Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame Chavs have had a mare this season, would laugh my socks off if they lost to Brighton and Chavs won tomorrow.

Really not sure how you can say we've been "buying failure" when we've actually gained £30m on transfers since Klopp joined vs you guys spending like £370m on transfers. I have no issue with you guys spending a lot, I wish we would spend a lot more tbh and on top of that you spend your money very wisely on excellent players like Sane and Walker (unlike United) but it just seems a bit harsh not to take the £400m net spend difference into account when judging the two teams. Most Liverpool fans are very happy with this season because assuming we can beat Brighton that's back to back top 4's for us for the first time in nearly a decade and we've gotten to the UCL final which none of us would have dreamt of in our wildest dreams. Anyway my point is, I think it's harsh to say we've been "buying failure" when we haven't really spent much at all the last 2 years.

I agree to an extent.

I’ve enjoyed the Liverpool teams of the last few seasons tbh. I think what gets right up everyone’s nose though is the hyperbole surrounding your club and achievement. You play a style of football that is easy on the eye but over the past several seasons have t been nearly good enough to win the league. Mainly because you are inconsistent and look like world beaters playing top sides (who for the most part just play their normal game) but you look awful when lower placed sides set up to stop you....and there is no plan b.

I think if you can hang on to your better players and buy some quality for a few others you will have a chance..... but it’s a big if.

I'd serriously piss myself if Liverpool lost today and Chelsea won. It won't happen of course as even Liverpool aren't that inept - buy there you go.

Last edited:
Liverpool consider reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for illegal approach to Rhian Brewster - The Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.