Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get why you need to add cretins there. It really isn't a load of nonsense, we both know there's a pretty obvious correlation between net spend and success. You really telling me that if you'd sold De Bruyne, Silva, Otamendi and Aguero to balance the books so your net spend was around 0 you'd be anywhere near as good as you are right now? We both know the answer to that is you wouldn't. Working on a budget is far harder than working with near infinite resources, it's the exact reason Sean Dyche is pushing Pep for Manager of the Year, if that wasn't the case they wouldn't even be comparable. Like I said, I have absolutely no qualms with you guys spending and I'd absolutely love it to see us spend £250m this summer, just feel like it needs to be taken into account when judging a club.

The reason Dyche is pushing Pep for manager of the year is because Pep was successful with money, not because Dyche was successful without it.

There's a difference, illustrated thusly: if Burnley were 14th, Hodgson would be pushing Pep for MOTY, or Klopp. Being successful with money doesn't count.

I really don't get why you need to add cretins there. It really isn't a load of nonsense, we both know there's a pretty obvious correlation between net spend and success. You really telling me that if you'd sold De Bruyne, Silva, Otamendi and Aguero to balance the books so your net spend was around 0 you'd be anywhere near as good as you are right now? We both know the answer to that is you wouldn't. Working on a budget is far harder than working with near infinite resources, it's the exact reason Sean Dyche is pushing Pep for Manager of the Year, if that wasn't the case they wouldn't even be comparable. Like I said, I have absolutely no qualms with you guys spending and I'd absolutely love it to see us spend £250m this summer, just feel like it needs to be taken into account when judging a club.
The correlation between net spend and success isn't as strong as you'd think. The real correlation is between the wage bill and success. High net spend is generally caused either by teams trying to improve dramatically and quickly, or by teams when they've got a big rebuilding job to do. Teams with assets can generally get away with a low net spend. We could probably raise enough to buy a player that would improve our starting eleven just by selling a few youth players and fringe players. Would it then be accurate to say to a fan of Leicester or Watford whose team have spent £30m improving their squad that we finished ahead of them despite our lower net spend?

I heard a lot of booing to Milner at the Etihad which I didn't really get as he was very loyal to your club and played a big part in you guys winning the league twice so to me that was pretty unfair and disrespectful as there wasn't really any reasoning for it unlike with Sterling (not that I'm saying the reasoning is valid for Sterling).

Oh look. A scouser who turns out to be an ignorant hypocrite. Who knew?

How many times have you been on RAWK to pull them up about the booing of Sterling? I’ll tell you how many. None.

Why not? Because you’re a shithouse. And a hypocrite to come on here lecturing us about the way we act towards a former player. And ignorant too because even a tiny amount of knowledge of the subject you choose to spout off on would have told you that in the main returning former blues are treated with the greatest respect. Very few are booed and when it happens there is a good reason for it.

It gets worse. You come on here mouthing off about the way our fans behave because you have either no clue how angry we are about a cowardly, club sanctioned attack on our coach or because you are a WUM. I will assume you are an idiot because if you were WUMming you would be banned.

In case you haven’t got the message, it was extremely ill advised for you to post what you did. Still, that’s scousers all day long - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Now fuck off back under the rock you crawled out from. Oh, you can’t - it got thrown at our coach

so just fuck off.

How many times have you been on RAWK to pull them up about the booing of Sterling? I’ll tell you how many. None.

Why not? Because you’re a shithouse. And a hypocrite to come on here lecturing us about the way we act towards a former player. And ignorant too because even a tiny amount of knowledge of the subject you choose to spout off on would have told you that in the main returning former blues are treated with the greatest respect. Very few are booed and when it happens there is a good reason for it.

It gets worse. You come on here mouthing off about the way our fans behave because you have either no clue how angry we are about a cowardly, club sanctioned attack on our coach or because you are a WUM. I will assume you are an idiot because if you were WUMming you would be banned.

In case you haven’t got the message, it was extremely ill advised for you to post what you did. Still, that’s scousers all day long - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Now fuck off back under the rock you crawled out from. Oh, you can’t - it got thrown at our coach

so just fuck off.
You occasionally give the impression of not being fond of the Dippers, but you sit on the fence so much it's hard to tell.

Really not sure how you can say we've been "buying failure" when we've actually gained £30m on transfers since Klopp joined vs you guys spending like £370m on transfers. I have no issue with you guys spending a lot, I wish we would spend a lot more tbh and on top of that you spend your money very wisely on excellent players like Sane and Walker (unlike United) but it just seems a bit harsh not to take the £400m net spend difference into account when judging the two teams. Most Liverpool fans are very happy with this season because assuming we can beat Brighton that's back to back top 4's for us for the first time in nearly a decade and we've gotten to the UCL final which none of us would have dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Anyway my point is, I think it's harsh to say we've been "buying failure" when we haven't really spent much at all the last 2 years.
Did Salah VvD Robertson Keita wijnaldum karius matip mane and firminho all come from Melwood?

Who knew posting sense about United/Liverpool and the manner in which the media treat them in comparison to us would be such an effective trap for bringing Liverpool supports out of the Bluemoon woodwork.

so just fuck off.
I’m betting he’s another non-scouse-scouser. This place has been littered with them all season. He seems to be making the same ill informed arguments as well.

I’m betting he’s another non-scouse-scouser. This place has been littered with them all season. He seems to be making the same ill informed arguments as well.

Maybe. I must actually be clearer with my terminology because I know quite a lot of Liverpudlians who are very ashamed. They tend to be Evertonians who are very ashamed of their fellow scousers.

so just fuck off.

Well said mate! How any of the vermin that support that cult of a club can criticize anyone else on standards of behaviour is beyond belief.

Millner is booed because he has been disrespectful since he left to the club who paid him well and allowed him to win trophies. Sterling is booed because he left to better himself and that decision has been vindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.