Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not remotely religious but I am off to have a kneel down with my rosary beads.... to pray this happens
Lent started Wednesday which demands us Catholics to commit to 3 things: helping the poor; fasting; and prayer. Trust me, Our Lady is being hammered with League abandonment requests.

Can't see the league completed the way it's going.
If the ban on gathering comes into it I can see them declaring the premier league completed and all remaining games as draws, dippers get the title ( and an * alongside it) we keep the records and they miss out on celebrating on the pitch.

I’d be willing to be infected and spread it across Merseyside if it meant getting the league cancelled.

Sadly there’s too much money involved for it to be cancelled. If things got really badly the league would just be completed behind closed doors.

As I said elsewhere, if things carry on at the very least they won’t be able to have their parade or trophy presentation.

I’d be willing to be infected and spread it across Merseyside if it meant getting the league cancelled.

Sadly there’s too much money involved for it to be cancelled. If things got really badly the league would just be completed behind closed doors.

As I said elsewhere, if things carry on at the very least they won’t be able to have their parade or trophy presentation.

The problem with that scenario is that players becoming ill isn't taken into account bud, if this hits hard it will more than likely hit them too. We all know that once someone famous dies recommendations will flood in to shut it all down.

The problem with that scenario is that players becoming ill isn't taken into account bud, if this hits hard it will more than likely hit them too. We all know that once someone famous dies recommendations will flood in to shut it all down.

So we need a sacrificial lamb is what you’re saying? Carragher’s had a long enough life... would probably reduced the chance of spreading in Merseyside by about 50% too with the reduction in phlegm.

Can't see the league completed the way it's going.
If the ban on gathering comes into it I can see them declaring the premier league completed and all remaining games as draws, dippers get the title ( and an * alongside it) we keep the records and they miss out on celebrating on the pitch.
No way you can do that in declaring draws, some teams have easier harder run ins for relegation and champions league places, they’d have to just wipe it clean and put a star next to it, seen as all other fans want a star next to our previous title wins.

The league was suspended in 1939 and the results all annulled.
So there is a precedent for a world wide crisis.

When Denis Law scored 6 goals for City to be overwhelmingly in the lead, and then the match was abandoned, and then (typical) City lost the replay.
So there is a precedent for a team far ahead to not be awarded victory on abandonment.

... but I think the world clearly has far bigger issues to worry about than LiVARpool not being given the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.