Liverpool Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
hah no not Dublin, that's where most of the rags and dippers come from, you haven't heard anything yet, I get asked why I support an English club by fuckers wearing rags and dippers (and Celtic?) jerseys who've never been to an Irish or English league game in their lives, when I happen to be a proud owner of a Drogheda utd season ticket and go to every city match I can??!! deluded fuckwits the lot of them.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
-- Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 pm --

mad4city said:
I know there are some really decent Red Scouse posters on here but I couldn't resist telling this story:

The wife has been getting texts, from a Liverpool supporting workmate (at home in Ireland), ever since "the Great Miscarriage of Justice, Boxing Day 2013".
To try and shut him up, she asked if Lee Mason was not still from Bolton when he gave us 5 yellows & 1 red v Wolves or when he gave the pen against Micah.
The reply came back...

Wait for it....

"Actually, he's not from Bolton, he's from Greater Manchester."
The wife just replied "oh!" and left him to it.

So, the moral of the story is: there is (generally speaking) absolutely no difference between a glory hunting, plastic, Irish rag and a deifying, plastic, Irish red scouser. They are the Jedward of football supporters. Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. They are all f**kwits and we have to put up with them, every f**king day.
Soon, they'll be latching on to City. When that day comes, please do not lump us all in the same bracket.

PS: yes, she knows the red for Vinny v Wolves was a fair call. She also knew that he wouldn't know that.

EDIT: Just realised it was Phil Dowd in the semi. Ah well, I take it all back. :|

May I also point out she's managed to combine two seperate games against Wolves, Attwell was the one who sent Vinnie off, so considering she's trying to argue her point by making stuff up and revisionist history, are you sure she's not secretly a dipper or a rag?[/quote]

No, you may not.
Your theory would seem to depend upon my wife being wrong. I can assure, from 20 yrs of experience, that my wife may seldom be right but she is NEVER wrong.
:-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
AlthamBlue said:
LIfted from RAWK. not sure if already posted:

City Fan:

You (along with Everton, United, Arsenal & Spurs) cheated and blackmailed the smaller clubs out of ticket revenue that used to be shared and TV money that was more equitably distributed by threats to set up a breakaway league unless you got a bigger share of the pot. And when that worked you did the same to UEFA. And by doing that and deluding yourself you'd somehow earned your money organically, you ensured that the only way others could compete was by external investment.

And if Dubai had bought you instead of those two conman, you'd have continued to delude yourselves that you deserved it because you won things a few years ago.

And by creating the monster that is the PL and the global brands that the top clubs became, you made it attractive for people like Sheikh Mansour and Roman Abramovich, as well as chancers like Hicks & Gillett and owners looking to create a sporting brand.

We may not have won as much as you but we've got just as much history, having won our first FA Cup 60 years before you did. Whatever you think you are, you're a company, probably based in a tax haven, who can be bought and sold.

Scouser:

I like Man City and I think you seem like a decent fella but if you're going to say City's history and Liverpool's history are even remotely comparable, you're off your box. Simply existing doesn't equal history.
The final sentence completely fails to appreciate what it really means to be a football supporter and is a sentiment that I hope no City fan ever conveys, as we really will have sold our souls if that day ever comes. That way of thinking says that 'I'm a better football supporter than you because my club has won more trophies'. What a disgraceful way to think and what an appalling bunch many of their internet fans really are. All clubs have history and a story to tell. If history becomes just about winning trophies then the game really is fucked.

Spot on mate but then you have to remember RAWK is the football fan forum equivalent of North Korea.

Liverpool and yoonited have a huge amount of 'fans' that only attached themselves to those clubs because they won things and they are struggling to work out how we could possibly have stood by our club despite winning fuck all for so long, it's unfathomable to them. It's made them bitter and jealous, I mean, City ffs, what the fuck have they ever done to deserve this eh la?

I would also guess those that shout loudest on those forums hardly ever go to games so they sit in their little coccoons snuggling up in their Liverpool duvets, pulling their Liverpool curtains and reading Shankly books by their Liverpool bedside lamps, convincing themselves they really do belong as part of the great Liverpool istree.

Fuck them and their sense of entitlement.

aguero93:20 said:
hah no not Dublin, that's where most of the rags and dippers come from, you haven't heard anything yet, I get asked why I support an English club by fuckers wearing rags and dippers (and Celtic?) jerseys who've never been to an Irish or English league game in their lives, when I happen to be a proud owner of a Drogheda utd season ticket and go to every city match I can??!! deluded fuckwits the lot of them.

Yeah, I get that here in Limerick, too.
At a family party, I asked a "Celtic fan who could only support an Irish team" if he'd ever been to Glasgow. He said, "no, I'm waiting to get a ticket for an Auld Firm game. Then I'll go."
Tried to keep the peace and so, changed the subject. I asked him if he was looking forward to Limerick's return to the Markets Field. He asked me "why, would I watch them?"
I made my excuses and went to talk with a doting aunt. She made more sense.

mad4city said:
aguero93:20 said:

Yeah, I get that here in Limerick, too.
At a family party, I asked a "Celtic fan who could only support an Irish team" if he'd ever been to Glasgow. He said, "no, I'm waiting to get a ticket for an Auld Firm game. Then I'll go."
Tried to keep the peace and so, changed the subject. I asked him if he was looking forward to Limerick's return to the Markets Field. He asked me "why, would I watch them?"
I made my excuses and went to talk with a doting aunt. She made more sense.
convenient how they support Celtic, a successful Scottish team, over hibs who were actually founded as a club for the Irish in Scotland and have been shit, isn't it? same goes for people supporting Liverpool (protestant and successful) over Everton (catholic and less successful) while supporting Celtic over rangers for religious reasons too. ycmiu.

bluemanc said:
Whatever the result, look at our fixtures. We could conceivably win every game from the first of January till the end of the season & no i'm not deluded
EEEEEEEEEEEEK
they've given up on tomorrow's game? that's not like the dippers...

Kun Aguero said:
Reported to be signing Mohammed Salah in January.

Not too sure about him, could be a hit or miss scenario. Although I guess Coutinho was as well, and he has been brilliant.

I'd rather we get our midfield sorted out though.

Need these to get beat tomo. They only have to play united and saints away from current top 9. Our biggest threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.