Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonyblue said:
If Liverpool got 4th place, That means either Rags,Chelsea or Arsenal wont qualify.So it leaves a place in pot 1.
Which pot would Liverpool go into
3 or 4 I think. They'll be on a par with teams like Ajax, Napoli & Sporting Lisbon next season. They were ahead of us but will lose a load of points they got from the 2008/9 season in next season's rankings. It's almost inconceivable they won't be playing European football of some sort next season. If by some chance they miss out or have a season in the CL like we had last season then they're into Pot 4 territory for certain.

Prestwich_Blue said:
tonyblue said:
If Liverpool got 4th place, That means either Rags,Chelsea or Arsenal wont qualify.So it leaves a place in pot 1.
Which pot would Liverpool go into
3 or 4 I think. They'll be on a par with teams like Ajax, Napoli & Sporting Lisbon next season. They were ahead of us but will lose a load of points they got from the 2008/9 season in next season's rankings. It's almost inconceivable they won't be playing European football of some sort next season. If by some chance they miss out or have a season in the CL like we had last season then they're into Pot 4 territory for certain.
At least for once there's a lower pot bogey side that we won't draw!

I think it's funny that you Man city fans think your guaranteed victory over Liverpool, I mean I'm pretty sure u never beat Liverpool at all last season, 2 draws in the league and we knocked u out of the carling cup I think. Now this season you have lost more games than us, buy 1 and conceded more goals than us buy 1, ur defence is no better than ours. Suarez in this form can tear any team apart we are the leagues second highest scorers 42 goals

mancity1 said:
If Real , Barca or Bayern came a calling to name but three Suarez would be off like a shot.

Liverpool couldn't hang on to him no matter what but his contract would shore up a better deal for Liverpool and the player that is all.

Liverpool dont sell their best players like Arsenal unless they have no choice.. If they dont get top 4 he leaves if they make top 4 he stays simple as that.

ArtLife1989 said:
I think it's funny that you Man city fans think your guaranteed victory over Liverpool, I mean I'm pretty sure u never beat Liverpool at all last season, 2 draws in the league and we knocked u out of the carling cup I think. Now this season you have lost more games than us, buy 1 and conceded more goals than us buy 1, ur defence is no better than ours. Suarez in this form can tear any team apart we are the leagues second highest scorers 42 goals

We can't buy anyone until January.

ArtLife1989 said:
I've run this through Google Translate and it's telling me it's English. I find that a bit difficult to believe but your IP address confirms it. We have Spaniards, Germans & Bosnians who can write your language better than you. And now I've taken the piss...

No one thinks we're guaranteed anything and in fact a lot of us think this is going to be our hardest home game by far. You've got a world class player in stupendous form who's scoring for fun but we have nearly every player bar Clichy scoring goals. If we can keep Suarez quiet or he has an off-day, you'll struggle but you've got to keep some or all of Silva, Toure, Navas, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko, Fernandinho & Milner quiet plus keep an eye on Kompany & Demichelis at set pieces. That's why we are the top scorers in the league.

And the Carling Cup was two seasons ago and that was only courtesy of a dodgy penalty that Dowd admitted afterwards he shouldn't have given.

ArtLife1989 said:

zzz We should beat pool by squad depth alone. That being said liverpool has been playing some solid football. all im going to say it has all the makings of a classic.

ArtLife1989 said:

You're the only one who has said City are guaranteed a win v Liverpool. Congratulations on being the league's second highest scorers in December. There's no greater achievement in world football than that!
As for the rest of it, if (yes, I said if) City win their next game then, Liverpool will have conceded more goals and lost just as many games.
By, by the way; not buy.
Okay?
Bye.

ArtLife1989 said:
2nd highest? who's first?

ArtLife1989 said:

Find me one post which says were "guaranteed victory over Liverpool", Aston Villa knocked us out of the Capital One Cup, it's not been called the Carling cup in years.

P.S
11. Please avoid using "txt spk" as it has a habit of pissing people off.

Anyway welcome to the forum, not that I think you will be on here long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.