Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
b2b85e67-a1d8-41bc-aa9c-1450a648906e.jpg

Facts that are and will be completely missed by the Liverpool (and United) loving media, unfortunately.

They both have the benefit of being judged on a 10-15 games consolidated mini-league (across all competitions), whilst we have to win every match and every competition in existence to be found adequate. They get to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on mostly dross and be touted as “doing things the right way”, while we spend slightly more (beginning relatively recently compared to those two) and are berated for “buying success”. That despite the fact that we have filled our side with young, hungry, high-achieving youngsters, meaning we will be able to cut our spending significantly in the future whilst they both continually to chuck cash at anything that can maintain a relatively high pulse for 90 minutes.

You never hear the media critising United or Liverpool for “buying failure” even though that is exactly what they have generally done as of late (especially Liverpool).

Really not sure how you can say we've been "buying failure" when we've actually gained £30m on transfers since Klopp joined vs you guys spending like £370m on transfers. I have no issue with you guys spending a lot, I wish we would spend a lot more tbh and on top of that you spend your money very wisely on excellent players like Sane and Walker (unlike United) but it just seems a bit harsh not to take the £400m net spend difference into account when judging the two teams. Most Liverpool fans are very happy with this season because assuming we can beat Brighton that's back to back top 4's for us for the first time in nearly a decade and we've gotten to the UCL final which none of us would have dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Anyway my point is, I think it's harsh to say we've been "buying failure" when we haven't really spent much at all the last 2 years.

Really not sure how you can say we've been "buying failure" when we've actually gained £30m on transfers since Klopp joined vs you guys spending like £370m on transfers. I have no issue with you guys spending a lot, I wish we would spend a lot more tbh and on top of that you spend your money very wisely on excellent players like Sane and Walker (unlike United) but it just seems a bit harsh not to take the £400m net spend difference into account when judging the two teams. Most Liverpool fans are very happy with this season because assuming we can beat Brighton that's back to back top 4's for us for the first time in nearly a decade and we've gotten to the UCL final which none of us would have dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Anyway my point is, I think it's harsh to say we've been "buying failure" when we haven't really spent much at all the last 2 years.

Fair enough, but I think the problem most blues have is that your fans don't appear to act "happy" or grateful -- they act entitled because of 'istree, despite all the dross the club has piled up over the intervening years. And you still boo Sterling, despite the fact that he's three times the player with us than he ever was or would have been with you.

Net spend is a load of nonsense. You need to account for the value of players remaining contracts to determine the profit or loss. It's only used by media/spurs/liverpool cretins because it's easy to calculate.

Fair enough, but I think the problem most blues have is that your fans don't appear to act "happy" or grateful -- they act entitled because of 'istree, despite all the dross the club has piled up over the intervening years. And you still boo Sterling, despite the fact that he's three times the player with us than he ever was or would have been with you.

I'm not really sure what to say to that, most Liverpool fans I know are very happy with how the seasons gone. There are definitely some individuals who expect a lot more and are continuously negative because we're "not like we were in the 80's" or whatever but most I know are very grateful for what Klopp's done and very happy with how our season has turned out. I think the booing is more just to do with the fact Sterling was pretty unprofessional in the way he forced a move and asked himself to be removed from the preseason tour etc. but it is a bit hypocritical when you look at what the likes of Van Dijk. However, I heard a lot of booing to Milner at the Etihad which I didn't really get as he was very loyal to your club and played a big part in you guys winning the league twice so to me that was pretty unfair and disrespectful as there wasn't really any reasoning for it unlike with Sterling (not that I'm saying the reasoning is valid for Sterling).

Net spend is a load of nonsense. You need to account for the value of players remaining contracts to determine the profit or loss. It's only used by media/spurs/liverpool cretins because it's easy to calculate.

I really don't get why you need to add cretins there. It really isn't a load of nonsense, we both know there's a pretty obvious correlation between net spend and success. You really telling me that if you'd sold De Bruyne, Silva, Otamendi and Aguero to balance the books so your net spend was around 0 you'd be anywhere near as good as you are right now? We both know the answer to that is you wouldn't. Working on a budget is far harder than working with near infinite resources, it's the exact reason Sean Dyche is pushing Pep for Manager of the Year, if that wasn't the case they wouldn't even be comparable. Like I said, I have absolutely no qualms with you guys spending and I'd absolutely love it to see us spend £250m this summer, just feel like it needs to be taken into account when judging a club.

I heard a lot of booing to Milner at the Etihad which I didn't really get as he was very loyal to your club and played a big part in you guys winning the league twice so to me that was pretty unfair and disrespectful as there wasn't really any reasoning for it unlike with Sterling (not that I'm saying the reasoning is valid for Sterling).

Jay,if youre gonna come on a rival forum and criticise our fan base in regards our treatment of a shithouse like Milner,at least do your research as to why we feel that way.

I'm not really sure what to say to that, most Liverpool fans I know are very happy with how the seasons gone. There are definitely some individuals who expect a lot more and are continuously negative because we're "not like we were in the 80's" or whatever but most I know are very grateful for what Klopp's done and very happy with how our season has turned out. I think the booing is more just to do with the fact Sterling was pretty unprofessional in the way he forced a move and asked himself to be removed from the preseason tour etc. but it is a bit hypocritical when you look at what the likes of Van Dijk. However, I heard a lot of booing to Milner at the Etihad which I didn't really get as he was very loyal to your club and played a big part in you guys winning the league twice so to me that was pretty unfair and disrespectful as there wasn't really any reasoning for it unlike with Sterling (not that I'm saying the reasoning is valid for Sterling).

I really don't get why you need to add cretins there. It really isn't a load of nonsense, we both know there's a pretty obvious correlation between net spend and success. You really telling me that if you'd sold De Bruyne, Silva, Otamendi and Aguero to balance the books so your net spend was around 0 you'd be anywhere near as good as you are right now? We both know the answer to that is you wouldn't. Working on a budget is far harder than working with near infinite resources, it's the exact reason Sean Dyche is pushing Pep for Manager of the Year, if that wasn't the case they wouldn't even be comparable. Like I said, I have absolutely no qualms with you guys spending and I'd absolutely love it to see us spend £250m this summer, just feel like it needs to be taken into account when judging a club.

I judge any football club on the way they play football. Why everyone suddenly thinks they are top accountants and go on about
what and what is not spent, is a joke. Enjoy the fucking football. That's what it's about. It doesn't matter who you sell.
They don't fucking play for you anymore.

I'm on the record as calling the booing of Milner silly, and saying that the only ex-City player I'd boo is Joey Barton, but @FantasyIreland is right in terms of why some others feel the way they do about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.