Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but this idea that Liverpool "bombed out of both domestic cups to keep pace with us" is just rubbish made up to hide the fact that their squad simply isn't good enough to compete for four trophies. Liverpool were four points clear at the top when they played Wolves but they rested certain key players at Wolves and lost. Other teams do the same in the cup but do not make defeat out to be some cunning, Baldricesque plan for the season. They accept that they weren't good enough even after they brought "Bobby" Firminho and Salah on.

Probably.
However, if it does go down to the last day and Liverpool don't win the league it will be devastating for them. I also think it will be the end of Klopp.

Let's not forget they've had to bomb out of both domestic cups to keep pace with us. They'll look like small time Charlie's if they miss out on the tilte as well.
Agreed

If we win CL and don't win the league it's acceptable to a point

Maybe I'm alone here but CL means more to me this year

I'm a bit old school in showing respect to the better team.

I just don't see Liverpool as the better team, they don't play a better style of football
and had an unnatural portion of luck on their side:
Pickford, Speroni, Rico, Lloris, Mahrez.
Nothing to do with "will", pure luck.
They would be incredibly lucky to win the league.
Could happen, but I still expect them to collapse under the immense historical pressure.

Looking on City's season I'm not the greedy fucker who needs to win all and everything.
Top 2 is superb, 2 domestic cups were superb, plus maybe CL semis would be superb.
Retaining the PL title alone would be fantastic, without any other cup title.

Winning CL needs a bit of luck like any cup competition with draws, that's non planable.

On purpose. Total disrespect.

We on the other hand have played our strongest available team in all competitions.

I seriously hope they win F*CK ALL.
Their disrespect of the cups and the fact that they dropped a potential 10 point lead has been completely swept under, hasn’t it?

I’ve taken to calling them the Revisionist ‘istory Club, as whenever they need something less than flattering (or despicable) to be washed away the media and their supporters are more than willing to immediately oblige, whilst everything we have ever (or, in recent cases, might have potentially, maybe, could have, if you think about it a certain way) done gets continually brought up, discussed, and used as a bludgeoning weapon against us.

It’s why I can’t stand the thought of them winning it this year. We won it last year with 100 points, breaking nearly every record on the way, and it now barely gets mentioned. And near on every “pundit” then said we would only be a truly great club if we won the league back-to-back-to-back, won the champions league, and eliminated all child poverty in the world. All whilst this season Liverpool have been hailed as one of the best sides in Premier League history for... scoring eight fewer goals / conceding one fewer than us, dropping a potential 10 point lead, and needing six (very suspect) errors from various opposition players and officials to be 2 points above us, having played one more game (so in a false position).

If they win it, mark my words, the goalposts won’t be moved for them. They’ll be put alongside United’s and Arsenal’s as one of the best ever sides, and our Centurion season will be relegated to a footnote at the NFM.

I'm a bit old school in showing respect to the better team.

I just don't see Liverpool as the better team, they don't play a better style of football
and had an unnatural portion of luck on their side:
Pickford, Speroni, Rico, Lloris, Mahrez.
Nothing to do with "will", pure luck.
They would be incredibly lucky to win the league.
Could happen, but I still expect them to collapse under the immense historical pressure.

Looking on City's season I'm not the greedy fucker who needs to win all and everything.
Top 2 is superb, 2 domestic cups were superb, plus maybe CL semis would be superb.
Retaining the PL title alone would be fantastic, without any other cup title.

Winning CL needs a bit of luck like any cup competition with draws, that's non planable.

I have no problem with teams getting "Luck", we all need some. It's the amount of aiding and abetting from the officials, that sticks in my craw.

However, if it does go down to the last day and Liverpool don't win the league it will be devastating for them. I also think it will be the end of Klopp.
Yeah, I think we'd see something similar to what happened with Rodgers.

Lad I know remarked that Klopp has done well in so little time and with scant resources, after telling him that Klopp has been in England longer than Pep he just clammed up muttering that I was just bias because I was a City fan.

Lip out and ignored, tossers one and all.

I'm sorry but this idea that Liverpool "bombed out of both domestic cups to keep pace with us" is just rubbish made up to hide the fact that their squad simply isn't good enough to compete for four trophies. Liverpool were four points clear at the top when they played Wolves but they rested certain key players at Wolves and lost. Other teams do the same in the cup but do not make defeat out to be some cunning, Baldricesque plan for the season. They accept that they weren't good enough even after they brought "Bobby" Firminho and Salah on.

For once I disagree with you mate.

They threw those cup games as they didn’t want the fixture pile up and they needed every possible advantage in the league.

When you’re up against a team who got 100 points you’ve got to be 1000% focused on the league to even get a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.