Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already spent on VVD and Keita.
Exactly - Definitely not better off imo, VVD won't make the same difference as Coutinho has done over the years.

Also, how much is KDB, Sané, Sterling and Gabby worth when Coutinho goes for that amount of money :) Not that we are a selling club, but anyway.

I'm not surprised they are interested in Mahrez. If they got him and a decent keeper in January then, together with VVD, even taking into account the loss of Coutinho,
it wouldn't be a bad transfer window for them. That would be an overall improvement in the team. Of course there are 2 big ifs in that statement.

Well I have rated Keita for a good year now and VVD is at least a top 10% in Europe defender I'd imagine.

But that said, this whole Coutinho thing will be another recurrence of the Suarez dynamic. Get huge amount of money for selling actual star but you can't get any real current or even potential future player of that level to come to you.

Thus they will end up "using the Coutinho money" as they "used the Suarez money." (i.e. on about 5 Divock Origis - assuming the Coutinho money wasn't used for Keita/VVD)

See also: how Spurs "used the Bale money."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.