Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
I strongly suspect any release clause for no CL football won't start until the end of 2014/15 season. His salary remains the same until that season so I imagine that's when clauses will kick in.

Hoping we've got a clause in there about ill advised media outbursts

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/31/sergio-aguero-atletico-madrid-tottenham

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/28/sergio-aguero-manchester-city
aww,he looks so babyfaced in that first photo, I love how he turned spurs down to come to us too, I'm going to go and find the first thread to talk about mercenaries on glory glory and post that link.

I hope the liverpool fans are suitably outraged at the reported 220k wages he'll be picking up, though i suspect it will be ok for them to do it.

Imagine my amazement when i switch on the tv and hear this news along with the obligatory remarks telling the whole world for the 1,000 time that week that the "Liverpool fans" are amazing and played a huge part pmsl.

Like fucking North Korea that place and akin to the fucking rags for the sheer spin they inpart on everything coming out.

newsflash, he has signed to protect the club in respects of a future transfer fee and he gets a shit load more wonga!

Fuck all to do with the "amazing Liverpool fans".

blueinsa said:
Imagine my amazement when i switch on the tv and hear this news along with the obligatory remarks telling the whole world for the 1,000 time that week that the "Liverpool fans" are amazing and played a huge part pmsl.

Like fucking North Korea that place and akin to the fucking rags for the sheer spin they inpart on everything coming out.

newsflash, he has signed to protect the club in respects of a future transfer fee and he gets a shit load more wonga!

If the Mickeys don't qualify for the CL (and, to be fair, they're looking good at the moment) and someone like Real or Barca (or us?) express an interest, he'll disappear like a fart in the wind (with due thanks to Shawshank!).

jimharri said:
blueinsa said:

If the Mickeys don't qualify for the CL (and, to be fair, they're looking good at the moment) and someone like Real or Barca (or us?) express an interest, he'll disappear like a fart in the wind (with due thanks to Shawshank!).

Of course. The whole point is that they'll have to pay up though--no stunts like what Wenger tried to do, or underhanded tactics like Madrid always do, we all know the deal. This is a classic win-win.

Last season, it was him possibly going to Arsenal, not him wanting to leave that got Henry and many of us so animated. You wouldn't like it if Aguero seemed like he was going to join Chelsea, would you?

What exactly was a stunt about what Wenger did?

He bid a price he thought would get a player. His bid was rejected and the world moved on.

Or are you not allowed to try and buy Liverpool players?

moomba said:

He bid a price he thought would get a player. His bid was rejected and the world moved on.

Ah, finally a sensible post on the subject.

Arsenal bid what they wrongly thought would trigger a release clause. As it happened, they didn't. That was pretty it from the Arsenal side. They didn't make the bid public, they didn't court the player in a public manner, and as far as we are all aware that was as far a it went.

It was Liverpool's owner that slated Arsenal in public, it was Rodgers who was constantly commenting on Suarez and the bid, and it was Suarez camp that came out with the public statements of being misled and being held against his will.

So what was the stunt again?

GunnerGer said:
moomba said:

Ah, finally a sensible post on the subject.

Arsenal bid what they wrongly thought would trigger a release clause. As it happened, they didn't. That was pretty it from the Arsenal side. They didn't make the bid public, they didn't court the player in a public manner, and as far as we are all aware that was as far a it went.

It was Liverpool's owner that slated Arsenal in public, it was Rodgers who was constantly commenting on Suarez and the bid, and it was Suarez camp that came out with the public statements of being misled and being held against his will.

So what was the stunt again?
and how he felt about the bid and how the fans felt about the bid and how the kip, the tea lady and the cat felt about the bid.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm --<br /><br />kip above should read kop, the autospell on my phone has more to it then I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.