Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slip affected him more than he lets on. Every opposition fan at every ground reminds him of it every time he plays.
Just think, all those cups he's won and his defining moment in football, the thing he will be remembered for most is that moment when he lost the title for Liverpool.

[bigimg]http://www.football-banter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gerrard-slip.gif[/bigimg]

If he wasn't such a prick I'd feel sorry for him.

The BBC had a poll for Liverpool's greatest ever player. These polls should always state Greatest Ever Player for the TV generation. Gerrard was way out front of Dalglish, and way, way behind was Rush, and further behind was Souness......who was behind John Barnes! Yep, Souness finished behind Barnes in a Liverpool greatest ever player poll! Not even to mention how Barnes got into that poll ahead of Robbie Fowler!

All that said, I'd question whether Gerrard is a bigger legend than Dalglish. In my opinion Gerrard couldn't even lace the Dalglish's boots.

malg said:
The BBC had a poll for Liverpool's greatest ever player. These polls should always state Greatest Ever Player for the TV generation. Gerrard was way out front of Dalglish, and way, way behind was Rush, and further behind was Souness......who was behind John Barnes! Yep, Souness finished behind Barnes in a Liverpool greatest ever player poll! Not even to mention how Barnes got into that poll ahead of Robbie Fowler!

All that said, I'd question whether Gerrard is a bigger legend than Dalglish. In my opinion Gerrard couldn't even lace the Dalglish's boots.
It's absolutely crazy. I admire Starfish's loyalty to the murkysiders, I really do. But to rate him as better than Dogleash, Rush, Souness, Fowler etc is delusional. Then again, the Mickeys do "delusional" to a far higher standard than anyone else.

jimharri said:
malg said:

It's absolutely crazy. I admire Starfish's loyalty to the murkysiders, I really do. But to rate him as better than Dogleash, Rush, Souness, Fowler etc is delusional. Then again, the Mickeys do "delusional" to a far higher standard than anyone else.
Probably says more about how Sky has taken over football. Anything before 1992(?) has been erased from the national memory. It's actually a crying shame, but not surprising.

He's be good but Liverpool dominated English football for most of the 70s and 80s
Lots of titles 4 European Cups plenty of Leagues and FA Cups
Souness Rush Hansen Dalglish etc long way ahead of him

Gerrard over Dalglish that's very funny .
Dalglish was easily a better all round player than Gerrard .

Talkshite are trailing the game with Walk On playing in the background. Absolutely ridiculous. He's thankfully one of the last of the fucking ludicrously overhyped Golden Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.