Liverpool Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Moneyball scousers. Sell your best players for as much as you can and replace them with whatever is available on the cheap.

While convincing the fans that the players signed are upgrades on those departing,although rawk will be full of "we can challenge this year"..
To be fair, that's not Moneyball, that's just scouse delusion. That's not new to the FSG plan

Rawk seems to think Milner and Ings are a bit of a statement...

Are you taking ONE post and extrapolating it over everyone?

If anything RAWK in whiplash-esque fashion have become even more pessimistic than other Liverpool fans--they're dreading next season over there, and at half-time vs. Stoke they did (and the vast majority still do) wanted Rodgers out yesterday.

I'm just not getting the vibes that Liverpool fans are hyping Milner and Ings that you are.

I rated Rogers as a Manager initially but I think he is crumbling a bit. The Balotelli situation is a complete disaster and the way the Sterling situation has developed has been poor on both sides. I don’t see any momentum and the Ings signing just adds to that feeling of coasting along trying to keep a lid on the problems they have got as opposed to improving the squad. Milner is a good signing for them but is a steady player and they need a goal scorer / match winner. With Balotelli and Lambert both lurking in the squad, contributing very little, and Sturridge constantly injured they need a reliable goal scorer, they have gambled on Ings being that player. There is a lot of quality when their best players are on top form but there is also a lot of mediocrity and Ings may add to that.

We're going to get another striker. Borini and Lambert won't be here. I don't think Balotelli is too bad to keep around if he wants to be here, but $$$ and also Rodgers himself clearly doesn't want the guy around (I still don't see a massive difference between Benteke and Balotelli).

Meanwhile, let's not forget Rodgers is like a 18 year old version of a player. He's also developing and he'll have his ups and downs. That's why unless there was a clear upgrade available and willing to come now there is no point of firing him (yet). The key is the humility to learn. He looked genuinely shell-shocked after the Stoke game, let's see how he approaches next season with an entire summer.

Are you taking ONE post and extrapolating it over everyone?

If anything RAWK in whiplash-esque fashion have become even more pessimistic than other Liverpool fans--they're dreading next season over there, and at half-time vs. Stoke they did (and the vast majority still do) wanted Rodgers out yesterday.

I'm just not getting the vibes that Liverpool fans are hyping Milner and Ings that you are.

I copied one.......there is plenty though......although reading back,I'm actually starting to think they are taking the piss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.