Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their front 4 is fantastic, it's a shame for them that Firmino isn't the best goalscorer because he's great in every other aspect.

Their problem is everything behind it (with the exception of Matip and possibly Can IMO). We know from Klopp's time at Dortmund that this style of football can work at the highest level so you have to assume (like us last year) that it's a personnel problem.

Keita should help them out in midfield next year. If they can keep Coutinho then all they'd really need is a new goalie, left back and centre back and their first team could really be elevated.

Their front 4 is fantastic, it's a shame for them that Firmino isn't the best goalscorer because he's great in every other aspect.

Their problem is everything behind it (with the exception of Matip and possibly Can IMO). We know from Klopp's time at Dortmund that this style of football can work at the highest level so you have to assume (like us last year) that it's a personnel problem.

Keita should help them out in midfield next year. If they can keep Coutinho then all they'd really need is a new goalie, left back and centre back and their first team could really be elevated.
You mean it could be their year.

The amount of money needed now to buy a decent defence and an addition or two in midfield as well as a goalie can be astronomical if you are looking at the top players.

Liverpool will be looking at the level below top class and for the younger type of players who are up and coming, hoping to unearth a gem or two, which if lucky they might, but again these type of players can still be very costly.

The simple truth and one many Liverpool fans have as yet failed to grasp, is not only can Liverpool not attract and afford the top players but they are a selling club.

There is no way Coutinho will be staying with them, though imo I really fail to see how he is worth the figures being quoted, but he will not be at Liverpool next season.

The amount of money needed now to buy a decent defence and an addition or two in midfield as well as a goalie can be astronomical if you are looking at the top players.

Liverpool will be looking at the level below top class and for the younger type of players who are up and coming, hoping to unearth a gem or two, which if lucky they might, but again these type of players can still be very costly.

The simple truth and one many Liverpool fans have as yet failed to grasp, is not only can Liverpool not attract and afford the top players but they are a selling club.

There is no way Coutinho will be staying with them, though imo I really fail to see how he is worth the figures being quoted, but he will not be at Liverpool next season.

This is true, although the cult of personality that exists within the club does allow them to hold onto players better than any similar club.

With their signings and signing potential, maybe a finger of blame should be pointed towards their scouting department with regards to not finding the right players on the relative cheap. But I think a big problem for them is that even if their scouting department and negotiation team were the best in the world they'd go and sign another forward or box to box CM ahead of a player they actually need.

It's unlikely Coutinho stays, that is true. Although I have a feeling Barcelona might turn their sights elsewhere, unless he has a very good world cup.

You mean it could be their year.

Haha I set myself up there for that one didn't I?!

That’s just the point. If the past was the past - so be it but LFC seem to want some sort of Stalinist perspective. Remember Hillsbourough - quite rightly but totally bury Heysel. Both of these events are tragic and both should be respected and remembered. I applaud the campaign to ensure the truth came out re Hillsborough but equally LFCs failure to properly face up to what happened at Heysel is wrong. At both Hillsborough and Heysel - people lost loved ones and in both cases their families deserve dignity, respect and the TRUTH.

That deserves a "Thumbs Up"

So this lad come on with an obvious wind-up and again Heysel gets brought up, followed by the 2014 match, which is getting worse and worse with every post. Why not mention that City players and fans were clapped for their Hillsborough tribute before the game? Or that Yaya went down like we've seen many times and everyone thought, oh yeah he will back on his feet in a minute so cheered, as it was comical and when he went off he got a clap? The booing during the game was no disrespect, it was an attempt to put your team off that's all. The bus was attacked by some twats away from the ground, who are just brainless kids most of the time, not by anyone at the ground. Of course we have some nobheads in our support, but I bet most City fans have had no hassle at Anfield and remember Maine Road was no picnic. In fact I wish Anfield was as hostile as you say, because these days it's like Alton Towers!!!!
So because it wasn't outside the stadium it wasn't liverfool fans then?

Is it just me or is there a core of jealousy and hatred for other clubs that runs through Liverpool FC as a whole now? I remember when they dominated football here and in Europe. I loved watching them play. The club went about winning with dignity and were respected for it. Graeme Souness was my favourite player at the time. I even remember the whole of Maine Rd singing "YNWA" the week after Hillsborough. Even under Rafa I wanted them to do well and take the title from the rags.

Now it seems as though a different mentality of bitterness has set in. They seem to hate all.

Maybe it's just me.

Is it just me or is there a core of jealousy and hatred for other clubs that runs through Liverpool FC as a whole now? I remember when they dominated football here and in Europe. I loved watching them play. The club went about winning with dignity and were respected for it. Graeme Souness was my favourite player at the time. I even remember the whole of Maine Rd singing "YNWA" the week after Hillsborough. Even under Rafa I wanted them to do well and take the title from the rags.

Now it seems as though a different mentality of bitterness has set in. They seem to hate all.

Maybe it's just me.

And probably hated by all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.