Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
TCIB said:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321363.2240

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFZKbjlUMAAoICj.jpg[/bigimg]

Christ. Look at those smuggy, greedy, beady little eyes.

And the way he's holding the trophy that just screams "£100k a week? Fuck off, I want £300k".

Chilling, portrait of an evil man.

Haha, comedy gold.
They really are beyond parody.

They've been bang on form lately old LFC. The banners for brenda, fucking up gerrards last game, this whole sterling thing

They're the laughing stock of world football. And the funniest thing is, it really really bothers them

The Fat el Hombre said:
They've been bang on form lately old LFC. The banners for brenda, fucking up gerrards last game, this whole sterling thing

They're the laughing stock of world football. And the funniest thing is, it really really bothers them
At least when we were the laughing stock of football we had the good grace to take it in good humour with a healthy dose of self-deprecation thrown in for good measure.

And they call us classless.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

At least when we were the laughing stock of football we had the good grace to take it in good humour with a healthy dose of self-deprecation thrown in for good measure.

I think our fanbase is pretty unique in that respect. Just look at how the fans of Liverpool/rags/Arsenal react to a bit of a setback. Even Newcastle fans who are lauded by many in the media as "the best fans in the country" are taking their role as the new comedy club with a complete lack of grace and without a hint of humour.

stony said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

I think our fanbase is pretty unique in that respect. Just look at how the fans of Liverpool/rags/Arsenal react to a bit of a setback. Even Newcastle fans who are lauded by many in the media as "the best fans in the country" are taking their role as the new comedy club with a complete lack of grace and without a hint of humour.
If you've been struck by a curse, try and see the funny side.

The Fat el Hombre said:

Not long after the takeover in 2008, a Liverpool fan in my local warned me, "if any club could f**k this up, it's City."
To be fair, I suppose there was plenty of reason given out frequent cock ups to say that to me. The other day, when I reminded him, for the umpteenth time (I'm not very gracious), of the remark. He just smiled wryly and grumbled something along the lines of "me and my big f**king mouth, eh?"
" really, really REALLY! hurting them" only begins to sum it up.

mad4city said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Not long after the takeover in 2008, a Liverpool fan in my local warned me, "if any club could f**k this up, it's City."
To be fair, I suppose there was plenty of reason given out frequent cock ups to say that to me. The other day, when I reminded him, for the umpteenth time (I'm not very gracious), of the remark. He just smiled wryly and grumbled something along the lines of "me and my big f**king mouth, eh?"
" really, really REALLY! hurting them" only begins to sum it up.
Their mentality as fans is morphing before our very eyes.

“He is the best young player in European football at the moment......At 19 years of age you don’t see anyone better......His pass for Luis’s goal was like a top midfield player, so there’s an assist, and his position for the counter attack when he broke away and obviously gets a bit of luck on the deflection but his overall performance he’s shown so much maturity.” - Brendan Rodgers, about one year ago.*

Two things:

1. We're acting like we have the luxury of casually selling our best players. "He's not that good"....uh, ok, then why was the team riding him this year? Why has he played more minutes than any other outfield player? Why does he have more goals than any other top field players? Do we remember when we were crying out for him to play when he was only 17? We can be upset but let's not put a crossface on reality.

2. We're acting under the assumption that the transfer committee will have a nice shiny replacement. That's a HUGE leap of faith, and fuck me, did last summer happen or not? I mean we almost replaced Henderson with Dempsey. Sakho with Lovren. We are playing defensive mids at right back and No. 10s at wing-back (speaking of which--why do we have only one available senior left-back in the entire squad?). Sometimes it seems like we're trying to intentionally downgrade at each position.

At least many (not all) LFC media personalities are seeing the bigger picture. My concern is not so much "why is a 20 year old kid bossing the biggest club in England?". That's frankly irrelevant to me. The "institution" of Manchester United survived the granny-shaggers tantrums. Shit happens. Our fans are personalizing this and acting like that feeling when your girl is about to break up with you and you start losing your bearings. Fuck that, think bigger picture homies.

Bottom line is if we're the big club we supposedly are, we will let the kabuki dance play out and get another good 18 months out of him before he goes.....OR he'll go for a good 30-40M and it'll be wisely reinvested. That I have zero faith in the second possibility is why I really hope he'll stay, and that FSG will be firm like they were with Suarez.

End with some words from Gerrard earlier this year,

"When I was coming through at Liverpool, every time you got within a couple of years left your contract would be renewed and there would no worrying or panic stage, but I see Henderson with a year left and I see Sterling – it is in the paper too much and I know there is no smoke without fire.

“So, for me, the message to the club is to get these done sharpish because these are the future of the club and I want to watch this team do well, in cup finals and challenging for the league.”

*BTW, you cannot be saying stuff like "he's going nowhere" and then selling him, especially on the cheap, and especially to a rival and especially after saying there is no better young player around. You lose a lot of credibility doing that, you show weakness and that's just ASKING for another player to try the same stunt on you.

credit to TAW for looking up the Rodgers & Gerrard quotes.

The Fat el Hombre said:

This. Loving it. Loved that defeat on sat night. Bloody hilarious.

The Fat el Hombre said:

yep, fucking up gerrards last game..i hadn,t really played much attention to it ( why would i?) but that must have been a disaster/car crash of a game...playing palace at home, palace with NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AT ALL and getting bashed 3-1...on your own pitch, by a team who everyone thought would go down last season and this , after failing to qualify for champions league football,failing to hang onto one of the worlds best players last season, failing to win the title last season, failing to win anything of note really in the last decade,failing to win the league in the last two decades,...oh well its stevie me and his last game, we,ll win that la...
BANG!! Palace had other ideas, and basically took the piss at anfield while those in red look back , ..and thats the fucking problem..constantly harping back to days gone bye when they were something, meant something and won something.

nobody noticed palace turn up and take the fucking points...brenda too busy polishing his teeth for the stevie me media fest.

little-Liverpool roll on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.