Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool have become AIDS this year. Fuck me they're annoying.

It's not Liverpool Football Club. It's just Liverpool.
It's not 'Brendan's philosophy', it's tactics.

They remind me of a religious cult down Anfield. Seriously. They worship players. Quite literally.

Those fucking banners, those hymns, poems, former players on every fucking channel bigging up bang average players. Seriously. BANG average players are compared to the League's best purely because they play for Liverpool. Fuck, they even get the England squad. There's that many ex Liverpool players in the media telling us how good Glen fucking Johnson and Martin fucking Skrtel are that the conformist majority of football fans start believing it! Come on! Waxing lyrical over a buck toothed racist who wanted to leave the club 5 months ago? Everything. Just everything about that club grinds on me.

Without saying too much, I'm of a certain age whereby I just don't get Liverpool. I don't get 'it'.

Successful clubs have bigger fan bases and a glorious history. But these lot. What the fuck happened to make them so unbearable, and why do we have to conform to this aura of utter bullshit that follows the club?

n_mcfc said:

They remind me of a religious cult down Anfield. Seriously. They worship players. Quite literally.

Those fucking banners, those hymns, poems, former players on every fucking channel bigging up bang average players. Seriously. BANG average players are compared to the League's best purely because they play for Liverpool. Fuck, they even get the England squad. There's that many ex Liverpool players in the media telling us how good Glen fucking Johnson and Martin fucking Skrtel are that the conformist majority of football fans start believing it! Come on! Waxing lyrical over a buck toothed racist who wanted to leave the club 5 months ago? Everything. Just everything about that club grinds on me.

Without saying too much, I'm of a certain age whereby I just don't get Liverpool. I don't get 'it'.

Successful clubs have bigger fan bases and a glorious history. But these lot. What the fuck happened to make them so unbearable, and why do we have to conform to this aura of utter bullshit that follows the club?

LFC fan here, I look in this forum quite frequently as believe it or not I would rather see your team do well rather then any of the other recent usual suspects and the absolute twat.

I also think the above poster need's to get a grip, look I agree many ex Liverpool players do have positions in the media, but this is because of the size of the club, the fan base and as much as you may not realise a pretty impressive trophy collection. Now I or anyone I know do not think all of our players are world beaters, which they are clearly not. Can you find me an LFC fan who is saying Glen Johnson is playing well?

It would be good if you remember where you came from like many other of your fans... If your team goes on to be as successful in the future their may be many EX Man City pundits in the media, and trust me, it is not always a good thing.

Listening to the commentary on MOTD you would think Suarez had scored goal of the season with his second. No doubt he is an excellent player and it was a good finish but it was no better than Fernandinho's against Arsenal. How does our victory get reported, a lucky win. Liverpool win against Cardiff and they are world beaters. I hope they make it into the top 4, at the expense of Utd, but I'm getting bored with the Liverpool love in that's going on. That said, maybe we just keep going on quietly and nobody will notice what a truly wonderful squad we have. Really looking forward to Thursday, should be a goal fest.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
I hope they make it into the top 4, at the expense of Utd, but I'm getting bored with the Liverpool love in that's going on. That said, maybe we just keep going on quietly and nobody will notice what a truly wonderful squad we have. Really looking forward to Thursday, should be a goal fest.

Yeah I kind of agree with you, I think part of that is that no one really thought we would be doing this well tbh. As for the game I'm just hoping we can keep the scoreline respectable with the way you've played at home and Johnson and Skrtel defending like crap haha

lfcpaul said:
n_mcfc said:

LFC fan here, I look in this forum quite frequently as believe it or not I would rather see your team do well rather then any of the other recent usual suspects and the absolute twat.

I also think the above poster need's to get a grip, look I agree many ex Liverpool players do have positions in the media, but this is because of the size of the club, the fan base and as much as you may not realise a pretty impressive trophy collection. Now I or anyone I know do not think all of our players are world beaters, which they are clearly not. Can you find me an LFC fan who is saying Glen Johnson is playing well?

It would be good if you remember where you came from like many other of your fans... If your team goes on to be as successful in the future their may be many EX Man City pundits in the media, and trust me, it is not always a good thing.
Seemed a little OTT to me then again I went into a tirade against arsenal only a couple days ago, I'd say just remember this is a very popular forum and one (or a few) of us, at some stage will have very negative views of a subject and share it.

All that grates me Liverpool wise is as you've pointed out because of success you have many pundits, who like most ain't very good barring one or two so to an extent their is always a lot more attention on Liverpool than compared to other clubs (no doubt if I was a pundit I'd wanna talk city all the time so its understandable).

All the whole I actually think apart from Suarez and those fans who backed him during his worstmoments (no doubt had been here we'd ofhad the same) yyouve got a good bunch of fans. Certaintly better than Arsenals or uniteds.

Then again I only started following football about five/six years ago. Maybe you were horrible back then eh?

No chance will Liverpool sell Suarez imo, not at any price. He is the thread that is keeping them clinging on to their glorious past and is the difference between being a top team and mid table football for eternity with the FFP regulations.

If Real , Barca or Bayern came a calling to name but three Suarez would be off like a shot.

Liverpool couldn't hang on to him no matter what but his contract would shore up a better deal for Liverpool and the player that is all.

If Liverpool got 4th place, That means either Rags,Chelsea or Arsenal wont qualify.So it leaves a place in pot 1.
Which pot would Liverpool go into

tonyblue said:
If Liverpool got 4th place, That means either Rags,Chelsea or Arsenal wont qualify.So it leaves a place in pot 1.
Which pot would Liverpool go into

Currently in 30th and won't be adding much this season.

Probably pot 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.