Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dijk is phenomenal. Possibly the best centre back in the world right now. With him playing this well, they are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet at the Etihad. Not confident of us doing the same however. At present I believe they will beat us on the 3rd. Something significant would need to change in the coming games for me to change my mind. I don’t think we’re playing good enough at the moment to beat them. Doesn’t mean the title would be over though, but it would be bloody difficult!
Best centre back in the world? Are you tripping? Is this the same centre back who gave us a penalty when he didn't need to dive in? Is this the same centre back who can't handle being closed down and hussled, like raheem did in the champions league last year? Virgil thinks Virgil is the best centre back in the world, we've conceded 3 more goals than them. Surely laporte is world class too?
Nah not buying into the Virgil love in, don't get me wrong he's a good quick physical player but world class? Nope nowhere near.

Best centre back in the world? Are you tripping? Is this the same centre back who gave us a penalty when he didn't need to dive in? Is this the same centre back who can't handle being closed down and hussled, like raheem did in the champions league last year? Virgil thinks Virgil is the best centre back in the world, we've conceded 3 more goals than them. Surely laporte is world class too?
Nah not buying into the Virgil love in, don't get me wrong he's a good quick physical player but world class? Nope nowhere near.
Show me a defender that’s never made a mistake. Good luck!

And yes, Laporte is world class too. I’ve said that many times.

Van Dijk is phenomenal. Possibly the best centre back in the world right now. With him playing this well, they are more than capable of keeping a clean sheet at the Etihad. Not confident of us doing the same however. At present I believe they will beat us on the 3rd. Something significant would need to change in the coming games for me to change my mind. I don’t think we’re playing good enough at the moment to beat them. Doesn’t mean the title would be over though, but it would be bloody difficult!

Why not leave the hype to the dipper fans , they excel at it ?

Show me a defender that’s never made a mistake. Good luck!

And yes, Laporte is world class too. I’ve said that many times.
I don't think laporte is world class in the same breath that Virgil isn't world class, both solid defenders but phenomenal? Totally the wrong word to describe him.
But the press are blowing smoke up his and the mickeys arse at the minute so we just have to smile sweetly and get on with it.

You absolute vagina.

I don't think laporte is world class in the same breath that Virgil isn't world class, both solid defenders but phenomenal? Totally the wrong word to describe him.
But the press are blowing smoke up his and the mickeys arse at the minute so we just have to smile sweetly and get on with it.
I honestly do think they are both phenomenal centre backs. I would say that Van Dijk carries this Liverpool team, he makes players like Lovren raise their game. It’s very similar to Vinnie back in the day when as long as we had him in the pitch, it didn’t matter whether it was Lescott, Kolo Toure or even Savic next to him. I wouldn’t say Laporte carries our team, that fits Fernandinho far more, but he is absolutely essential to our build up. A phase of play that we find ourselves in for almost 70% of each match. So for our purposes, in our style, he is absolutely a world class player, phenomenal even.

The candle burning never our fault love in is well a truly out in force his morning....get the bus fired up and dust down the shankly flags

You absolute vagina.
Lol what’s your problem? That I can see Liverpool keeping a clean sheet and us not? In their last 10 matches, they’ve kept 7 clean sheets. It’s probably around 8 matches since we last kept one. So why you have to be an arse about it is a bit odd. We definitely have to improve on recent performances to beat them. I’m not saying we can’t, just that we need to play better than of late. It’s quite clearly the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.