Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
It's absolutely amazing to me that nobody in the press mentions that Liverpool have lost £50m a year for the previous two years running.

Liverpool actually lost more than City last year

Conversely the fact this is never mentioned in the media has, at no point, amazed me. In fact I'd have been astounded if anyone had even hinted at it.

Matty said:
Damocles said:
It's absolutely amazing to me that nobody in the press mentions that Liverpool have lost £50m a year for the previous two years running.

Conversely the fact this is never mentioned in the media has, at no point, amazed me. In fact I'd have been astounded if anyone had even hinted at it.
Am I right in thinking they would have been in line to fail FFP should they have been in Europe last season?

BlueTG said:
Matty said:
Damocles said:

Am I right in thinking they would have been in line to fail FFP should they have been in Europe last season?

That's a false argument as, should they have been in Europe last season, they'd have had more revenue coming in from prize money, gate receipts etc.

The Flash said:
And their net spend is -£15-20m this window despite selling Suarez for £75m.

Another not-reported fact.
£-42m according to Transfermarkt.... that includes Moreno so it looks up to date.

They have to get top 4 again this season or they will be out of contention for a long time. They've got to finance their ground expansion, and I can't see them doing that and competing in the transfer market without Champions League revenues.

Matty said:
BlueTG said:
Matty said:

That's a false argument as, should they have been in Europe last season, they'd have had more revenue coming in from prize money, gate receipts etc.

not necessarily, as whilst it can be argued that they would have lost less, things like transfer deficit was an active decision based on their figures, so the likelihood is if they'd received more money, they'd have made bigger money signings as a result, thus the loss would have been broadly similar.

The wankathon will hit critical mass on the first CL home game. Oh, you all know it, wait for gems such as:

1. The Kop was made for nights like this.
2. One of those famous European nights at Anfield.
3. [Insert name of opponents] are visibly in awe at the noise from the Kop.
4. Let's just say nothing and listen to the most rousing rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' you'll ever hear.
5. Much copied, never bettered (whilst showing the Kop singing YNWA).

Matty said:
Damocles said:

We'll know next summer if ffp is meant for the likes of Liverpool and if it is, let's see them keep it out of the media.

malg said:
The wankathon will hit critical mass on the first CL home game. Oh, you all know it, wait for gems such as:

1. The Kop was made for nights like this.
2. One of those famous European nights at Anfield.
3. [Insert name of opponents] are visibly in awe at the noise from the Kop.
4. Let's just say nothing and listen to the most rousing rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' you'll ever hear.
5. Much copied, never bettered (whilst showing the Kop singing YNWA).

Then theres the patronising way they clap "lesser" teams off who dare to give them a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.