MCFC/NYCFC link are 100% correct.

People normally wait for compensation too perhaps even with Academy coaches. Maybe Liverpool believe they have been tapped up or talking to someone without their permission. Barcelona accused City of that in the past (as if they never try and unsettle players) though some considered that to be a petty grudge against Soriano and TB. That email stuff Soriano was accused of ultimately came to nothing after all.

Prestwich_Blue said:
But that makes me think about the case of our player database being hacked a while back around the time some of our scouts went to Liverpool. I wonder...

I was wondering this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.