Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the fuss about him. He is a good player but not 100m good.
He wouldn't get in our team ahead of Silva or kdb so what must kdb be working - Silva wouldn't be 'worth' much as much due to his age

We don't know how much influence Suarez has in this
It could be him who's telling Barca that Coutinho is the dogs bollocks and would be a perfect fit

If I were Barca's negotiators, I'd make a take it or leave it offer and then start leaking stories about cooling interest in Coutinho and making offers for Mbappe and Sanchez

No one else rates Coutinho for anything like that amount of money and I truly think that Liverpool are insane to refuse a £90m offer

If Coutinho is rated at £100M+ and Mbappe at £150M+ what the fuck is our current squad value!!!

Barcelona should just call there bluff and tell them we moving on to new targets now and make it public. I bet you within 2 days the Liverpool owners be knocking there door down to sell them Coutinho for the 90+ million.

It's a big fork in the road for Liverpool. Is it the case that he's not for sale at any price or just not at that price. Or not for sale this summer but, like Suarez, they'll let him go if he gives them another season.

Do FSG really have ambition for the club that they're prepared to back or are they happy to be an upmarket version of Southampton & play the Moneyball game if the offer is good enough?

Them and Spurs could easily fall by the wayside at a time when Everton are showing some ambition.

It's a big fork in the road for Liverpool. Is it the case that he's not for sale at any price or just not at that price. Or not for sale this summer but, like Suarez, they'll let him go if he gives them another season.

Do FSG really have ambition for the club that they're prepared to back or are they happy to be an upmarket version of Southampton & play the Moneyball game if the offer is good enough?

Them and Spurs could easily fall by the wayside at a time when Everton are showing some ambition.

Of course.

Liverpool and Spurs are the 5th and 6th biggest clubs in the country. If either finish in the top 4, they have overachieved. As for their players, when City, United, Chelsea, Barca, Real and now PSG come calling. They have to sell. That is their new reality.

Liverpool try and compete (with the big boys) by paying big wages but in the end that will break them. They simply do not have deep enough pockets.

Everton still have a little way to go before they can compete with either of them

We don't know how much influence Suarez has in this
It could be him who's telling Barca that Coutinho is the dogs bollocks and would be a perfect fit

If I were Barca's negotiators, I'd make a take it or leave it offer and then start leaking stories about cooling interest in Coutinho and making offers for Mbappe and Sanchez

No one else rates Coutinho for anything like that amount of money and I truly think that Liverpool are insane to refuse a £90m offer

If Coutinho is rated at £100M+ and Mbappe at £150M+ what the fuck is our current squad value!!!

I think the problem for Liverpool will be that they would not be able to replace him. I don't think they pulling power is anywhere near what it used to be anymore.

I don't know who is stupid here.

The dippers for turning down ninety million or Barcelona for bidding it.

These transfer fees have been getting out of hand since last summer.

I understand what you mean, but they'd be losing Coutinho and sourcing a replacement. He's a good player but not a worldy like Suarez

Yea I get that, but I just do not think they can get a replacement that is as good as him... and he is one of their best players. Without him I think they will drop in the table.

Just seen this little gem on the BBC.

The Beeb is asking for defining Premier League moments:

Matt Price: Liverpool thrashing United 4-1 at Old Trafford in 2009. Simply incredible moment, so much more than "Aguero" to be honest.

Deluded isn't the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.