Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Liverpool football club accountable for people who are outside the stadium? It is a residential area and the club are powerless to do anything about it.

To compare what happened on Wednesday to Heysel is apples and oranges and for the record the hyesel stadium was falling apart and people went to proson for it. Also why would the club be held accountable for the actions of individuals; they didn't tell them to act a **** did they?

I wasn’t comparing Heysel to Wednesday I think you’ll find.

How is Liverpool football club accountable for people who are outside the stadium? It is a residential area and the club are powerless to do anything about it.

To compare what happened on Wednesday to Heysel is apples and oranges and for the record the hyesel stadium was falling apart and people went to proson for it. Also why would the club be held accountable for the actions of individuals; they didn't tell them to act a **** did they?

Nor did it discourage the planned attack on our coach.

To claim anything else is disingenuous at least.

There were more than a few yes but in comparison the the number of people in the stadium it was a comparatively small number, if was also a minority of the fans outsidevnot every fan outside threw missiles.

There may have also been people there who never went the match as Anfield is a residential area.

How are the club supposed to stop it, it was outside the ground?
I think you’re missing the point.. everyone outside saw what was going on. No one did anything to stop it... carry on with your clubs attitude and turn the other cheek

I think you’re missing the point.. everyone outside saw what was going on. No one did anything to stop it... carry on with your clubs attitude and turn the other cheek

What were they supposed to do exactly? It takes a second go throw a bottle so how were they supposed to stop it and how do you know nobody said anything?

Nor did it discourage the planned attack on our coach.

To claim anything else is disingenuous at least.

I agree that on the face of it the club didn't do anything to discourage it and I think the club should have had the vision to approach the police to enforce a restricted area with no people. The problem with that is that it is a residential area so how can you stop people from gathering there and it would make it impossible as no time before that when fans had greeted coaches there was never any missiles thrown so therefore there was no precedent for restricting access to residential streets.

What were they supposed to do exactly? It takes a second go throw a bottle so how were they supposed to stop it and how do you know nobody said anything?
You’re as deluded as your club. I’m out.... enjoy the semi final I hope you get absolutely mauled

I agree that on the face of it the club didn't do anything to discourage it and I think the club should have had the vision to approach the police to enforce a restricted area with no people. The problem with that is that it is a residential area so how can you stop people from gathering there and it would make it impossible as no time before that when fans had greeted coaches there was never any missiles thrown so therefore there was no precedent for restricting access to residential streets.

You want a hostile environment for opposing teams coming to Anfield but you don't want to see thuggery of any type even if its confined to around 10-20 bottles/missiles as seen from the City Bus Video. Once identified then lifetime bans from Anfield would send out a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.