Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm With Stupid said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
thumping Dortmund at the min, 2-0 up in 13 minutes, the front 3 look so sharp, I hope we get our defenders up to speed otherwise we could have trouble in 2 weeks, because Rodgers has been fortunate in being able to get his first team ready in pre-season.
Never read anything into pre-season games.

The score is irrelevant, but we want player sharp.

I'll be worried if we don't get a left-back and another backup striker.

Rodgers has been trying Sterling in a false-9....I hate that false 9 thing. But I could see him going with Sterling as a "false 9" flanked by Markovic and Lallana when Sturridge is not injured (which will be a lot). :

I can't imagine Lallana is going to start ahead of Coutinho, but as our most expensive summer purchase I also don't imagine he's been bought for the bench.....

Bluemooners, who is better Lallana or Coutinho?

superseiyan said:
I'm With Stupid said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
thumping Dortmund at the min, 2-0 up in 13 minutes, the front 3 look so sharp, I hope we get our defenders up to speed otherwise we could have trouble in 2 weeks, because Rodgers has been fortunate in being able to get his first team ready in pre-season.
Never read anything into pre-season games.

The score is irrelevant, but we want player sharp.

I'll be worried if we don't get a left-back and another backup striker.

Rodgers has been trying Sterling in a false-9....I hate that false 9 thing. But I could see him going with Sterling as a "false 9" flanked by Markovic and Lallana when Sturridge is not injured (which will be a lot). :

I can't imagine Lallana is going to start ahead of Coutinho, but as our most expensive summer purchase I also don't imagine he's been bought for the bench.....

Bluemooners, who is better Lallana or Coutinho?

Coutinho, it's his breakout season if he's used right and supported.

So let me get this right, Liverpool are European champions now, Arsenal have nicked our Prem title and the rags are Masters of the Universe after winning the Galacticos Champions Cup. Funny old game.

I don't think Liverpool will drop off that much without Suarez, maybe they need another striker but I still think they have a selection of players there that can all play decent football and score plenty of goals.

Sterling and Coutinho for me could be a lethal duo.

I think the difference between Liverpool losing Suarez and buying a lot of players and Tottenham losing Bale and buying a lot of players is that Liverpool have a decent manager in Rodgers whom can coach his teams to be better than the sum of their parts, whereas Villas Boas and Tim Sherwood in my opinion were not good enough with both coming across very naive at times during their Tottenham tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.