Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact of the matter is that even amongst the most brainwashed it has to be dawning that last seasons relative success was just a blip based around Suarez and Sturridge having a purple patch. They blew it and are unlikely to get anything like as close in the forseeable

dennishasdoneit said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
They've been bang on form lately old LFC. The banners for brenda, fucking up gerrards last game, this whole sterling thing

They're the laughing stock of world football. And the funniest thing is, it really really bothers them
yep, fucking up gerrards last game..i hadn,t really played much attention to it ( why would i?) but that must have been a disaster/car crash of a game...playing palace at home, palace with NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AT ALL and getting bashed 3-1...on your own pitch, by a team who everyone thought would go down last season and this , after failing to qualify for champions league football,failing to hang onto one of the worlds best players last season, failing to win the title last season, failing to win anything of note really in the last decade,failing to win the league in the last two decades,...oh well its stevie me and his last game, we,ll win that la...
BANG!! Palace had other ideas, and basically took the piss at anfield while those in red look back , ..and thats the fucking problem..constantly harping back to days gone bye when they were something, meant something and won something.

nobody noticed palace turn up and take the fucking points...brenda too busy polishing his teeth for the stevie me media fest.

little-Liverpool roll on...

Just like the Likely Lads - and the rags - all they have to look forward to is the past.

Vienna_70 said:
dennishasdoneit said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
They've been bang on form lately old LFC. The banners for brenda, fucking up gerrards last game, this whole sterling thing

They're the laughing stock of world football. And the funniest thing is, it really really bothers them
yep, fucking up gerrards last game..i hadn,t really played much attention to it ( why would i?) but that must have been a disaster/car crash of a game...playing palace at home, palace with NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AT ALL and getting bashed 3-1...on your own pitch, by a team who everyone thought would go down last season and this , after failing to qualify for champions league football,failing to hang onto one of the worlds best players last season, failing to win the title last season, failing to win anything of note really in the last decade,failing to win the league in the last two decades,...oh well its stevie me and his last game, we,ll win that la...
BANG!! Palace had other ideas, and basically took the piss at anfield while those in red look back , ..and thats the fucking problem..constantly harping back to days gone bye when they were something, meant something and won something.

nobody noticed palace turn up and take the fucking points...brenda too busy polishing his teeth for the stevie me media fest.

Just like the Likely Lads - and the rags - all they have to look forward to is the past.

i,m loving your location vienna70!!

little-liverpool can at least take heart from the fact that although big-Bournemouth are in the prem next year the merseysiders have a good recent record againt them.not as tricky as Crystal Palace.

dennishasdoneit said:
Vienna_70 said:
dennishasdoneit said:

i,m loving your location vienna70!!

Thank you, Denis.

:-D

what was the name of that film..Leaving las Vegas..

Maybe we can do a version of Leaving liverpool,starring:

A. trophy and S. Mee.

Tony Barrett
Published 1 minute ago

Brendan Rodgers will have to prove he is the right man to take Liverpool forward in an endof-season
review with Fenway Sports Group (FSG).

The club’s American owner will look to re-establish common ground with the manager after a
season that has fallen short of expectations.

Although FSG has no intention of dispensing with Rodgers’s services, the outcome of the
meeting will be pivotal in determining how the club goes about addressing the failings that
have resulted in such a disappointing campaign.

The main aim of the summit, which will see Mike Gordon, FSG’s most influential figure at
Anfield, hold face-to-face talks with Rodgers, will be to learn from the mistakes that caused
Liverpool to fail to win a trophy for a third successive season and miss out on Champions
League qualification.

High on the agenda will be the need to address the disconnect between transfer strategy and
team selection, with FSG hoping Rodgers is ready to convince them of his willingness to
persevere with several signings who have yet to make the desired impact.

Rodgers’s lack of faith in a number of the players Liverpool signed last summer has become
increasingly obvious in recent months with Lazar Markovic, Rickie Lambert, Mario Balotelli,
Javier Manquillo, Alberto Moreno and Dejan Lovren all struggling to establish themselves to
an extent.

While there is an acceptance that some of last summer’s acquisitions, Balotelli and Lambert in
particular, left Rodgers short of the kind of options he needs, there is also a feeling within
Liverpool’s hierarchy that such failings do not justify a season of underachievement after
investing about £110 million in players.

This year, Tom Werner, the Liverpool chairman, said that it was “important” to maintain
Liverpool’s mid-season momentum and achieve a top-four finish, admitting it would be a
“disappointment” if those objectives were not reached. In the event, neither target has been
reached with Liverpool winning only twice, against Newcastle United and Queens Park
Rangers, in their past eight league games.

End-of-season reviews are standard practice for Liverpool under FSG’s ownership and
although it is routine for the manager’s performance to be scrutinised, Rodgers will go into
his latest assessment in the knowledge that Liverpool have fallen short of the place in the top
four that was viewed as the minimum acceptable requirement at the start of this season.

Although there is no sense that Rodgers will, in effect, be auditioning again for a position he
already occupies, FSG is looking to him to show them that it remains on the same page going
forward and to justify its belief that he is the right manager to implement the model it remains
confident can allow Liverpool to become consistently competitive at home and abroad.
In keeping with that aim, Liverpool remain determined to keep Raheem Sterling regardless of
the winger’s growing desire to leave, with Manchester City understood to be preparing an
offer that would make him one of their highest-paid players.

That position will be reaffirmed when Sterling’s agent, Aidy Ward, holds talks with Rodgers
and Ian Ayre, Liverpool’s chief executive, on Friday. At the meeting, which is taking place at
Ward’s request, he is expected to inform Liverpool of his client’s wish to secure a transfer this
summer but the Merseysiders will not sanction any departure.

Liverpool remain hopeful that they will be able to convince the England forward to commit
his future to them regardless of his agitation to move, although that position does seem
optimistic given the indications emerging from Sterling’s camp suggesting he wishes to leave
at the earliest possible opportunity.

Damocles said:
Tony Barrett
Published 1 minute ago

Brendan Rodgers will have to prove he is the right man to take Liverpool forward in an end off-season review with Fenway Sports Group (FSG).

Although FSG has no intention of dispensing with Rodgers’s services,
Thank goodness for that.

Rodgers is definitely the right man to take Liverpool forward. From the point of view of us, Chelsea, Arsenal & the rags.

dennishasdoneit said:
Maintainin said:
stonerblue said:
Heighway. McMahon, Callaghan
Case could also pack a beltin shot way back when!

he could,and Case was well known for having one of the hardest shots in football at the time, but his all round game was pretty one dimensional and can hardly be considered in any discussion of the top all time liverpool players..he might sneak in the the top 150...

Loved a good tackle as well.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Damocles said:
Tony Barrett
Published 1 minute ago

Brendan Rodgers will have to prove he is the right man to take Liverpool forward in an end off-season review with Fenway Sports Group (FSG).

Although FSG has no intention of dispensing with Rodgers’s services,
Thank goodness for that.

Rodgers is definitely the right man to take Liverpool forward. From the point of view of us, Chelsea, Arsenal & the rags.

I'd put my house on him continuing the fine Liverpool F.C traditions of the past 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.