Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueTG said:
They're fucking idiots on that thread.
I distinctly remember, especially in their 6th, 7th and 8th place seasons empty seats in their hell hole. I had a Liverpool supporting mate who was a regular because tickets were easier to come by.

Yeah, we've obviously cheated FFP again. So badly that there is no punishment. The same Liverpool that would have failed had they been in Europe that season.

One last point..

When was the last time you won the league again, you c**ts? Apart from the "selling duvet covers in India league".

It's like they don't realise empty seats at arsenal or united, or even there own place. Okay we're not a bigger club then them, but we're a better club. On and off the pitch they don't come close to us, yet they still think theyre one of europes elite. What's happening with this liverpool ffp investigation? There was hardly nothing about this on rawk, yet when it was us they was all coming out to play.

The thing that really gets me is when other fans mention the etihad deal, rawk are the worse for it. Every post on that city thread is about dodgy deals etc, but when you look at that deal, its very fairly priced. But because our owner is related to etihad, its labelled as cheating ffp. I've seen a few posts on there that accuse mansour of buying tickets at City, fuck me can you get anymore deluded. They hate us and chelsea because we pushed them out of the way to become the best two teams in england. The great thing is, they can't do fuck all about it. Maybe there new tk max stand and a few more signings like ricky lambert will get them back to our level.

Manchester_lalala said:
BlueTG said:
They're fucking idiots on that thread.
I distinctly remember, especially in their 6th, 7th and 8th place seasons empty seats in their hell hole. I had a Liverpool supporting mate who was a regular because tickets were easier to come by.

Yeah, we've obviously cheated FFP again. So badly that there is no punishment. The same Liverpool that would have failed had they been in Europe that season.

One last point..

When was the last time you won the league again, you c**ts? Apart from the "selling duvet covers in India league".

It's like they don't realise empty seats at arsenal or united, or even there own place. Okay we're not a bigger club then them, but we're a better club. On and off the pitch they don't come close to us, yet they still think theyre one of europes elite. What's happening with this liverpool ffp investigation? There was hardly nothing about this on rawk, yet when it was us they was all coming out to play.

The thing that really gets me is when other fans mention the etihad deal, rawk are the worse for it. Every post on that city thread is about dodgy deals etc, but when you look at that deal, its very fairly priced. But because our owner is related to etihad, its labelled as cheating ffp. I've seen a few posts on there that accuse mansour of buying tickets at City, fuck me can you get anymore deluded. They hate us and chelsea because we pushed them out of the way to become the best two teams in england. The great thing is, they can't do fuck all about it. Maybe there new tk max stand and a few more signings like ricky lambert will get them back to our level.

And I bet there's no mention on RAWK of their new kit deal with the owner's OWN COMPANY.

How convenient.

Vienna_70 said:
And I bet there's no mention on RAWK of their new kit deal with the owner's OWN COMPANY.

How convenient.

New Balance? Is that also owned by the Fenway Sports Group?

Vienna_70 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Vienna_70 said:

How convenient.

New Balance? Is that also owned by the Fenway Sports Group?

According to somebody on here the other day.
Don't think it is but there is a long connection between them and Fenway and it's always worth taunting them with. Also the fact that their shirts bear the name of the world's biggest money launderer, when they talk about our owners.

There's no doubt Liverpool gave them a leg-up to get into the football kit market and they paid through the nose for that. One thing I heard is that Liverpool demanded they had full rights to sales of their branded leisurewear, which most kit manufacturers never grant.

Confirmed: New Balance agree “record deal” to become Liverpool’s new kit supplier

New Balance and Liverpool FC today announced a record deal for the club which sees New Balance Football become the club’s official kit supplier.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, January 31, 2015: A corner flag flutters in the wind at Anfield ahead of the Liverpool versus West Ham United Premier League match. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda) [general view]

The agreement will see New Balance work alongside LFC to deliver world class product on pitch in line with the club’s ambitions to perform at the highest levels of the game. New Balance will be responsible for designing the club’s kits, along with all training apparel. As part of the deal LFC product will be sold through New Balance retail stores globally and will drive New Balance’s growth and entry into the football market.

“We are thrilled to announce this sponsorship of one of the world’s leading sportswear brands, which is a record-breaking deal for the Club”, commented Billy Hogan, Chief Commercial Officer at Liverpool FC.

“Like Liverpool FC, New Balance has over 100 years of heritage and a global footprint. Not only are they well known for their technical innovation across a range of sports but they also have a presence in many countries across the world, which will all feature LFC kit. We are very excited about joining forces with them”, he added.

Richard Wright, General Manager of New Balance Football said: “Liverpool FC is one of the most successful and decorated clubs in world football and we’re delighted to partner with the club. The sponsorship represents an important step for New Balance launching into football and reflects the global growth ambitions of the brand. Over the course of the contract New Balance will bring innovation and world class product to Liverpool FC and its global fan base.”

New Balance’s sponsorship with Liverpool FC continues the strong and ongoing relationship with Fenway Sports Group (FSG). The sportswear manufacturer also has a long-standing relationship with the Boston Red Sox and has previously been involved with Roush Fenway, both owned by FSG.

Liverpool Football Club announced its first ever official club kit supplier agreement with Warrior, a brand owned by New Balance, when the club released the LFC home, away and 3rd kit in 2012. The tremendous success of this initiative led New Balance to decide to launch in the global football market in 2015. Warrior continues to deliver innovative products in performance sports including lacrosse and ice hockey.

Liverpool have announced the biggest kit supplier deal in their history, having signed a multi-year partnership with New Balance. The club will switch to current brand Warrior’s parent company from next season.

Liverpool signed a six-year deal with Warrior in 2012 which was worth B£25million a season, with the club estimating they could make as much again in additional merchandising – making the whole package worth a potential £300million.

“We are thrilled to announce this partnership with one of the world’s leading sportswear brands, which is a record-breaking deal for the club”, Liverpool’s chief commercial officer Billy Hogan said.

“Like Liverpool FC, New Balance has over 100 years of heritage and a global footprint and they have a presence in many countries across the world, which will all feature LFC kit.”

Update:

Reports on Thursday afternoon suggest this is a new deal, not just New Balance taking over the Warrior deal. The details and terms financially have yet to be revealed.

The bit in bold seems to confirm what you said, Prestwich.

Fuck those bitters, we are better than them on field and we have passed them off field in making money. We will only get better cause our owner wants this cub to improve all the time, while theirs want to play money ball and maybe win something if miracle happens.

Vienna_70 said:
The bit in bold seems to confirm what you said, Prestwich.
I know it's right. I read somewhere that their previous supplier reckoned the contract was worth no more than something like £14m a year (what was the second highest bid John?) yet Warrior offered them £25m plus allowed them to keep control of branded leisurewear sales. Warrior, through their existing relationship with the Red Sox, were supposedly "introduced" to Liverpool by Henry.

You can imagine the conversation if they hadn't been "introduced" and knocked on Ian Ayre's door. Be like something out of a Bob Newhart sketch.

WS: "Hello. We're Warrior Sports and we'd like to talk to you about manufacturing your kit."
IA: "Righty-o. What other clubs do you do this for?"
WS: "Well, none actually."
IA: "None? Do you make any sporting kits?"
WS: "Yes. We're very big in Lacrosse."
IA: "Lacrosse? I see. Not a huge market over here really. We're looking for someone who has experience of football, sorry guys Soccer, kits and who can distribute these in the markets where we're big."
WS: "And where is that?"
IA: "Well the Far East for example."
WS "Like Maine & Vermont you mean?"
IA: "Err no. Like Malaysia."
WS: "Malaysia hey (Herb - look that up)."
IA: "And we're big in Scandinavia as well."
WS: "Is that next to this Malaysia place?"
IA: "Thank you. I'll let you know."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.