Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve never had that much to thank my parents for in my life, but the one thing I thank them for is that I was not born a scouser!

My grandad was but from the blue side!
Thank fuck he walked to Macclesfield in the 30’s looking for work !!!

My grandad was but from the blue side!
Thank fuck he walked to Macclesfield in the 30’s looking for work !!!

I once had to walk away from Macclesfield all the way back to Poynton at 3am in the pissing rain, when a bird I had pulled in the Queens turned out to be a nut nut and I had to escape from her flat. Similar thing happened in Rhodes once which was a much better place to have to walk miles in the middle of the night.

Did I imagine it or was the Standard Chartered logo quite prominent in their memorial display, last week?
Not necessarily faulting them, if it was. They're quite entitled to mourn/ remember, as they wish. Just their particular style wouldn't be to my taste is all.

there was a rumour the other day re a pre season friendly v napoli. one of the grounds they were looking at possibly playing it in was the new spurs stadium. makes sense as it would be easier to get to than anfield.
i was on a bus yesterday and overheard 2 people saying they wanted city to win the league. another lad piped up how he wanted city to also. this was in southampton, and despite what they believe they really are not anyone's 2nd team. my fear is them needing to beat newcastle on the last day to win it. rafa will send a team out to roll over for them for sure.
Don't they have Wolves??

In all seriousness he did just that, as did the rest of the Beatles. Whilst McCartney frequently went back to visit extended family, Lennon & Harrison famously hardly ever did. They found the inverted snobbery and parochial introspection and self-reverence stultifying, and they are traits that endure today. I laugh out loud every time some video appears on YouTube or Twitter of some scruff with an acoustic guitar wandering on stage at some private function or other to breathlessly sing "Allez, allez, allez", as if it were a paean to fallen poetic folk heroes of yore (think the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War) rather than a bunch of footballers. Better yet are the ones where Klopp turns up and joins in, and they all clap their hands to the sides of their heads as if they just seen the messiah. There is no bunch of supporters anywhere in the world so monumentally up themselves. I've been saying it all season, I would rather the rags won the Quadruple than have Liverpool win anything. Beating them in the title race would be a thing of absolute joy......
The boss nights with Jamie Webster are cringeworthy beyond belief. Only them and man united/pete boyle could get away with it. Assuming they have to pay for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.