Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnmc said:
aguero93:20 said:
johnmc said:
You have already said it yourself. They will earn plenty more on top. They will be amongst the top earners at the club. Our average wage is £100k a week (see recent report). They are at the top end of the scale. They will take home £200k a week easy.

The report compiled by @sportingintelligence? Where's he getting his figures from? Because he doesn't have access to PAYE records and the club are giving him fuck all. Iirc, he told that ed gobshite that Denis Suarez and Luca Scapuzzi were on £75k each a week.

You don't have access to PAYE either do you? Where you getting £140k a week from? Do you not believe we are amongst the top paying clubs then? If you think Aguerro is on £140k a week then I'm sorry you are wrong. I don't care about "basic" as that means nothing really. It's what they take home. Looks good in print to think he is on the same as someone like Ashley Young but you and I know he could near enough double it at several clubs. Why isn't he? Because he actual wage is no where near his basic.

But we're not discussing his total earnings. We. Are. Discussing. Weekly. Salary. And sterling won't be getting £150k per week basic if he signs for us. Can you get that into your head? As for my figures, Aguero's total earnings last season averaged across every source online (eg transfermarkt forbes) including his bonuses average out per week around the £182k mark. That's including bonuses for a double winning season. We allow our players a special deal with image rights to lower staff costs, that's been confirmed by Soriano and Khaldoon.

johnmc said:
The report compiled by @sportingintelligence? Where's he getting his figures from? Because he doesn't have access to PAYE records and the club are giving him fuck all. Iirc, he told that ed gobshite that Denis Suarez and Luca Scapuzzi were on £75k each a week.

You don't have access to PAYE either do you? Where you getting £140k a week from? Do you not believe we are amongst the top paying clubs then? If you think Aguerro is on £140k a week then I'm sorry you are wrong. I don't care about "basic" as that means nothing really. It's what they take home. Looks good in print to think he is on the same as someone like Ashley Young but you and I know he could near enough double it at several clubs. Why isn't he? Because he actual wage is no where near his basic.

But we're not discussing his total earnings. We. Are. Discussing. Weekly. Salary. And sterling won't be getting £150k per week basic if he signs for us. Can you get that into your head? As for my figures, Aguero's total earnings last season averaged across every source online (eg transfermarkt forbes) including his bonuses average out per week around the £182k mark. That's including bonuses for a double winning season. We allow our players a special deal with image rights to lower staff costs, that's been confirmed by Soriano and Khaldoon.

Right ok. Listen. There is no way Aguero would sign a contract for £140k a week. A basic salary has nothing to do with anything. a basic means nothing if the bonus package is nigh on guaranteed. If you type it into Google his salary comes up at $18.3m on Forbes (your source) and that's before commercial earnings. That's quite a bit above £200k per week. I could work for a basic of £10 a week but if my bonus just means turning up for work then my basic doesn't count for much does it. Look at bankers salaries would you. Them bank can make a loss but a million still goes their way in bonuses. Honestly it's been all over the press.

I won't patronise you with full stops or anything but to say Aguero is on £140k a week is severely naive.

johnmc said:
johnmc said:

Right ok. Listen. There is no way Aguero would sign a contract for £140k a week. A basic salary has nothing to do with anything. a basic means nothing if the bonus package is nigh on guaranteed. If you type it into Google his salary comes up at $18.3m on Forbes (your source) and that's before commercial earnings. That's quite a bit above £200k per week. I could work for a basic of £10 a week but if my bonus just means turning up for work then my basic doesn't count for much does it. Look at bankers salaries would you. Them bank can make a loss but a million still goes their way in bonuses. Honestly it's been all over the press.

I won't patronise you with full stops or anything but to say Aguero is on £140k a week is severely naive.

I'll say this once because I really can't be bothered with this conversation past that. A newspaper claimed that Sterling's weekly wage would be £150k per week. That's his weekly basic. Bonuses are not paid by the week outside of commission based jobs. They didn't claim he'd be earning a salary of £7.8m a year, they said 150k per week. That's basic. Whatever way you try to twist what I've been saying to suit your own argument, I've made it clear every step of the way I was only referring to basic weekly wage. I then stated that, to the best of my knowledge, from info released by the club and Ferran Soriano's preferred method of structuring staff costs, we preferred to pay a lower basic wage with higher bonuses and that David Silva and Sergio Aguero were on £140k a week before bonuses. Are you with me so far? So Raheem Sterling would not get paid £150k per week basic. Again, basic. I'm not getting into what their bonuses are, because they're fucking varied. I don't even know what my own fucking bonuses will be at the end of the year. But that £150k a week figure is bullshit planted by the pro Liverpool cunts in the media in their little phony war with Sterling at the moment. Because that's not how we pay our staff. We could sit here and argue exact figures all night, but neither of us know what they are. What is public knowledge however, is our preferred employee benefit structure. That is the point I'm making. If you want to try and twist words to suit your argument, kindly fuck off and find a politician, because I don't have the time.

johnmc said:

I'll say this once because I really can't be bothered with this conversation past that. A newspaper claimed that Sterling's weekly wage would be £150k per week. That's his weekly basic. Bonuses are not paid by the week outside of commission based jobs. They didn't claim he'd be earning a salary of £7.8m a year, they said 150k per week. That's basic. Whatever way you try to twist what I've been saying to suit your own argument, I've made it clear every step of the way I was only referring to basic weekly wage. I then stated that, to the best of my knowledge, from info released by the club and Ferran Soriano's preferred method of structuring staff costs, we preferred to pay a lower basic wage with higher bonuses and that David Silva and Sergio Aguero were on £140k a week before bonuses. Are you with me so far? So Raheem Sterling would not get paid £150k per week basic. Again, basic. I'm not getting into what their bonuses are, because they're fucking varied. I don't even know what my own fucking bonuses will be at the end of the year. But that £150k a week figure is bullshit planted by the pro Liverpool cunts in the media in their little phony war with Sterling at the moment. Because that's not how we pay our staff. We could sit here and argue exact figures all night, but neither of us know what they are. What is public knowledge however, is our preferred employee benefit structure. That is the point I'm making. If you want to try and twist words to suit your argument, kindly fuck off and find a politician, because I don't have the time.

No. Not with you at all. Widely reported that Milner is being offered £165k a week to stay. Is that basic? With or without bonuses? Not being offered that at all. What is your take? Seriously interested.

Whatever you say about basic wages is bollocks. Do you think Aguero gets taxed on £140k a week. End of the day neither you or I know what the players wages are. But what I do know is top premier league footballers earn per week is more than £200k a week. And that's exactly what Sergio and Silva will earn. What we are offering Sterling might be zero or more. It's guess work.

Believe Soriano's ideal strategy is two thirds basic wage, one third conditional on performance/success.

Pretty sure I've seen Silva/Kompany wage deals reported at around £140k. They'll earn up to £60 extra in bonuses.

Milners was reported as a maximum £165k a week. His basic would be significantly less.

At a guess Sterling would be looking at £100k basic. But could earn up to another £50k in bonuses.

Much as I am sniggering at the goings on with Sterling I have to say that his agent, Aidy Ward, is a first class c*nt.

Negotiating and name calling in public is not the way to do business and if Liverpool refuse to speak with him I couldn't blame them.

johnmc said:
johnmc said:

I'll say this once because I really can't be bothered with this conversation past that. A newspaper claimed that Sterling's weekly wage would be £150k per week. That's his weekly basic. Bonuses are not paid by the week outside of commission based jobs. They didn't claim he'd be earning a salary of £7.8m a year, they said 150k per week. That's basic. Whatever way you try to twist what I've been saying to suit your own argument, I've made it clear every step of the way I was only referring to basic weekly wage. I then stated that, to the best of my knowledge, from info released by the club and Ferran Soriano's preferred method of structuring staff costs, we preferred to pay a lower basic wage with higher bonuses and that David Silva and Sergio Aguero were on £140k a week before bonuses. Are you with me so far? So Raheem Sterling would not get paid £150k per week basic. Again, basic. I'm not getting into what their bonuses are, because they're fucking varied. I don't even know what my own fucking bonuses will be at the end of the year. But that £150k a week figure is bullshit planted by the pro Liverpool c**ts in the media in their little phony war with Sterling at the moment. Because that's not how we pay our staff. We could sit here and argue exact figures all night, but neither of us know what they are. What is public knowledge however, is our preferred employee benefit structure. That is the point I'm making. If you want to try and twist words to suit your argument, kindly fuck off and find a politician, because I don't have the time.

No. Not with you at all. Widely reported that Milner is being offered £165k a week to stay. Is that basic? With or without bonuses? Not being offered that at all. What is your take? Seriously interested.

Whatever you say about basic wages is bollocks. Do you think Aguero gets taxed on £140k a week. End of the day neither you or I know what the players wages are. But what I do know is top premier league footballers earn per week is more than £200k a week. And that's exactly what Sergio and Silva will earn. What we are offering Sterling might be zero or more. It's guess work.

So you believe everything you read in the papers or hear on Sty / talkshite / BBC about our club?

You really should know better by now.

Why the fuck do we want Sterling anyway? He had a great season alongside Suarez and Sturridge but not really set the world on fire this season has he?

On top of that he seems like a high maintenancce player already. The media are into him. He's 'holding the club to ransom' (something which Milner has been getting slagged off for for months on here) and he has 'history' in the off field department as well. This doesn't sound like the type of footballer we want at City nowadays.

Personally i'd have gone in for Ibe who looks like a very good prospect.

johnmc said:

As an aside, I am assuming footballers aren't paid weekly are they? Do they turn up every Friday night at the cashier and get their money in an envelope then go out and spend it all on beer and pies? Very Wheeltappers.

So why the infatuation with discussing weekly numbers? Is it to dumb it down? Make it seem smaller? Do agents really say my players wants 150K per week? I suspect what they want is 600K per month, or, more likely, 7.2 million a year.

How do they talk about these things in Europe? Annually, I guess.

Just seen what Carragher said about Sterling and his agent bullying Liverpool.

My timeline might be off but wasn't it Brendan that came out and said that Raheem had a great offer etc to start this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.