Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with Lallana.

Coutinho has always looked lightweight to me and I don't recall any great performances from him for the Mickeys against any side so far that wasn't just cannon fodder.

sam-caddick said:
I don't think Liverpool will drop off that much without Suarez, maybe they need another striker but I still think they have a selection of players there that can all play decent football and score plenty of goals.

Sterling and Coutinho for me could be a lethal duo.

I think the difference between Liverpool losing Suarez and buying a lot of players and Tottenham losing Bale and buying a lot of players is that Liverpool have a decent manager in Rodgers whom can coach his teams to be better than the sum of their parts, whereas Villas Boas and Tim Sherwood in my opinion were not good enough with both coming across very naive at times during their Tottenham tenure.

That's a good point, Villas Boas in particular had no idea how to incorporate the new signings into the team and made a total mess of it.

However, I think we generally signed players of a higher quality than they did. I wouldn't trade many of the players we bought last summer for the ones they bought this summer. So I don't think Rodgers is great at identifying and buying the right players, but I do rate him as a coach - at getting the best out of those at his disposal. But will that be enough this season with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and arguably United all undoubtedly possessing greater quality players? I don't think they'll be in the top 4 at the end of the season.

And even without Suarez, the problem is not in their front 4, but in what is behind those players. I don't rate their midfield or defense that highly.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
did I say that? no. Are you once again over-exaggerating the content of my post in a demeaning fashion? yes.

I wasn't even talking to you, you bloody drama queen, it was a general pisstake of the scousers. You're such a girl.

don't quote my post then, simple as.

i love quoting posts.

I'd be really surprised if they scored as much as last season without Suarez, but I also don't think their attack is an issue. Even without him, they should score a respectable amount. Their defence is what will cost them. I don't think they'll be able to rely on their forwards to cover up for those deficiencies without Suarez, and midweek European football is going to make things more taxing on their squad.

I really dislike both clubs, but I think I'd rather Liverpool made top 4 again over United purely to fuck up their finances.

Castiel said:
I'd be really surprised if they scored as much as last season without Suarez, but I also don't think their attack is an issue. Even without him, they should score a respectable amount. Their defence is what will cost them. I don't think they'll be able to rely on their forwards to cover up for those deficiencies without Suarez, and midweek European football is going to make things more taxing on their squad.

I really dislike both clubs, but I think I'd rather Liverpool made top 4 again over United purely to fuck up their finances.

For at least 1 more season.

Pretty likely their record deals are worth nothing without CL participation and other similar clauses.

bluechampion7891 said:
Castiel said:

For at least 1 more season.

Pretty likely their record deals are worth nothing without CL participation and other similar clauses.
Adidas have already confirmed to shareholders that something like £35m p/a of their shirt deal only gets paid if the scum play in the Champions League, doubtless there's other performance related clauses in there.

GHoddle said:
sam-caddick said:
I don't think Liverpool will drop off that much without Suarez, maybe they need another striker but I still think they have a selection of players there that can all play decent football and score plenty of goals.

Sterling and Coutinho for me could be a lethal duo.

I think the difference between Liverpool losing Suarez and buying a lot of players and Tottenham losing Bale and buying a lot of players is that Liverpool have a decent manager in Rodgers whom can coach his teams to be better than the sum of their parts, whereas Villas Boas and Tim Sherwood in my opinion were not good enough with both coming across very naive at times during their Tottenham tenure.

That's a good point, Villas Boas in particular had no idea how to incorporate the new signings into the team and made a total mess of it.

However, I think we generally signed players of a higher quality than they did. I wouldn't trade many of the players we bought last summer for the ones they bought this summer. So I don't think Rodgers is great at identifying and buying the right players, but I do rate him as a coach - at getting the best out of those at his disposal. But will that be enough this season with Arsenal, Chelsea, City, and arguably United all undoubtedly possessing greater quality players? I don't think they'll be in the top 4 at the end of the season.

And even without Suarez, the problem is not in their front 4, but in what is behind those players. I don't rate their midfield or defense that highly.

Maybe, but I also didn't think Spurs had a Coutinho or Sterling in their ranks when selling Bale, if those two can reach their potential they both could be top class if not world class.

I think Manquillo looks a good scout and Moreno from Sevilla is a great young left back in my opinion, I do think they need another defender as well as Lovren though.

Watching Liverpool play Dortmund yesterday I also saw how Rodgers got the whole team pressing very well and getting the likes of Sterling and Coutinho tracking back consistently, that pressing game will help them defensively just like it helped Dortmund and Atletico Madrid in the past few seasons.

I do think in regards to Pochettino and Spurs you will see this season what could have been last season because I think he is a top class coach destined for the big time.

Castiel said:

its no wonder these two sets of fans hate each other so much combined they have the IQ level of a chimp they really were made for each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.