Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know quite a few Liverpool fans, and knew shit loads in my time in the mob. I've never had the experiences of some on here. Even when we won the title last year. Yes, they were gutted, but to a man they all said at least it wasn't the Rags.

Each to their own and all that stuff. Anyway, its getting real, real heavy in here.......remember, it's only football, and somewhere someone is feeling like this kid....so put 'I Feel Love' by Donna Summer on and enjoy the young 'un dancing...

[bigimg]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bbym.gif[/bigimg]

gordondaviesmoustache said:
paulchapo said:
I reckon the atmosphere between City and Liverpool fans is going to get poisonous in the next few years. Hope it doesn't get too nasty. I've got plenty of scouse mates who support Liverpool. I've always got on well with them, 'football wise', unlike most of my united associates, especially my dad.

We are traveling in different directions, but rubbing their noses in it doesn't look great, myself included.

It can't be much fun being a Liverpool fan these days and they're certainly not all dicks.

It was never great GDM there was a lot of scrapping and pure hatred in the 1970's i remember when for a time WE were their main rival,especially in 1977-78. After that i think we weren't hated like the rags,mainly because we weren't a threat and they regularly turned us over home and away[still do away.] We were still 'Mancs' though in their eyes.

Personally i say rub their noses in it big time! I was at Maine Road when they put us down with that 2-2 draw and when the results came through to confirm we had been relegated i remember those bastards CHEERING big time,in spite of probably being champions again that year and playing the rags in the cup final the week after,they still revelled in our misery. Also don't forget the attacking of Blues at Anfield last year and the stoning of coaches.They deserve whatever comes their way.
I know all that. I guess I was just talking in terms of my mates. I remember one of them sticking up for me (not that I needed it) in a bar in Albert Dock a couple of years ago when I was having a 'discussion' with an Everton fan who was coming out with the usual bollocks about our success being hollow, the bitter c**t. He pointed out to this bloke (who he knew) about Everton's role in the change of the rules about gate receipts in the early eighties. Called him a fucking hypocrite. I'll never forget that. He was a bit of a boy in his time, this bloke. Really interesting company. Funny c**t too.

Him, and one or two of my scouse Liverpool mates have never once begrudged of me what's happened to City. They deserve a lot of credit for that and I perhaps should remember that a little more.

You feel free to carry on with the hate, though!

I don't actually hate them but i am certainly not going to soft shoe shuffle around them if we nick Sterling and dominate football [hopefully!] Like the rags,during their decade or so at the top they rubbed our noses in it big time every opportunity they could. On an individual basis i know some sound Liverpool and Everton fans.i worked for a Liverpool shipping company in the eighties and i wouldn't do it personally to them,well we always go easier on mates eh?

paulchapo said:
paulchapo said:
It was never great GDM there was a lot of scrapping and pure hatred in the 1970's i remember when for a time WE were their main rival,especially in 1977-78. After that i think we weren't hated like the rags,mainly because we weren't a threat and they regularly turned us over home and away[still do away.] We were still 'Mancs' though in their eyes.

Personally i say rub their noses in it big time! I was at Maine Road when they put us down with that 2-2 draw and when the results came through to confirm we had been relegated i remember those bastards CHEERING big time,in spite of probably being champions again that year and playing the rags in the cup final the week after,they still revelled in our misery. Also don't forget the attacking of Blues at Anfield last year and the stoning of coaches.They deserve whatever comes their way.
I know all that. I guess I was just talking in terms of my mates. I remember one of them sticking up for me (not that I needed it) in a bar in Albert Dock a couple of years ago when I was having a 'discussion' with an Everton fan who was coming out with the usual bollocks about our success being hollow, the bitter c**t. He pointed out to this bloke (who he knew) about Everton's role in the change of the rules about gate receipts in the early eighties. Called him a fucking hypocrite. I'll never forget that. He was a bit of a boy in his time, this bloke. Really interesting company. Funny c**t too.

Him, and one or two of my scouse Liverpool mates have never once begrudged of me what's happened to City. They deserve a lot of credit for that and I perhaps should remember that a little more.

I don't actually hate them but i am certainly not going to soft shoe shuffle around them if we nick Sterling and dominate football [hopefully!] Like the rags,during their decade or so at the top they rubbed our noses in it big time every opportunity they could. On an individual basis i know some sound Liverpool and Everton fans.i worked for a Liverpool shipping company in the eighties and i wouldn't do it personally to them,well we always go easier on mates eh?
We do.

I'm probably going a bit soft. Don't worry, I only need to watch two minutes footage of Brendan Rodgers and my hate levels will be back to normal!

paulchapo said:

We do.

I'm probably going a bit soft. Don't worry, I only need to watch two minutes footage of Brendan Rodgers and my hate levels will be back to normal!

It's an age thing it mellows us and although we may get livid and froth at the mouth from time to it soon evaporates. Rodgers certainly hasn't helped things with his big mouth and stupidity and all that ''Unleash the crowd'' bollocks. The funny thing is IF FFP is eased then a few of these clubs might just get a huge cash injection and be right back in the mix anyway.We might mock their history but they are still an attractive proposition for a rich owner.

paulchapo said:
paulchapo said:
We do.

It's an age thing it mellows us and although we may get livid and froth at the mouth from time to it soon evaporates. Rodgers certainly hasn't helped things with his big mouth and stupidity and all that ''Unleash the crowd'' bollocks. The funny thing is IF FFP is eased then a few of these clubs might just get a huge cash injection and be right back in the mix anyway.We might mock their history but they are still an attractive proposition for a rich owner.
There's no doubt, for an egomaniac they'd be a brilliant buy - and let's be honest - most billionaires are egomaniacs!

It would make life interesting if they got a 'sugar-daddy' owner. You wouldn't be able to move on RAWK for all the collective back-tracking. It would be amusing, but a little concerning at the same time. In that form they could provide a threat to our top four status. Not a significant one, but a real one nonetheless.

72fdd8422e306da6d94915d0728a72a7.jpg

johnmc said:
aguero93:20 said:
johnmc said:
Right ok. Listen. There is no way Aguero would sign a contract for £140k a week. A basic salary has nothing to do with anything. a basic means nothing if the bonus package is nigh on guaranteed. If you type it into Google his salary comes up at $18.3m on Forbes (your source) and that's before commercial earnings. That's quite a bit above £200k per week. I could work for a basic of £10 a week but if my bonus just means turning up for work then my basic doesn't count for much does it. Look at bankers salaries would you. Them bank can make a loss but a million still goes their way in bonuses. Honestly it's been all over the press.

I won't patronise you with full stops or anything but to say Aguero is on £140k a week is severely naive.

I'll say this once because I really can't be bothered with this conversation past that. A newspaper claimed that Sterling's weekly wage would be £150k per week. That's his weekly basic. Bonuses are not paid by the week outside of commission based jobs. They didn't claim he'd be earning a salary of £7.8m a year, they said 150k per week. That's basic. Whatever way you try to twist what I've been saying to suit your own argument, I've made it clear every step of the way I was only referring to basic weekly wage. I then stated that, to the best of my knowledge, from info released by the club and Ferran Soriano's preferred method of structuring staff costs, we preferred to pay a lower basic wage with higher bonuses and that David Silva and Sergio Aguero were on £140k a week before bonuses. Are you with me so far? So Raheem Sterling would not get paid £150k per week basic. Again, basic. I'm not getting into what their bonuses are, because they're fucking varied. I don't even know what my own fucking bonuses will be at the end of the year. But that £150k a week figure is bullshit planted by the pro Liverpool cunts in the media in their little phony war with Sterling at the moment. Because that's not how we pay our staff. We could sit here and argue exact figures all night, but neither of us know what they are. What is public knowledge however, is our preferred employee benefit structure. That is the point I'm making. If you want to try and twist words to suit your argument, kindly fuck off and find a politician, because I don't have the time.

No. Not with you at all. Widely reported that Milner is being offered £165k a week to stay. Is that basic? With or without bonuses? Not being offered that at all. What is your take? Seriously interested.

Whatever you say about basic wages is bollocks. Do you think Aguero gets taxed on £140k a week. End of the day neither you or I know what the players wages are. But what I do know is top premier league footballers earn per week is more than £200k a week. And that's exactly what Sergio and Silva will earn. What we are offering Sterling might be zero or more. It's guess work.
Not seen that about Milner and I hasten to add that I think you're being a wum

SWP's back said:
johnmc said:
aguero93:20 said:
I'll say this once because I really can't be bothered with this conversation past that. A newspaper claimed that Sterling's weekly wage would be £150k per week. That's his weekly basic. Bonuses are not paid by the week outside of commission based jobs. They didn't claim he'd be earning a salary of £7.8m a year, they said 150k per week. That's basic. Whatever way you try to twist what I've been saying to suit your own argument, I've made it clear every step of the way I was only referring to basic weekly wage. I then stated that, to the best of my knowledge, from info released by the club and Ferran Soriano's preferred method of structuring staff costs, we preferred to pay a lower basic wage with higher bonuses and that David Silva and Sergio Aguero were on £140k a week before bonuses. Are you with me so far? So Raheem Sterling would not get paid £150k per week basic. Again, basic. I'm not getting into what their bonuses are, because they're fucking varied. I don't even know what my own fucking bonuses will be at the end of the year. But that £150k a week figure is bullshit planted by the pro Liverpool cunts in the media in their little phony war with Sterling at the moment. Because that's not how we pay our staff. We could sit here and argue exact figures all night, but neither of us know what they are. What is public knowledge however, is our preferred employee benefit structure. That is the point I'm making. If you want to try and twist words to suit your argument, kindly fuck off and find a politician, because I don't have the time.

No. Not with you at all. Widely reported that Milner is being offered £165k a week to stay. Is that basic? With or without bonuses? Not being offered that at all. What is your take? Seriously interested.

Whatever you say about basic wages is bollocks. Do you think Aguero gets taxed on £140k a week. End of the day neither you or I know what the players wages are. But what I do know is top premier league footballers earn per week is more than £200k a week. And that's exactly what Sergio and Silva will earn. What we are offering Sterling might be zero or more. It's guess work.
Not seen that about Milner and I hasten to add that I think you're being a wum

SSN did run a story that we had offered him £165k a week to stay a couple of weeks ago, must be true then...

Ducado said:
Like others I don't really dislike them, but Bodgers has to be one of the most annoying managers out there

i agree, not many over the years have made me dislike them as much as Rodgers, as for the fans "hate" is a strong word but they do really piss me off with how they really do think that they are all that matters in football,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.