Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vienna_70 said:
blueinsa said:
LadislavMplmx said:
still wont accept any responsibility for Heysel.....everyone else's fault....fuckin vile
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321265.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=321265.0</a>

Still Chelsea fans I see pmsl.

The lack of self awareness amongst this bunch is incredible.

I only read a few posts, but this little nugget caught my eye:

Even in 85 we got all the blame when Juve were as culpable.

They make me sick.

Wankers!

Its never your fault, its never your fault, always the victims, its never your fault.

stonerblue said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Maintainin said:
Case could also pack a beltin shot way back when!

he could,and Case was well known for having one of the hardest shots in football at the time, but his all round game was pretty one dimensional and can hardly be considered in any discussion of the top all time liverpool players..he might sneak in the the top 150...

Loved a good tackle as well.

So does Lawrenson *apparently*

The problem Liverpool currently have is that instead of signing two or three top class players, they have preferred to follow different transfer routes which has ultimately failed them.

Firstly, they went for the moneyball approach. Which led them to signing the likes of Downing and Carroll for vastly overprice sums. And that did not work.

Now they seem to have gone for the established PL route. Similar to what Spurs did where they would sign the best players from clubs around their level.

The fact is, to win the league or even challenge, you need a few world class players. Arsenal are the prime example of how the trophy/ies come when they get the likes of Ozil and Sanchez.

The difference with us signing a Bony or Sterling is that they will be playing a supporting act to Kun and Dave. Which will give them room to play. At Liverpool, Sterling is the Aguero or Silva and as their fans have pointed out, he is not yet ready for that.

Ducado said:
There is the whiff of slow terminal decline about them

There's a whiff of a slow terminal decline into mediocrity about United.

The Police are being called by the neighbours of Liverpool FC due to the amount of milk bottles piling up outside their assisted living accommodation.

I know there's lots of fixation on RAWK--but there's lots of major LFC outlets where there is some candid, open, uncensored self-reflection going on right now. Liverpool-kop, TAW and thisisanfield. Granted obviously you're busy enough reading about City :)

Great article today lamenting the lack of fighters in the team over at TAW:

This is about what Liverpool as a club, without Steven Gerrard, looks like.

.....I look at the Liverpool squad without Gerrard and I don’t see anyone terrified by defeat. I don’t see anyone with that same desperation to win. Instead, I see a collection of players too easily beaten, in their heads, in their hearts and in their boots.

Is it a reflection of the mind-set of the manager? For all the promise he has shown (and, at varying times, he has shown plenty), he has never given the impression of someone whose only desire is to win. He has never appeared destroyed, enraged by a loss. Rightly or wrongly, at times he seems more concerned with upholding his philosophy, with consolidating the strategy, than with winning football games. Does it burn, Brendan? Losing to Crystal Palace and Hull and Villa and West Ham and Newcastle? Does it gnaw away at you inside? I hope it does.

Maybe that’s unfair. To be honest, I’m past caring. I just want to see a Liverpool team willing to throw the kitchen sink at their opponents when there are 15 minutes to go and they’re facing another defeat. I want them to intimidate. I want teams to know that they’re in for the most uncomfortable 90 minutes of their season when they come to Anfield. And if they can survive that, and still come away with a result, then well played.

Rodgers acknowledged it in 2013: “In order to breed the consistency needed to give us success, we need to bring in winners — those with the winning mentality.” He returned to the subject after the Palace debacle last weekend, bemoaning the lack of leaders in the squad; a squad, it should be noted, he has had six transfer windows to shape. What’s gone wrong, then? Because something clearly has, be it the scouting, the coaching or individual player development.

For all the value to be gained from an increased reliance on data collection and analytics, some things can’t be measured. Things like character and will-to-win. Things that set a player apart from his peers. Over the last few years there has been a steady drain of those possessing such traits. Kuyt, Bellamy, Carragher, Reina, Suarez, Gerrard. Men of substance. What we’re left with, as we’ve seen with depressing regularity over the course of this campaign, is a collection of nice lads who lack the killer instinct.

The lack of viable candidates for the armband speaks volumes. Think back to 2008-09. It wasn’t just Gerrard driving Liverpool on, fuelling a title challenge that fell short only at the death. It was Carragher. And Reina. And Alonso. And Mascherano. And Kuyt. And Hyypia. And Torres (2009 Torres, not 2011 Torres). More than half the team. Each of them a captain on the pitch, armband or not. Each of them with the kind of mentality that is now in short supply at Anfield.

city91 said:
The problem Liverpool currently have is that instead of signing two or three top class players, they have preferred to follow different transfer routes which has ultimately failed them.

Firstly, they went for the moneyball approach. Which led them to signing the likes of Downing and Carroll for vastly overprice sums. And that did not work.

Now they seem to have gone for the established PL route. Similar to what Spurs did where they would sign the best players from clubs around their level.

The fact is, to win the league or even challenge, you need a few world class players. Arsenal are the prime example of how the trophy/ies come when they get the likes of Ozil and Sanchez.

The difference with us signing a Bony or Sterling is that they will be playing a supporting act to Kun and Dave. Which will give them room to play. At Liverpool, Sterling is the Aguero or Silva and as their fans have pointed out, he is not yet ready for that.

I would have thought that Sterling - if he joins us - is more likely to be playing a supporting act to Jesús, rather than Merlin.

C&P from The Guardian yesterday:

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [Big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Manchester City, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.

East Level 2 said:
C&P from The Guardian yesterday:

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [Big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Manchester City, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.

Jesus bet the loved that on RAWK !!!

Ducado said:
There is the whiff of slow terminal decline about them

there is also the whiff of fresh paint from the brand new kwik fit stand..to seat all the new fans eager to see lambert and henderson

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/missing-can-you-help-find-9295886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/mi ... nd-9295886</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.echoarena.com/whats-on/the-istanbul-reunion-night/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.echoarena.com/whats-on/the-i ... ion-night/</a>

My God....

Echo Arena for an Istanbul reunion? Talk about milking history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.