Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m at the very least concerned. They are a good team this season and I think they can just about weather through injuries.

Their passes last night were very instinctive and reminded me of our 150 goals season. Under Pep we are more calculative because teams sit back and we are wary of injuries for eyeing the CL more this year.

The only thing we can do and do best is to steamroll every team including Liverpool. I dont see them dropping a lot of points.

Their first defeat will knock the sails out of them and a team like ours who know what it takes will take full advantage.
I’ve no problem with their fans getting giddy. Gobshites they may be but football is about the moment as well as the trophies at the end of the season.
They are are a better team than last season and the main deficiencies seem to have been rectified. But they aren’t as good as us, aren’t as experienced when it comes to the nitty gritty of holding your nerve and they don’t have Pep.
Their great start will just make it all the sweeter when it counts for nothing.

8 points behind, same games played, 5 games to go with a head to head left. We needed them to drop 5 points in 4 games outside the head to head.
We needed Liverpool to drop 3 in 3 games and to win our matches.
Considering we were up against the pisscan's rag team as well, I think 11/12 was far worse.

Six games to go.

I watched the game last night, don't tend to watch many non-City games but thought I would treat myself to watching this special team.

Some of their counter attacking is exceptional, but it is always done at such full tilt they never seem fully in control. Fabinho added a bit of class in terms of keeping the ball and I thought Wolves were generally outstanding other than the odd error. Their intensity was spot on and they missed some outrageous chances due to a lack of composure. Funny then to read the write up on BBC and barely see mention of it.

At least they have been kind enough to mention that the last time a team was top at Christmas and didn't go on to win the league it was Liverpool...and City won it! Although the BBC used a 9 year period...and having seen Sky Sports coverage earlier in the day I believe if you were to go back another year Liveepool were also top at Christmas and didn't win it! Strange to not mention they had bottled it twice.

Joking aside, they are a great team. Traore played for Wolves and whilst he is a headless chicken he is rapid but Van Dijk beat him to the ball with absolute ease and won everything in the air. Much like Laporte for us, they seem to be carried by him and changes around him make little difference.

We are in a title race, it is exciting and all City fans must rejoice in the fact that if "this is their year" it ends on the 31st and they won fuck all...typical idiot scousers should really be saying "this is our season" of course.

Big win v Palace today I hope to put pressure right back on them!

Their first defeat will knock the sails out of them and a team like ours who know what it takes will take full advantage.
I’ve no problem with their fans getting giddy. Gobshites they may be but football is about the moment as well as the trophies at the end of the season.
They are are a better team than last season and the main deficiencies seem to have been rectified. But they aren’t as good as us, aren’t as experienced when it comes to the nitty gritty of holding your nerve and they don’t have Pep.
Their great start will just make it all the sweeter when it counts for nothing.

To be fair, we wasn’t even in a title race last season, so have we got the experience when it comes to the pressure matches at the end of the season? What ever happens, I feel this title race is going to be the death of me.

Just find it strange that our best 3 players in Aguero, Silva and KDB have all had injuries yet Mane Salah and Firminho all ok more or less all season. These little things add up.

Aguero has always picked up injuries. Cast your mind back to 2014 and it was Dzeko who stepped up on the run in
KDB was just bloody unlucky, but he's now back and fresh. The injury may have done him and us a favour
Apart from ankle knocks Dave Silva has rarely been injured, but again he's almost ready to return after a rest

Apparently klopp is saying it could take 105 points to win the league. I think they’re piling way too much pressure on themselves and at the back end of the season klopp will whip the fans into a frenzy let’s not forget this guy actively encouraged the coach attacks. I can see them buckling when it gets serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.