Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Blades win today, Liverpool would have to do something they haven’t yet done this season (lose) to make that game at the Etihad continue to be relevant. After the trip to Wolves on Thursday, the fixture list gets a lot easier for the next two months, which is surely another part of the Worldwide Scouse Conspiracy so many here seem to buy into.

It’s a distinct possibility we’ll be celebrating winning the league properly, at Anfield, after beating Palace two weeks before playing at City. If all of this were to come off, Klopp could very well choose to run out the kids against you lot, particularly if the Quadruple is still on by then.
Imagine if we win both domestic cups and the champions league? A double a treble and a treble over 3 years will dwarf you winning the league ably assisted by the PIGMOl guys and Stockley Park. You’ll have had your best season since last year and still achieved less than us. Not saying it will happen but it’s as possible as your Quadruple. Be even sweeter if we beat you in all 3 finals

If the Blades win today, Liverpool would have to do something they haven’t yet done this season (lose) to make that game at the Etihad continue to be relevant. After the trip to Wolves on Thursday, the fixture list gets a lot easier for the next two months, which is surely another part of the Worldwide Scouse Conspiracy so many here seem to buy into.

It’s a distinct possibility we’ll be celebrating winning the league properly, at Anfield, after beating Palace two weeks before playing at City. If all of this were to come off, Klopp could very well choose to run out the kids against you lot, particularly if the Quadruple is still on by then.

What quadruple is this then? Laegue, CL FAC and ??

Fair enough, i didn't think there was much in it all - always get frustrated when a goalie fumbles , falls to the floor and wins a foul.
Almost any contact with the goalkeeper cam be deemed a foul. For me, De Gea got to the ball first, and it was the contact that caused him to lose the ball.

If the same incident was between two outfield players though, I think the challenge would have been deemed fair, with one of them winning the header. But I do consider it to be fair to offer goalkeepers slightly more protection when their arms are raised to catch the ball, giving their bodies less protection.

Where is the xG column in the table, mate?

Results never tell the whole story about performances. For instance, if one didn't watch both games between Barca and Liverpool last season, one would think that Barca smashed Liverpool in the first leg and Liverpool played otherwordly stuff in the second leg. Truth is that Liverpool were quite good in the 1st leg and didn't deserve to lose. And that the 2nd leg offered terrific efficiency from Liverpool, great spirit etc, but no one in his right mind would think that was incredible football in terms of sheer quality.

Conte's Chelsea won 93 pts. Don't think many count them among the top 5 PL sides ever. They were uttelry efficient and the xG told us precisely that. They outperformed their xG by 18 pts.

Liverpool's xG tells us the same thing which TAA himself has said, and not some bitter opposition fan. He said that Liverpool players weren't pleased with their performances most of the time despite getting the points. This is exactly what the xG suggest: Liverpool have been clincial and lucky, but not really fantastic in terms of the quality of their performances, excluding 4-5 games.

Besides, it's not only about outperforming your xG. It's also about being lucky about the other teams having bad injuries, several of the top clubs going through a transtional period and being really poor, etc. You are winning the worst PL season in terms of the quality of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. The only team having the quality to compete wiht you has suffered many injuries and several dubious decisons including the game with you.

Last edited:
Imagine if we win both domestic cups and the champions league? A double a treble and a treble over 3 years will dwarf you winning the league ably assisted by the PIGMOl guys and Stockley Park. You’ll have had your best season since last year and still achieved less than us. Not saying it will happen but it’s as possible as your Quadruple. Be even sweeter if we beat you in all 3 finals

I would be very surprised if this City can win the CL with our defence but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I don't buy into all this tainted title stuff that is floating around, winning a league, is winning a league but what I find interesting is that most fans of other clubs that I speak to still believe that a full strength City is the best side in the league. Imagine losing 1 game in 1.5 seasons, being miles in front of everyone at the top of the league in January and there still being a significant number of people thinking you're only there because City have injuries. It must grate them that.

I would be very surprised if this City can win the CL with our defence but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I don't buy into all this tainted title stuff that is floating around, winning a league, is winning a league but what I find interesting is that most fans of other clubs that I speak to still believe that a full strength City is the best side in the league. Imagine losing 1 game in 1.5 seasons, being miles in front of everyone at the top of the league in January and there still being a significant number of people thinking you're only there because City have injuries. It must grate them that.

Grates because it's true. Fair fucks to the scousers though, they have capitalised in fine fashion.

Last season we were more consistent than them in the league, because we won it. We were more consistent than them in the League Cup, because we won it. We were more consistent than them in the FA Cup, because we won it. Nobody in the history of English football has had a more consistent domestic season that us last year.

These Liverpool pundits love picking and choosing random time-frames to drive home their point but if they are going to do it, at least make sure it is correct.

This season they’re running away with the title and we’ve been nowhere near as good as we have been. So that makes them more consistent.

This season they’re running away with the title and we’ve been nowhere near as good as we have been. So that makes them more consistent.
Think he was referring more to the arbitrary timescale of 18 months than anything else. Don't think anyone could dispute that they've been far more consistent than us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.