Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario is disrespecting Dipperdom according to pundit Stevie G, imagine if he's missed that pen!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-02-19/video-gerrard-critical-of-liverpool-striker-balotelli/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-02- ... balotelli/</a>?

I have no clue why Henderson was designated penalty taker. Balotelli and Lambert are the obvious choices. Not even sure Henderson is captain material. Emre Can and Sakho both seem like more natural leaders (though there is a language barrier at the moment).

I am not sure if staying in the competition is good for Liverpool, because they are fighting on too many fronts. The bright side is Balotelli has picked up form, but things might blow up again.

Complete lack of class from Gerrard. You don't slag your teammates off on live telly. Utterly contemptible thing to do. Gerrard is no stranger when it comes to being **** though, so it's hardly a surprise.
I get the feeling all's not well in the Liverpool dressing room and a few of them have got their noses put out of joint when Mario signed.
Mario gets more publicity than Stevie Me can dream off, and that I suspect is the real problem. Stevie Me likes to be the main man and his ego has taken a bit of a bruising since Mad Mario signed.

stony said:
Complete lack of class from Gerrard. You don't slag your teammates off on live telly. Utterly contemptible thing to do. Gerrard is no stranger when it comes to being c**t though, so it's hardly a surprise.
I get the feeling all's not well in the Liverpool dressing room and a few of them have got their noses put out of joint when Mario signed.
Mario gets more publicity than Stevie Me can dream off, and that I suspect is the real problem. Stevie Me likes to be the main man and his ego has taken a bit of a bruising since Mad Mario signed.
Maybe, but could be a problem if two different camps develop. The foreign boys and the British ones. At the moment the British boys have the power, but the dynamics could change completely if Gerrard leaves. I don't think they will get top 4 and will effect the contracts they can offer and the players that want to stay.

So you've been criticised for playing shit, picked up your game and actually had a decent match and scored the winning penalty, then you find out your Captain has been chatting shit about you on Live TV... wow. Would fucking love to hear that conversation go down tomorrow morning.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Little Brendan getting more deluded by the day
Now he's doing a Jim Bowen,this is what we could've won

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/rodgers-this-liverpool-side-could-have-won-champions-league-021915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/r ... gue-021915</a>

For those of you who can't read the article, here it is:

Rodgers: This Liverpool side could have won Champions League

Brendan Rodgers believes that his current Liverpool side could have won the Champions League if they had not been knocked out in December.

Rodgers' Reds picked up just five points in the group stages of the competition - failing to beat Basel at home in their final, must-win match - but after winning six of their last ten Premier League games, the Northern Irishman is bullish once again.

Liverpool now face Besiktas in the Europa League with Rodgers now suggesting that they would have competed in the knock-out stages of the premier competition.

"You just never know with the Champions League because sometimes it's not the best teams that win it. I think if you're in a cup competition that's sometimes the case, especially in those big European competitions," said Rodgers.

"I felt if we were maybe the team we had (last year) or were further down the road with this team then we'd have had a chance with the Champions League, that's the reality.

"If we were in it now with this group and the confidence we're showing and the way of working then we would have had a chance. Of course there's maybe other teams that are more experienced and better equipped with their squads.

"Certainly it wasn't the real Liverpool earlier on in the season. I was obviously hopeful that we could still be in the Champions League at this stage but it's not to be.

"We're still in a very good competition, we'll attack these games in this competition like we have those in the last few months.

"We'd put in two years of work building to get through to that stage and our objectives from me personally were very clear, we wanted to make the Champions League.

"Of course to arrive in there not having the team and the way of working to go and play that way, it was frustrating.

"But it's a great learning curve for us and I hope we can be in it for other years to come consistently and hopefully we can be a lot more stable and consistent with our performance."

----------------------------

Tobe fair, Bodger is being very clever here..if your not in the champions league, just keep talking about it.
"we,re still in a very good competiton"...had me fooled for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.