Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I disagree with you mate.

They threw those cup games as they didn’t want the fixture pile up and they needed every possible advantage in the league.

When you’re up against a team who got 100 points you’ve got to be 1000% focused on the league to even get a sniff.
On this site the notion of Liverpool bombing out of the domestic clubs is accepted as gospel. Prior to playing us, Chelsea beat Huddersfield, Aresnal, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Cardiff, PAOK, drew at West Ham. At Anfield we were a goal up (in a match we wanted to lose ?) they scored a contentious equaliser and Hazard scored a brilliant winner with 5 minutes to go. Anyone who can say Klopp is not a genius for managing this result knows nothing about fixing matches. I cannot be bothered mentioning who you played in that round but I can feel confident in saying that they were not in the same league as Chelsea.

On this site the notion of Liverpool bombing out of the domestic clubs is accepted as gospel. Prior to playing us, Chelsea beat Huddersfield, Aresnal, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Cardiff, PAOK, drew at West Ham. At Anfield we were a goal up (in a match we wanted to lose ?) they scored a contentious equaliser and Hazard scored a brilliant winner with 5 minutes to go. Anyone who can say Klopp is not a genius for managing this result knows nothing about fixing matches. I cannot be bothered mentioning who you played in that round but I can feel confident in saying that they were not in the same league as Chelsea.
Lol

Conveniently swerved the Wolves game in that well tooled response. Did you see see Klopps apathetic reaction to your equaliser? Never has a manager looked so underwhelmed by his own side scoring. And that from a manager that is usually in full gurn fist pumping mode when you win a throw in

They were a counter attacking team last season with a leaky defense. They struggled against any team that sat back deep. As they needed space and the high press induced turnovers to win.

Now their defense is solid. They control game more and better. They have a more varied attack. Their midfield is stronger and the team is deeper. The only area that's weaker is Salah, who isn't as prolific, but Mane is almost 2ice as good and Firmino is better.

Their Fullbacks are twice as good.. I know we are in an existential struggle with them currently, but this team is far far better than last seasons. Far far better.
They are slightly better at breaking down parked buses but they've still struggled in a lot of games, so I wouldn't call it "controlling games" and their midfield is still their weak point, United, Spurs and Chelsea all have better midfields man for man than them.

They obviously have improved the defense and the goalkeeper(you'd hope so for what they paid) but a) Their attacks aren't as fluid nor as ruthless b) They deserved to have dropped atleast 11 points just factoring in mistakes from officials. So even the points return isn't telling you the whole story.

Fullbacks "twice as good"? Were they not decent last season? They have improved marginally but to say twice as good is way over the top.

Their front 3 are better overall than last season in your eyes? Really? I do think people go over the top saying they've turned shit compared to last season but to say they're better this season is a bit much. I don't care what stats you give for that, the type of goals they are scoring are a big stepdown on last seasons, they are winning ugly with scrappy goals a lot of the time. Mané is the only point you made with anything to it and that's only since the start of 2019, when I looked in December he was only a goal in front of Sané with less assists and way more minutes played obviously. Before that he was having a typical Mané season, running hot and cold every other game. Firmino is about the same as last season but he was always the weakest link of the 3 anyway for me. So you're essentially trying to say the Mané of this season is better than the Salah of last season? It's a no from me.

Each to their own, it's all opinions at the end of the day but you seem to be seeing a lot more than what's actually happening on the pitch. It's one thing to over emphasise raw stats which don't tell you the full story at the best of times(like their front 3 compared to this season) but some of what you said isn't even supported by those either. Aside from that, I was simply saying they aren't as entertaining to watch going forward compared to last season, which is entirely subjective anyway.

Last edited:

Like a bad smell this guy...

Seems like the RAWK mutants are frothing over this thread at the moment.

Well have this bin dippers - you couldn't sell out your last LC semi final at your own ground. FACT

A big factor in the way they play is that they can physically overwhelm their opposition. I don't know what's in the water on Merseyside but it's crazy how they keep it up despite playing at least 8 of the same players every single game.

I mean we do it too, but there've been a few games where we've lacked on the physical side and it showed (today, Newcastle, Chelsea, Lyon). But Liverpool, every game pretty much they're at it. I'll be polite and say well done to them.

You can all feel free to be less polite ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.